• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Pirates Defeated With Royal Guard Battle Rowboats

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Outside Clegg's office in Serpent's Hold a collection of regular guardsmen, along with a few loud mouth drunks, awaited for Mr Clegg himself.

A short de-brief of shorts on previous activities took place outside, a book with pirates names was found and Clegg rattled off each name to check on their status.. "Dead".. "He was killed". All going well until a George Darkblade.

On Clegg's boat Aron took the wheel as he steered us towards a possible location for George Darkblade.

A large dark boat approached in the distance filled with pirates!

Having finally defeated it the job wasn't over as several more pirate boats were littered near an inlet at Fire Island. At this point Trinsic's Royal Vessel helped with the battle.

On the final pirate ship it was clear Clegg wasn't going to get his Royal Vessel in the inlet, So people went in small groups on row boats. It was a bit like a log flume ride, waiting for an empty log boat to come along before a group of you hop on. :p

In the inlet another dark black pirate ship stood await.

Once it had been defeated an even smaller inlet.. within the inlet was visible! This one required quite a bit of jumping, But finally the Guard progressed through.

What awaited was just astonishing, An enormous ship, that must have been there for years was trapped within the small lake, assuringly stuck when the Volcano appeared many years ago.

On this large boat George Darkblade was finally spotted!

A long battle progressed, Once it had finished several clues on the ship were found:

[11/06/17][21:00:25]
A Journal
by George Darkblade

I finally found it! The ship my old friend One-Eyed Pete told me about all those years ago: The Awful Eel belonging to Captain Wally Swiftknife!

Captain Wally Swiftknife and One-Eyed Pete were friends. Together they'd stolen a large amount of gold. They hid it, to share at a later time. But Captain Wally
Swiftknife and his ship disappeared at sea and were never heard from again. A few months later One-Eyed Pete was killed in a skirmish with the Royal Guard. And so the gold remained hidden...

I have been searching for this hidden treasure ever since. And finally I am getting close! I found Captain Wally Swiftknife's ship in a secluded bay at the Volcano. It is severely damaged though and looks like it has been submerged for a long time. Maybe it sank and got raised by a recent earthquake. On the ship I found a couple of pages of Captain Wally Swiftknife's Log.

The treasure is mentioned but not where it's hidden. There must be a clue somewhere on the ship though! I will keep searching until I've found it.

There is one other item on the ship that intrigues me. A locked box with some kind of magical protection. Despite numerous attempts I've been unable to pick the lock or damage the box. I wonder what's inside...

My men finally found William the Fence. Nobody knows how to break in to strange boxes better than him. Hopefully he'll be able to open it soon.
[11/06/17][21:00:31]
A Waterlogged Page
by Cap'n Wally Swiftknife

Life is good when the plunder is easy! And it IS easy now Pete is working for the King. We know every move the Royal Navy makes now. So we can easily avoid them.

We ran in to small fleet of merchant-ships heading for Trinsic. We took their cargo and sank their ships! They carried only wine and cloth... The wine is quite good!
Pete wasn't lying! What a haul!

The artisans were so scared they could barely speak to protest. We took the piece of art, like candy from a baby! Only better, cause this candy is made of solid gold!

We broke the piece in to smaller bits. Later Pete and I will melt down the gold and sell it! For now it is safely hidden away in a place only I know.

Cap'n Wally Swiftknife
Our ship was attacked by a Daemon from the Ocean! Most of the crew is already dead. Just a few of us remain...

The monster is still circling the ship. We are hiding in the hold now. We can't leave, if make but the slightest of movement or sound the monster will attack again!

I never thought I'd say this but... May the virtues help us!

Cap'n Wally Swiftknife
It all seemed over for a short while until the waters began to ripple, suddenly a Scalis from the deep appeared as people keeled over in shock! (So much so I forgot to take a screenshot and had to leave, However I hear it went on for a looooong time!)

I heard over the event chat that shirts were found on the corpses.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ye, good event. Tho the Scalis at the end its dead had no result on the opening of the box. So what was it guarding ?

And took over 2 hours to kill it, but I guess thats what happens when its a friday and few people attending it lasted that long.

And the 6th pair of the famous Pirates boots was also dropped.

30 shirts was dropped and Im looking for one :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iam after a shirt too.....was a great event....alas i had to leave at the end du to real work friday nigh...we had been battling the end boss 45 minutes and the health bar had not even moved!!!!! would love a shirt as a memento for the 'public' museum opening this coming week .....will pay well for the shirt....i actually did clicked on one on a corpse then it was gone.......''nooooooooooo'' i shouted in disbelief!!!!

plz pm me..icq me ..or talk o here if u have a spare for sale....

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curse you Mapper, aren't you supposed to be retired?! I was just writing a report for the event myself! I shall cut mine short then!

But... This was actually an event I suggested, shortly after High Seas was finally released, back in August last year; to give you the context, it's in some ways a replay of the events of Ultima IV. The scene below should now seem familiar ;) As you can see; we've come a long way visually from then, even in the Enhanced Client would you believe?! :p

Ultima IV plot context for this battle can be read here. Beware if you've not played this classic Ultima that it links to a walkthrough for the game.

So needless to say, I had a lot of fun with this updating of history. Especially when I had advanced warning it was coming, as the EMs reused the ships from the previous event, and I noticed they were still listed under his name rather than "Unknown" on the rune, which meant they were still on the map somewhere... I kept checking in every day, and then died 30 minutes before the event itself when I recalled to the blockading ship again and found myself surrounded by pirates! In the end, I had to navigate around the front ships whilst keep casting invisibility, then line up with the sides just off screen, sail in whilst invisible, click the rope to transfer ship whilst hidden, then loot my corpse, then recall quickly off again to save all the ship runes I'd forgotten to insure :p

In the end, the only rune we used was a spare for my own Ork ship (It's actually mine not the EMs, "The Red Wunz Go Fastah") which was parked near the event; I was loathe to ruin it for anyone else, so I didn't mention it until the event had started. The commentary about my fisher locating them was just for roleplay; Rheanna I believe it was also mentioned she'd seen them earlier, and Irvyn was it (?? I forgot to switch text logging on, sorry) had only just escaped from the bay near the volcano with his life... I do not know if she had the same mechanism for locating the event as I had, or if she had genuinely accidentally discovered it.

Regarding the event itself, it began in Serpents Hold, After much discussion, we worked out that the author of the book from the previous event, George Darkblade, was the only pirate we hadn't killed.

Here's the screen shots I took, working our way into the cove, and the final Osireadon battle; Notice me howling with pain as I discover the Heavy Fire Shot cannon ball reward from the Pirate Quest isn't even any use against the big lummox! (You can see a normal shot then hit for 1040)

I have no idea how many shirts dropped before this point, as they seem to be randomly spread on the Pirates; I was on my ship steering, and ressurecting people so I didn't loot any myself.

The final Pirate Darkblade did not, I think, have any special loot. I got a box, which started a quest once opened to take the missing items back to an NPC in Jhelom, which I was excited about until told it's just a normal loot drop from the renamed mob it belonged too!

No, the pink box on the Britannia Ship (which was listed as owned by Messanna not Emile, interestingly...) did not open at the end; we did manage to add a lot more items to it whilst waiting for it to do so though! And however Osireadon did die! EM Emile stayed until the end, around 10:45 pm GMT to see what happened, and give us help with moving the boats around to try and pin him somewhere safe... sadly a combination of his twitchy A.I. and people not pulling him back when they got aggro meant he spent most of his time hiding in bays and behind rowing boats where hardly anyone could touch him.

After much shuffling about of rowboats, and someone having the sense to repair the EM's own Gargoyle ship and move it (I wonder who that was?) we managed to make more space and I teleported my ork ship in again. After this, it got much easier, as I went and got all my ammunition and started loading all my cannon, so everyone could constantly fire to bring him down. Towards the end people gave up even on that, and no wonder as hitting Osireadon has to be impossibly precise; notice the shot above; one space either to the left or the right and you miss him, grrr...

Also cannon fire has an enormous range of damage to him. Using Heavy Cannonball, I hit him around 12 times I think, for between 640 and 1500 hit points a blow; I'm not entirely convinced then that the Ork ship gets the damage bonus against Osireadon, as that's within the ranges of normal cannon.

However I was determined to see him die, so I remained firing, firing, firing to the very last! And the EM kindly started constantly teleporting him back between the two ships, as we discovered even blocking him in with row boats wouldn't keep him there.

When he went down, there was at least 2 more Shirts on the corpse; I got one. And Trofle (Sp?) claimed he got the Small Soulforge, damn his breeches!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curse you Mapper, aren't you supposed to be retired?! I was just writing a report for the event myself! I shall cut mine short then!
Oh no need in future, I love reading other players views. And yes, I am mid retirement. But this event was so fun I couldn't resist. :p

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have no idea how many shirts dropped before this point, as they seem to be randomly spread on the Pirates; I was on my ship steering, and ressurecting people so I didn't loot any myself.

The final Pirate Darkblade did not, I think, have any special loot.

30 shirts and a pair of boots dropped

nice report tho

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
30 shirts and a pair of boots dropped

nice report tho
Ahh, I didn't hear anyone declare boots amongst the chaos... any ideas who got them? And are those 30 shirts including those on Osireadon? I notice he was a Guardian too but as someone else said, not one that released the chest apparently.

My own shirt from him I shall keep as a memento; it's locked down in my little mini-rares museum now!

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ahh, I didn't hear anyone declare boots amongst the chaos... any ideas who got them? And are those 30 shirts including those on Osireadon? I notice he was a Guardian too but as someone else said, not one that released the chest apparently.

My own shirt from him I shall keep as a memento; it's locked down in my little mini-rares museum now!
a friend of a friend got the boots, the 30 shirts was what Emile told in chat. So i guess thats total yes

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont think the boots dropped..was under the impression that was what the lockbox was for????? definate didn see the captain we were looking for???piccy plz of the new boots???

T

Tane Darkbane

Yeh boots dropped - one of my guildies in ELV (Falken?) got them - I'll try and get a screen shot

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeh boots dropped - one of my guildies in ELV (Falken?) got them - I'll try and get a screen shot
Yeah the boots dropped and an ELV got them but it's not me (I am Falken). He's not willing to sell them at any price though so please stop asking me to ask him :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonder what the mysterious event lock box was going to be for then??? guess we will never know??

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who said the event was over? ;)

Colonel Clegg said he will call Lord British's locksmith to try to unlock the box. Also the book on the boat said the pirates were looking for William The Fence for the same reason. I guess we just have to wait...

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonder what the mysterious event lock box was going to be for then??? guess we will never know??
Last I heard the box was to be visited and opened by the Royal Locksmith so this event still ongoing probably.

I have a rune to the ship so I can visit.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I heard the box was to be visited and opened by the Royal Locksmith so this event still ongoing probably.

I have a rune to the ship so I can visit.
Just noticed my own runes remain valid too... and popping back to the Britannia Ship, one of the EMs has removed all the items bar one again; so I assume yes, we have still to unlock the chest!