• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Savage Base Found (Monday 13th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 13th may be unlucky for some but not for the Royal Guard! They sucessfully found, entered and emptied an underground cavern base which Savages were based.

The night began at the Counsellor's Hall where Fynn Barrett arrived and stated the nights mission - To find a Communication Crystal in Vesper and attempt to use it to speak with the Secret Service.

Fynn opened up a moongate to the Vesper Tanner and underneath the shop in a secret bar the crystal was found.

Using a code word from a code book found previously Fynn spoke 'Arnipo' into the device, Suddenly a gate appeared in the room.

Through the moongate a small cavern with a newly placed wall to the South.

With the Yewish not available with their usual poor explosives expertise Fynn began wobbling and jiggling rocks in the wall to try open up a secret passage.

Finally a passage was found and the Guard began to batter down on Savages in the first few caverns.

As the Royal Guard progressed through the caverns new walls would explode open allowing further access into the winding base.

The last few sections were extremely tough with Savages and Dragons Wearing Bone Armour, Tamers were almost useless with the high damage and instant rehealth of the enemies.

In the final room the dreaded Agents awaited, Having spent 15 minutes killing one in Cove the day before I knew this wouldn't be easy!

Finally the couple of agents were dead, On a table in a box were several books, They read:

Notes
by Colonel Kurtes
-------------------------
The Notebook of Colonel Kurtes

They say I have gone insane. They say I must be terminated with extreme prejudice. But is it me who is mad? These Savages are just as human as we are if not more so. They live close to the land they love and they hate the orcs. Is it such a hard thing to learn to love what is different?

I am their god. For this time at least. They listen to my every request and they will help me find their greatest relic.

With this we shall rule the world once the magic is drained from the lands.

55o 7’N 49o 4’E
112o 52’N 133o 22’E
42o 1’N 82o 24’E
69o 47’S 10o 32’E
154o 51’S 18o 59’E

I have calculated with the aid of the stars the major ley line intersections. My children have learnt well and listen well. We shall continue this descent into darkness together.
A Battered Diart
by Ivenor
-------------------------
The Diary of Ivenor

*most of the pages are filled with scribblings and crossed out words and pictures and sketches of demons, savages and succubi*

… we continue to await anyone’s return. They leave and do not return and we hide down here in the dark surrounded by our guardians awaiting death.

Kurtes led us to this with his notion of becoming a god of sorts and we followed him. We never did strike at the heart of the evil and it was never his intention.

He plans to drain the land of magic using the Savages and their cursed idol.

He spends hours on end looking at maps of Trammel and following various paths with his long and spindly fingers. Sharroc is no better.

And now it is just us three left.

Who will crack first?

All of our idealism has led us to what? Three shivering men awaiting what must be some form of execution. No one comes. No one uses the password. We are alone down here in our misery.

All we can pray for is a swift end to this.

We shall not be taken prisoner...
Fynn said these books would be shown to Nathan in hope he understood them better, And with that the evenings mission was complete.

Later I visited the 5 co-ordinates listed in one of the books and could find nothing strange or unusual in any site, I have included a map of where they are.

T

Tane Darkbane

Just a small update,
Arcane circles are present at each location along with a small savage spawn