• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Planting the Cursed Diamond in the Orc Caves (Thursday 21st)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After Queen Dawn had finished her announcements I headed over to the Counselor's Hall for the mission tonight.

Nathan arrived and started the meeting, Tonight we were to leave the cursed diamond Trinsic found in the Orc Caves in an attempt to fight back.

Nathan asked Kendra from Trinsic to explain what the diamond does.

Kendra: "The box itself isn't the important part. Inside it, is a cursed diamond, with a necromatic curse of some power. What the box does, is limits its affect, so as not to be completely bad.

Rather than affecting a wide area, it will be a smaller area, within the caves."

Sean Llyonadhadd: "What means 'Not completely bad' ?"

Kendra: "It means that it won't devestate the surrounding area, Only within the caves and the effect will be more a sickening."

The Black Cobra: "We're going to deliberately bring pain and suffering to the orcs?"

Nathan Hawke: "Yes are are."

Nathan said we were going to leave it there overnight. Some members of the crowd argued it was unsafe to be left unprotected, Others were concerned about torturing the orcs.

Nathan raised his voice and said no Orcs will be tortured and that this diamond had to be left there as a matter of necessity before the Orcs harm the humans any further.

Nathan brought the arguments to an end and opened a gate to the Orc Caves.

Inside the Orc Caves a mass of orcs were waiting, I managed to sneak by them with my Orc Mask whilst others who didn't have a mask began killing them.

Inside the Orc Caves a prisoner was found! Oddly.. It was an Orc named Ubulud.

After talking to him he said a few things:

"Other Orcs put me here"

"Me, I am not like the others"

"No I see you humans kill other orcs"

"Why are you here to kill Orcs?"

"I am against ignorance"

"But the other orcs.. They think technogoly is the way"

"They put me in prison, Cause I am the only one who knows the real thruth!"

"But the others do not see, The key to real power is not through mechanical devices"

"They worship their technicians"

"You are humans! Humans don't even understand technogoly"

Nathan Hawke finally arrived and suggested we move him out of the Caves. Duke Ivyrn suggested the Trinsic Jail.

Some Trinsic guards took Ubulud to the jails whilst the others and Nathan left for Mericles old cave.

Saying the password 'Bubhosh mojo goth' we arrived to a waiting crowd. Nathan told them they were taking a captive orc to the Trinsic Jails and it won't be harmed.

Nathan then opened a moongate to Trinsic for us to question the Orc further.

In the prison Ubulud said a few further things:

"I am just smarter than they are"

"That is why Big Bob kicked me out"

"Yes, Big Bob kicked me out and had me put in jail!"

"Cause I am the only one who believes the real truth!"

"They don't see... Orcs were not always smart. But now there are smart Orcs. But... How did they get these brains?"

"Big Bob kicked me out of the headquarters. The Orc Stronghole underneath Britain."

The crowd in the cell gasped as he said the location of the Orc HQ.. Under Britain!

-----------------

At this point people split up, I decided to check the Britain Sewers and then the lower Sewer by using the password 'charvory' at the sign.

In the lower sewer there were alot of Orcs so it is possible this is maybe the HQ of the Orcs - I was able to cross the broken bridge into the cavern below but there were only Crystal Elementals in there and the remains of a broken moongate.

After searching the lower sewers I went back to the old Mericles cave and said another password to gain access to the Alchemist Orc Workshop. Having been there before I knew something was different.. It was full of orcs!

I spoke to the alchemist and it mentioned something about a Black Clan of Orcs however I couldn't get any further than this.

A

Angel121

Thankyou again for the edited version of this report, It clear's up the storyline a bit for me and i can catch up with what I missed.

in fact you make the report seem like everything was a rather jolly trip than the incident that happened :p

Escaflowne will love this comment,

The people of Vesper showed more respect for Dawn and Britain than it's residents :p

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in fact you make the report seem like everything was a rather jolly trip than the incident that happened :p
Heh.. Was a right pain to report on this event too! You guys argue too much.. :D

A

Angel121

We don't Argue to much! And I'll defend that point in a debate till the end of time!

Oh..

Darn..

K

Kiminality

There were actually two parts to the event, kind of.
While one group were dealing with the orc that was taken prisoner, the "weapon" (I love that term - it sounds almost innocent) was planted by a group that didn't hang around at the entrance. I followed the group, assuming they were following Nathan, which they weren't, so I think we confused the matter a little.
The best laid plans of mice and EMs...
I don't have screenshots of the event itself, but I should be able to write a little about what went on, a little later.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye - thanks a lot for the Report - though i was there lurking i wasnt really
able to follow all the stories going on - so now things for me are clearing
up as well - cheers ;)

I was at the other cave where the cristal was placed so didnt knew where
the orc prisoner came from e.g.

Edit: I have screenshots and the journal from the placing at home if needed.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have screenshots of the event itself, but I should be able to write a little about what went on, a little later.
Looking forward to reading it. Not the cleanest of events but I enjoyed it. :mf_prop:

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed the event as well - and since not only RPers were attending i think
some 'ooc'-behaviour can be expected and also is part of the deal in my eyes.
All in all it was not to bad i think - and the EMs handled it very well.

In case you refer to some RPers behaviour i cant say anything about that, i
wouldn't even be able to tell who was ic or ooc from the comments given at
times :D - but then - i am a RP-N00b anyway - well - at least outdated ;)

I

Irvyn

Thanks again for your great report Mapper :) I was lagging a bit, so never saw any of the box planting but then had the advantage of finding Ubulud and talking to him - thanks Tane Darkbane for doing most of that work :thumbup1:

I have great admiration for our EMs being able to cope with the total confusion that reigns sometimes, not only the mix of IC/OOC/half way between but just keeping that number of people more or less on track and together *grins*

A

Angel121

I enjoyed the event as well - and since not only RPers were attending i think
some 'ooc'-behaviour can be expected and also is part of the deal in my eyes.
All in all it was not to bad i think - and the EMs handled it very well.

In case you refer to some RPers behaviour i cant say anything about that, i
wouldn't even be able to tell who was ic or ooc from the comments given at
times :D - but then - i am a RP-N00b anyway - well - at least outdated ;)
Nah the RPr's where fine,

The "I'll take your momma", "Let's Kill Babies", "LOL! 18 MINUTES AND NO LOOT WTF!!" and finally the complete taking the **** of the EM trying to play as the Orc..

I for one don't like the idea of killing babies, the idea of it's only fun with loot, capital letter's making internet hero's and taking the mickey out of our hard working EM's... Sorry But I don't find that fun.

I couldn't take it in the end, since I can't switch that off when looking on screen. People say "Just ignore them, there is the option too" but then I'd only see 1/4 of the people on screen participating :p

The Idea of the Event was fun as was the whole lead up to it, but clearly no one except the RP'rs read the pre-amble on this and kinda ruined the Idea of the event -
Sneak in and place the "Weapon" with the added twist of "Ooo a prisoner who is against the plan" thrown in..
Instead we got people dropping EV's and mashing the nearest target's the one group was split into 2-3 groups with a lot just running around and some irrelevant swearing going on...

K

Kiminality

Crest: I'll write a summary here of what happened. If you have any interesting or appropriate screenshots to add, you can crop them down and attach them to a reply here :)
Same for everyone, really. If you've got any screenshots, or anything interesting to add, doing keep it to yourselves ;)

Before the second group discovered the orc prisoner, the first group carved a path through the cave, to the mines.
Once there, there was a lot of confused standing around. People looked to Kendra for direction, and in turn she looked to the Nathan-less cavern for Nathan.
Eventually, word passed through about the secret cave, aforementioned, and the group filtered through.
Once there, Nathan helped Kendra into the storage area, where the weapon would be deployed, and Kendra set about it.

*Sets down the box*
*Takes a much smaller box out of a pouch*
*Crouches down, and takes the gem from the smaller box, and places it in the larger*
*Lets out a breath*
*Closes the lid and secures it*
It's done

At which point, we return to the original report, at the part where the second group head to the secret cave.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the picture with everybody in the Trinsic cells. Is that Iljian in the background holding his head in dispair. Would have loved to have been their as Sparkle to wind him up over it :)
:stir:

S

Serine

After Natan made the gate to trinsic it took him long time to go through the gate . And he seemed very unwilling to take of his orc mask . He also seemed very weak when we where speaking to him outside trinsic. defently something odd about him ...

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What we have to remember always is that everyone who plays is entitled to attend everthing within the game.

It follows from this that it will include young players and players with the mentality of very young players. It was always thus.

Just like R/L there will be rude players, bored players, scammers, would be scammers, scripters and other unfortunates.

But that is just the negative side.

On the positive side I have found that the vast majority of players to be friendly, generous and worth knowing. So, again just like R/L, tis best to pity the minority and enjoy the company of the rest.

A

Angel121

What we have to remember always is that everyone who plays is entitled to attend everthing within the game.

It follows from this that it will include young players and players with the mentality of very young players. It was always thus.

Just like R/L there will be rude players, bored players, scammers, would be scammers, scripters and other unfortunates.

But that is just the negative side.

On the positive side I have found that the vast majority of players to be friendly, generous and worth knowing. So, again just like R/L, tis best to pity the minority and enjoy the company of the rest.
I tried my best, but I think it irked me that after weeks of wonderful following of this story I had a night buggered up cos I got more and more annoyed at the fact that a number of people where running about and had no idea what they where there for beyond the hope of phat lewtz. Also talking about the killing of babies royally pissed me off... I don't care that it was directed at the unseen NPC mobs babies in a digital world, you just do not go there.

T

Tane Darkbane

I wonder if there where orcs present wearing human masks?

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cobra left in disgust when it became clear Ethan wanted to poison the young and the infirm orcs.

Voran turned up and eagerly anticipated the slaughter and bloodshed. But no-one would let him torture the prisoner!

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the EMs must provide events for all and there are those that enjoy the bashing and gathering of items, and have no interest in RP or story. The previouse event of plagues on Trinsic provided the muscle group as I call them a chance to enjoy themselves. But the knock on effect will be that once the events have got there attention they would came and check on the next event. Both the EMs did a great job last night and the storys once again rolling. I know on top of everything Nathan was also lossing connection as well. Thanks for the great write up it helps alot.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading through this thread and the other, I must confess I am a bit surprised over the reaction to what took place in the Councellors Hall. It might be however that what you all are refering to is something that took place afterwards, I wasn`t there then.

What I saw at the hall was that a supposedly OOC crowd reacted very much IC to the whole ordeal, and what some players saw as pointless arguing, was deeply rooted not only in their own characters but also as a succession to previous story events. Of course there were ooc comments, but most behaved according to their own characters beliefs. I think that is great.

I must confess I am scratching my head here. Were we at the same event? I found both the arguing over what to do with Casca`s body in the Castle, and the debate in the Hall after very enjoyable. So much that I was thinking of the EMs and their hard task of dealing not only with the outspoken rp - community of Europa, but even the mix of players with very different playstyles being IC as well !

I think it would sadden me if they didn`t see that as an opportunity, instead of a hurdle.