• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Nathan Creepy Story Part 1; Dorian Returns and Royal Guard Bless Gravestone

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight the Royal Guard were called to the Counsellor's Hall in Britain to hear a creep story from Nathan Hawke. A large audience awaited for Nathan and his story.

Nathan arrived at 8oclock and began part one of the story.

Nathan Hawke: This is I swear a true story and one that to this day chills me to the bone.

I was not long in the secret service when I was asked to investigate a number of disappearances in the area around Minoc in Felucca. Those who had gone missing were not unusual nor had they any enemies nor were there any bodies, suicide notes, ransom notes or death threats. These were just people who had vanished almost in the middle of what they were doing and without any particular cause or reason.

One dark night I found myself in the middle of a storm far from my lodgings and spying a dilapidated house just a little back from the road, I decided to make camp there for the night. As I approached the front door my instincts seemed to tell me the house was occupied so I knocked on the door instead of just letting myself in. There was no reply and so I entered cautiously and made my way into a meager and run down main room which had very little in it other than a few books of great antiquity. Books from way before my time, possibly a hundred years or more before I was born.

There was one book which caught my eye, an ancient tome bound in leather with great iron clasps holding it shut. It was an old book about the cannibal Antirez and as I picked it up it fell open almost by itself to one page. On that page was an old wood-cut print of a butcher's shop which represented in great detail the work of the cannibal butcher Antirez in his shop. The plate disturbed me, especially in connection with some adjacent passages descriptive of cannibal gastronomy.

Thats cooking for the uneducated. It was at this point that I heard from the room overhead the heavy tread of footsteps..

Leo Madsen: *Stomps on the floor for effect*

Nathan Hawke: *stomp stomp stomp* Nice sound effects

Leo Madsen: Thanks.

Nathan Hawke: You will go far....and I waited in the half-dark for the house's occupant. The footsteps made their way down the stairs and the door handle slowly turned...

The Alarm Bells: You hear the Alarm Bells ringing from Vesper

Just as Nathan was about to find out who stood behind the door, Alarm bells rung out from Vesper! Nathan opened a gate to the Graveyard just near Vesper.

Gravestones began oozing with blood as a group of rotting corpses wondered the graveyard.

When the rotting corpses had been slain an unknown spirit was seen floating inbetween the graves.

An Unknown Spirit: "Bloodied graves... They are cursed! These spirits are restless. Curses make the dead restless. Please help these souls, Lift the curse from their graves."

Nathan Hawke: "I'm thinking perhaps of.. Dorian?"
Nathan began to chant Dorians name, The guard joined in... DORIAN!

Everyones eyes span from Nathan to the Unknown Spirit as the spirit said..'You know my name?'.

The guard let Dorian, The unknown spirit, Step forward.

Dorian: "These dead need your blessings. Your blessings will lift the curse and let the spirits return to their rest. Please, bless these bloodied graves."
After some thought, Mages began to cast bless on the blood oozing gravestones.

Suddenly a gate opened, The guard entered.

Through the gate, The room where Mericles' corpse once lay. Inside, The room was filled with risen mummy guardians.

Once they had been killed another moongate appeared.

Through the second moongate a maze of caverns and tunnels. Bloodsucking Bats filled the first cavern.

Through the next room, What can only be described as the Smoke Monster from Lost, Only Green, Awaited.. The Essence of Death... Guardian!

The Essences of Death were very hard to kill, However didn't do too much damage back, So deaths were quite low.

In the final cavern Nathan Hawke asked Leo Madsen, Of Yew, to blow the place up. With half a finished course under his belt, He began to plant the bomb in an Altar.

At this point the room blows up and Nathan then opened a gate back to the Counsellor's Hall, The guards work was done!

Back at the Counsellor's Hall, Nathan Hawke asked us to meet tomorrow (Thursday 4th November at 8:15pm GMT, 9:15pm Central European Time, 4:15pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York) for the final part of his creepy story.

10 Red Halloween Masks were given out, Like the one Aron above is wearing, Congrats those who received one.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Report] Nathan Creepy Story Part 1; Dorian Returns and Royal Guard Bless Gravest

Slight correction to the story, there was an explosion at the end, but it was over quickly, and didn't fill the screen, maybe only 3-4 explosion graphics wide... I think Emile was listening to my anguished cries about forthcoming Enhanced Client death!

There were at least 3 masks recovered, as I saw them being worn in the final meeting, but I don't know if all 10 were found, which Emile stated were available. Emile also confirmed they were not just on the Grizzles, which is where I found mine; It was a random chance to be on the corpse on each kill if you got looting rights as usual.

As a personal aside, I was a little disappointed with how seriously people took the event, especially when the first drop came to me, because of the complaints about favouritism again at the end. It's been a very hard few weeks in real life for me, including a colleague dying at the weekend, so emotionally and attention wise I really wasn't here for this event, hence the idle joking at the start. Whilst I was mildly glad the random number generator favoured me, the only reason people knew I got one was because I was trying to help you all still... I tried to explain to check the corpses, and at the end put it on so you could see it. Mine will not be cross sharded, and will be on public display at my house. But in doing so I drew attention to myself, and by being there physically often enough to get the opportunities I attracted a lot of opprobrium which just makes the game exceptionally unpleasant at times. Later on, I discovered someone has also emptied the Fishing Co-Op of almost all the fish... Europa has, over all, a really good community, but some of you it seems have got a hell of a lot to learn about what really matters in life, and it's not valuing digital items so much that they drive you to trample on the other people behind the screen. Real friends, true connections will follow you from game to game, but when your account lapses, or the servers go off for the final time, all these items will vanish. You'll just have the memories. And what use are memories of bitterness and greed and paranoia? I certainly don't need them, and I wish some of you wouldn't keep indulging in them.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Report] Nathan Creepy Story Part 1; Dorian Returns and Royal Guard Bless Gravest

Thanks for that Adol, *kicks EC client* Show me the explosion next time! :p, Corrected that.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Slight correction to the story, there was an explosion at the end, but it was over quickly, and didn't fill the screen, maybe only 3-4 explosion graphics wide... I think Emile was listening to my anguished cries about forthcoming Enhanced Client death!

There were at least 3 masks recovered, as I saw them being worn in the final meeting, but I don't know if all 10 were found, which Emile stated were available. Emile also confirmed they were not just on the Grizzles, which is where I found mine; It was a random chance to be on the corpse on each kill if you got looting rights as usual.

As a personal aside, I was a little disappointed with how seriously people took the event, especially when the first drop came to me, because of the complaints about favouritism again at the end. It's been a very hard few weeks in real life for me, including a colleague dying at the weekend, so emotionally and attention wise I really wasn't here for this event, hence the idle joking at the start. Whilst I was mildly glad the random number generator favoured me, the only reason people knew I got one was because I was trying to help you all still... I tried to explain to check the corpses, and at the end put it on so you could see it. Mine will not be cross sharded, and will be on public display at my house. But in doing so I drew attention to myself, and by being there physically often enough to get the opportunities I attracted a lot of opprobrium which just makes the game exceptionally unpleasant at times. Later on, I discovered someone has also emptied the Fishing Co-Op of almost all the fish... Europa has, over all, a really good community, but some of you it seems have got a hell of a lot to learn about what really matters in life, and it's not valuing digital items so much that they drive you to trample on the other people behind the screen. Real friends, true connections will follow you from game to game, but when your account lapses, or the servers go off for the final time, all these items will vanish. You'll just have the memories. And what use are memories of bitterness and greed and paranoia? I certainly don't need them, and I wish some of you wouldn't keep indulging in them.
Great Post - couldnt agree more.

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice report Mapper.

And as always - classic screens from me.