• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Iljian Wins 2010 Quiz of the Year; Royal Spy Ranking System Announced

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The End of Year Quiz began on time from the Counsellor's Hall, The contestants gated to a spiralling cavern full of objects from previous events.

Q1: For one point who wore this cloak for some time despite a certain amount of ridicule?

A1: Nathan Hawke - Iljian was the first to answer with his full name giving him one point.
Q2: For three points where was this abandoned for a number of months?

A2: Near Vesper - I was the first to answer this, giving myself 3 points.
Q3: For five points where was this cloak first worn?

A3: Trinsic - Heimlich being the first to yell this answer, Giving him 5 points and to be in the lead!
Q4: For three points where could this item have been seen during 2010?

A4: Drow Mine - With Iljian winning another 3 points!
Q5: For one point what city was this item handed out in to revellers at Avery’s leaving party?

A5: Britain - Heimlich answered VERY fast and gained another point!
Q6: For two points where did Avery say he was going?

A6: I said 'Seas', I suspect the full answer was 'High Seas' however I gained another 2 points.
Q7: For three points what was being grown in these seed pods?

A7: Mericles new order orcs - Giving Mearn 3 points!
Q8: For two points where was this sword left by persons unknown?

A8: Twin Oaks Tavern in Ilshenar - Said by Traveler after a lot of false guesses, Giving him 2 points!
Q9: For three points who was allegedly killed with this blade?

A9: Timpe - Said by Heimlich, Giving him another 3 points!
Q10: For three points what relation was Timpe to the late King Casca?

A10: Cousin - After plenty of guessing, Hex correctly said the answer giving him 3 points.
Q11: For two points what does Sreen Ser Doeb roughly translate to in English?

A11: Danger Keep Out - I managed to say 'Keep Out', However by the time I worked out the first word, Nimuaq had said the full answer so the points were split between us.
Q12: For three points where was this warning left during the Blackrock Mines story arc?

A12: On Bald Island, In the Mine. - Said by myself, Giving me another 3 points.
Q13: For two points: Who were the original brewers of the Serpentwyne?

A13: Brotherhood of the Rose - Said by Iljian and Heimlich almost instantly, So the points were split between them.
Q14: For one point who wore this robe whilst living in Trinsic for some time?

A14: Father Grant - I'm surprised I got this one as I was clumsy on the keyboard, However I managed to say it first getting another point.
Q15: For two points where was Dorat the Royal Commander tried for his crimes against the people?

A15: Trinsic - Iljian, The watchman from Trinsic, Correctly guessed this one. He'll be able to keep his job now. *wink*
Q16: For one point: Where was this statue seen?

A16: Under Yew Empath Abbey - Said very quickly by Iljian again gaining another point!
Q17: For two points: What was this communications device used for?

A17: Propaganda device of the new order - Once again Iljian won this question gaining another 2 points.
Q18: For two points: Which creature was slain the day we gave out this item?

A18: Crimson Dragon - Correctly answered by Hex! Giving him another 2 points.
Q19: For 3 points: What kind of machine were these parts recovered from?

A19: Mind Control Machine - Nimuaq correctly answered this one getting anotoer 3 points!
Q20: For one point: What was the name of the Dragon who dropped this item?

A20: Fardorim - I managed to guess this one getting another point.
Q21: For two points where was Mericles originally trapped by the construction of a “false” BlackGate?

A21: Magincia - Answered by.... Iljian! Gaining another 2 points.
Q22: For one point what is the name of his daughter?

A22: Hannah - Said first by myself for another point!
Q23: For five points where did Hannah and Dorian get married before Dorian died?

A23: Trinsic Healer - The man who pronounced Dorian dead after the service, Mr Iljian guessed this correctly, Gaining another 5 points!
Q24: For one point: Where was this monster seen?

A24: Inside Dawns Dreams - Said first by myself for another point.
Q25: For two points: What was the name of the miner who as rescued?

A25: Brannan - Said by Nimuaq for another 2 points!
Q26: For one point what type of bird lived underground in holes such as these?

A26: Hooby Jooby - As said first by Hex gaining another point!
Q27: For two points exactly where were the Hooby Jooby birds taken for safety after capture?

A27: Moonglow Zoo - Sir Z was right in with this answer, Gaining himself 2 points.
-----------------------------------------------​

With all the questions complete we were gated into the Star Room for the final results....

1st - Iljian
2nd - Egan (myself)
3rd - Heimlich
4th - Nimuaq
5th - Hex
6th - Mearn
7th - Traveler
8th - Sir Z

Well done to Iljian and all the other winners, With myself, Heimlich and Nimuaq with houses in Zento it seems that's where the knowledge lives. *Grin*

-----------------------------------------------​

After the award ceremony everyone received Mesanna's Cream Pie.

The EMs also mentioned a Royal Spy Ranking System for 2011, More details will be released at a later date regarding how to take part.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the part of the Royal Spy Ranking system as described by the EMs: It has been first said that the player written reports will be evaluated and players will be ranked according to these. Then its been said that this will include the events and how well players follow the events too. And finally, a sash is mentioned which will be awarded to those who are ranked high according to these standards.

First, the Ems said that the reports will be posted to Stratics forums. When it has been pointed out that most of the RP guild forums are in uoforums, they said they "cannot comment on uoforums". That forum, too, is an official fansite and has Ask the Devs section which is acknowledged by the Devs, so I can not find a reason why it can not be commented on. I read both of these forums and quite happy to see different player opinions on each of them. I'm sure there are more sites that Europa players follow too. Anyways,.. Aron suggested that rather than the limitation of a single (or multiple) forum on the net, the reports can be written in the game using books.

First of all, I hope they meant RP oriented reports from the Royal Guard members for Nathan, Fynn or Queen Dawn. In Stratics, we all follow well-written reports of Mapper (also SirZ, Odin, Aron..) here or the website Europa History. I dont know what can be achieved by having 10s of different reports of a single event. But if they meant reports like "Orcs are seen in Skara, we followed them to...", then it might add some real quality to the events.

Most devoted event followers lose event items to players who neither play on Europa nor have any slight interest on what the events are about. Awarding these players with a special sash would be a good gesture, but I also believe events should not be confused as competitons.

I hope these sashes and ranks are awarded to those who are known to all of us by their efforts and ideas that enrich the events. A good recent example is Fangra Bloodvein, who come up with the idea of giving Antonio false information to see if he leaks it to his superiors. I already mentioned the efforts of Mapper, Odin and SirZ, whether for reporting events or following the story lines. I just wanted to share my concerns. Thank you if you've read this far.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great report mapper, I unfortunatly had to leave half way through. Well done to the winner Iljain and all fellow competiors.

Nimuaq I agree with your points, I am glad that the point scores and eventual winner were all all fellow Europa players *tips hat*

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the detailed report Mapper. Unfortunately I missed this event, and I´m very happy to see what all the quiz questions were. :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for a good comprehensive report. I was at the event but missed half of it due to current ISP problems. I lost con 5 times so was often lagging behind. Congrats to all winners and at least I was still ingame to get my cream pie.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the reports, I was trying to tactfully point out that some people may be banned on, or have moral/personal reasons for not using a particular board. I don't expect the majority of players would, but to be fair, any gameplay mechanic needs to be fully operational within the game alone, and not also require participation outside of it. A red-leafed book report (so the author can't be changed) dropped at the EMs house should also be an acceptable way to take part...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a spy ranking system will be great for the bums that dont work...[end]

unfortuante i started back to work sunday and missed the first event of 2011 so if ems keep picking prime time work hours like friday/sat/sunday evenings then i cant possibly enjoy this new bloody spy ranking.... shame

why not pic week days like tues wed thurs evenings so peeps can play and leave there weekends to the family???

K

Kiminality

why not pic week days like tues wed thurs evenings so peeps can play and leave there weekends to the family???
Because... More people work weekdays than weekends?

I dunno... I guess they could be picking event times just to keep you from attending...
The more you complain about the EMs, the more tempting it must seem :D

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a spy ranking system will be great for the bums that dont work...[end]

unfortuante i started back to work sunday and missed the first event of 2011 so if ems keep picking prime time work hours like friday/sat/sunday evenings then i cant possibly enjoy this new bloody spy ranking.... shame

I suspect this is what they are intending to do; they've been setting up small events that we can discover for some time before the main one, like leaving boxes of code about for instance... only instead of having to reset the main one because naughty people *ahem ahem* break into it early, having it as official spying allows everyone to get involved over the week. Quite a clever response really.

They just need to allow it to be reported in game too :p

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you were saying?.......

why not pic week days like tues wed thurs evenings so peeps can play and leave there weekends to the family???[/QUOTE said:
This is for November last and your complaining about always at weekends hardly seems justified. I didnt even bother to check further back than November but i suspect the same picture would emerge. As for Saturdays I cannot remember a single event ever being scheduled for one.

Attachments

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Events have always generally been Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

I also love the Spy idea, I post fiction from the site here and usually players go out, find clues, report back to the thread. So it already 'occurs', Just this time people will be gaining points for doing it. Love the idea.

And of course a post box ingame for those who don't like Stratics would be a reasonable idea also.