• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Questioning Ubulud

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the Trinsic Jail a small crowd had gathered to question the orc Ubulud who we had found in the Orc Caves last Thursday.

With Trinsic oddly housing several hundred birds this evening there were a few accidents regarding bird droppings before the questioning began.

Ubulud was brought down from the Cells and the questioning began with Nathan.
Nathan Hawke: You are known as Ublud?
Ubulud: *Nods* I am Ubulud
Nathan Hawke: And you speak common tongue also
Ubulud: Yes, all my more clever brothers do. I believe it was passed down to us...By the creator
*Speaks in reverance*
Alyx Astarsis: why were you imprisoned ?
Ubulud: The other Orcs imprisoned me because I do not share their goal Or their means.
Alyx Astarsis: but why do you not, you are the same from the same place
Ubulud: The other Orcs are ignorant. They believe technology is the key to power. But they are mistaken. You see, Technology is a product of the brain.
Alyx Astarsis: explain further
Ubulud: Us Orcs did not always have a brain clever enough to concieve technology. So rather then believe in the power created by that brain. I believe in the power that created the brain! I do not expect you to really understand this. Afterall, you are only human
Alyx Astarsis: the creator made you therefore you are his product, a tool for him to use
Ubulud: The creator gave us a superior brain. Must not the creator be even more powerful then that what he created?
Alyx Astarsis: and who is the creator
Ubulud: *Looks down*
Nathan Hawke: Easy Alyx
Ubulud: This we do not know. We are searching for the creator. But our superior brains are proof of his existance!
Nathan Hawke: You say "we" as if ...
Ubulud: I am not the only true believer, There are more among the Orc Faction. But they stay quiet....In fear of what may happen, I am living proff of that.
Nathan Hawke: So a cult of orcs, a faction within the orc ranks?
Irvyn: How many of you are there?
Ubulud: There are only a few of us who see the truth. Soon they will see When their technology fails.
Shimmering Blue: Ubulud, do you think your brain made by the creator and the human brains are similar?
Ubulud: Orc brains are far superiour then your puny human brains
Irvyn: You certainly have larger heads.
Ubulud: *Taps his scull*
Shimmering Blue: so you dont think we can be the product of the same creator?
Ubulud: If the Creator created you... it must have been on his day off
Nathan Hawke: *laughs*
Alyx Astarsis: why you....
Shimmering Blue: *chuckles*
Irvyn: Can you tell us anything about the Juka?
Ubulud: The Juka, what do you want to know? They are yet another race inferior to us Orcs
Irvyn: How did the alliance with the orcs occur?
Ubulud: We used our technology to enslave them
Shimmering Blue: hmm - but that technologie wasnt really invented by you
Ubulud: It was
Nathan Hawke: I believe these new orcs did build the machines
Ubulud: It was developed and built by our engeneers
Irvyn: Who trained the engineers?
Shimmering Blue: its a product of your brain, given to you by the creator
Ubulud: You don't understand.... our brains are far superior to yours. Constructing these devices isn't particularly hard.
Alyx Astarsis: do you know how to make the machines ?
Ubulud: I was never interested in technology
Alyx Astarsis: aint so smart then after all
Ubulud: I could have learned if I wanted to *Nods firmly*
Irvyn: What did you choose to learn instead?
Ubulud: I have been and still am in search of the Creator
Alyx Astarsis: are you the leader of the cult
Ubulud: There are too few of us to have a real leader. I was the most vocal member of my group
Sean Llyonadhadd: Does that Creator have a name?
Ubulud: We do not know the identity of the Creator
Flame: how will you recognise the Creator?
Nathan Hawke: Good question *wheels around*
Ubulud: We will know him by his wisdom. And HE will know us
Sandra: *laughs*
Nathan Hawke: Are there any pictures of him?
Ubulud: You humans really ar stupid are you?
Shimmering Blue: what do you think are his intentions - why did he chose to create you?
Ubulud: I do not know...When we find the creator he will tell us.
Nathan Hawke: Alright
Nathan Hawke: DO you know how you were created?
Ubulud: My brothers were born from a machine. That is why they follow the way of technology.
Flame: where is that machine?
Ubulud: The location of that machine is a very closely guarded secret, Only the elders know this.
Alyx Astarsis: where are the elders
Ubulud: I only know the location of one Elder....Big Bob
Nathan Hawke: And he is where?
Ubulud: I told you this already. Last I saw him he threw me out of the Headquarters, The sewers below Britain.
Irvyn: Are the other elders not in the Headquarters?
Ubulud: They may be.
Shimmering Blue: he threw you out for believing in the creator?
Ubulud: Yes, The fool!
Nathan Hawke: Ubulud I need to ask you a very blunt question. Does your cult or faction want to take over the lands and kill us humans?
Ubulud: My group want to find the Creator and follow whatever purpose he has for us.
Alyx Astarsis: who does Big Bob follow ?
Nathan Hawke: He is an elder Alyx he makes the rules
Ubulud: Big Bob and the other elders follow only themselves and technology.
Irvyn: How do Big Bob and the other elders know what to do with the technology?
Ubulud: They develop technology to aid them in reaching their goals. Their main goal is to cleanse the world of ignorant beings.
Alyx Astarsis: including small brained orcs ?
Ubulud: All stupid Orcs will be replaced eventually. For now they are still of us to them.
Flame: do you know anything of the seed pods the orcs were collecting?
Nathan Hawke: Good question Flame
Ubulud: No, I don't know anything about seed pods, There are Orcs who do gardening though.
Alyx Astarsis: ever heard of Mericles, there i said it
Irvyn: *looks over at Alyx*
It had to be asked, sooner or later. *looks to Ubulud*
Ubulud: Mericles? Yes I have heard the stupid Orcs speak of him
Flame: what do the supid orcs say about him?
Ubulud: The stupid orcs tell tales of him
Nathan Hawke: Because the new orcs werent around when Mericles was?
Ubulud: I don't know. He's just a human.... he's of no concern to us.
Shimmering Blue: maybe the creator is human
Ubulud: Highly improbable.
Irvyn: To return to the question Sparrow asked, who writes the orders?
Ubulud: The elders write orders
Ubulud: *Sighs*
Is that about it with all the questions?
Nathan Hawke: I think we should let him rest now
With the questioning over the Trinsic guards took Ubulud back up to his cell.

Duke Ivryn then asked Nathan about the diamond that we left in the Orc Caves on Thursday.

Irvyn: Nathan, I believe Kendra should go and remove the curse diamond now. It has done its work, judging by the report I received yesterday.
Irvyn: *looks to Kendra*
Nathan Hawke: Kendra ?
Kendra: *Nods*

And at that Kendra and Nathan walked out of the city to remove the diamond.

C

cheerful

The questioning went well this evening I thought, re-inforces the notion of having to explore the sewers further but I'm not convinced that the orc elders are working on their own initiative.
Only time will tell.

*excellent report*

K

Kiminality

The weapon is now removed.

Nathan suggested that someone explores the workshop.
A small expedition from Trinsic turned up nothing that seemed terribly out of the ordinary, but perhaps someone with more familiarity with the workshop would notice something that was missed.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"bubhosh mojo goth" gets you into Mericles lab which has now been cleared of the machine parts and of course Orcs.

Nathan suggested that someone explores the workshop.
"buhd mojo guk" gets you into the workshop, which is now clear of Orcs but it seems they have left all the parts behind to make there communication devices, might be good to get them all to the Royal Tinker for inspection. The red sparkles are also still there, but with a for want of a better word blue splodge appearing at the bottom. Perhaps a cross between a password place (red sparkles) and the bottom of a moongate (blue splodge). I cannot recall the blue spldge but it is early, can anyone else?

An active communication crystal is on a desk here too.

There is also a book with complicated formulars in it on a desk which must be taken to the palace as soon as possible.

S

Seasseragh

The one other blue splodge I can recall is the one in the Sewers (remains of a moongate), dating back from when Inu was abducted from Britain to Ilshenar. I´m not sure if that is a answer to your question Flame. It has been part of the red sparkles since day one (hard to see with all the orcs milling about); to me it always looked like the blue was "dripping" from the red sparkles, as it´s going on and off.

Com crystals are part of the propaganda machines so may be nothing to it.

Maybe the red sparkles with blue splodge are an inactive moongate that leads to the New Order Homeland (see Orcish Alchemist talk, a few weeks back) ?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one other blue splodge I can recall is the one in the Sewers (remains of a moongate), dating back from when Inu was abducted from Britain to Ilshenar.
I could not remember if the blue splodge was new in the workshop or whether it was there before, thanks for answering that its old. As you say it is similar to the collapsed moongate in the secret sewer area that was cast to a spot near Blood Dungoen Ishena.

It has been part of the red sparkles since day one (hard to see with all the orcs milling about); to me it always looked like the blue was "dripping" from the red sparkles, as it´s going on and off.
The easy conclusion from the red sparkles and blue slodge is to link that its their way to travel from workshop to headquarters in the sewers. The over cooked idea is that the original collapsed gate was to show it was opened to an impossible area (ishena), and the red sparkles could mean in felluca. So it could lead to a secret area in fel that you cannot gate too. But thats probly as I’v said over cooked. Although has anyone check out fel sewers just in case as we automatically presumed it was in tram.

Com crystals are part of the propaganda machines so may be nothing to it.
I was interested in if they could use a com cystal like a npc as if we were in communication with someone in headquarters. But then again probley over cooked.

Maybe the red sparkles with blue splodge are an inactive moongate that leads to the New Order Homeland (see Orcish Alchemist talk, a few weeks back) ?
Thats an interesting thought.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a very strong line of Ultima 'lore' that orcs were first created by Mondain, but later by both Minax, and Exodus.

I'm still betting on heavy involvement from Exodus, so much machinery, gate travel, mind-control and general technology are kicking around, Ilshenar and the Juka/Meer involvement is there.....

I

Irvyn

Excellent report as always :) And thank you for the screenshot of Nathan traipsing bird poo all over the carpet - I now have evidence to use when the Duke sends him the cleaning bill :D

*nods to Aurelius and others* I've been having the same sort of thoughts about Exodus and possible links.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your Exodus thoughts seem to fit in very well so I took a little look round today. I could not see anything new in the dungon and am not that familiar with the constuction above ground, which seems highly powered up. With the ground floor pulsating power which I cannot remenber, so if anyone has a few moments could you give it a look to see if it is old or new. With these new orcs being made by machine that does indeed seem the obvious place.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have a look around Exodus dungeon, although given my memory I'll have trouble deciding what's old or new - and on that note...

Wandered by Skara huts, and ran across the earlier message regarding Juka reinforcements not being avaialable for the attack (Thanks to Mapper for telling me that's a few weeks old, I'd either never known it or completely forgotten it!), but I did notice that was addressed to Commander Hoshnak - should we have asked some orc prisoners about him and his whereabouts, or has he been accounted for?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that was addressed to Commander Hoshnak -
Another I had forgotten, nice find. Something else that has me confused, Ubulud said it was the normal Orcs that aided Mericles and had heard tales of him, which gives the impression that lines dead and theres no links between Mericles and the new orcs. But the handwriting in the books writen by the new Orcs have simalar charectaristics to Mericles handwriting, hence why we were having the handwriting investigated. Is there a connection or not?

I also thought these new Orcs were grown from the seed pods but Ubulud said they were created in a machine.