• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Friday' attack

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some dragons and dark elves escaped from Yew hole, after some land exploring we found more interesting stuff - guarded boxed with scrolls. So far 3 boxes found with marks:

S I
El G
Vs H

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whilst wandering around looking for Gypsies to attack and steal bracelets from, I saw, far to the East of Yew... A Greater... Chicken! Alas, after I tamed it, an Ogre immediately attacked and killed it. But not to worry, as I wandered into the woodland once more, I saw... another Greater Chicken! This time I tamed it and returned it safely home to a stables before he could be made into chicken stew; but wondering if I could find a third Greater Chicken, I wandered a little further and found...

Dragon's with Drowish Markings

And they were guarding another blackrock box; Unable to beat a Drow, an Orange hued drake model and a red hued, revenant and undead summoning Dragon even with my own Greater (due to aggro target shifting), I resorted to asking in chat if anyone was free; and Nimauq was, in the form of Daniel Delacroix... and he brought in his Greater too. But even then, it took an enormous amount of leading, ressurecting, cross healing, dying ourselves to defeat all 3... nearly an hour in total. The Drow, and the Dragons seemed to drop a simple Broadsword, but labelled as "A Dark Elf Assassin Sword"... which I didn't notice as I have to admit, I'm collosally lazy when it comes to items... soooo many confusing modifiers! So many things in game that I've no idea still what is rare or not! Fortunately Daniel pointed out my error to me!

But when we went back to the box, it wouldn't open; it turned out there was a second red dragon to defeat somewhere; whilst fighting that, another orange one popped out... so another 30 minutes or so, and we defeat both (the orange respawn didn't carry a sword) and finally there was a huge explosion around the box and we could get in. It revealed this part of the code;

Ys J

Ahh the land of ancient Ys... but that's another adventure, a long time ago!

I've tried to get all the valid information into one screen shot as you can see; We were fighting just to the west of the bay, around the little clearings north of the road, south of the crypts. You can see the blue hued box in the target window, and the final red dragon's corpse, as well as the scroll we fought so hard to locate...

As Nim and I talked afterwards, I went to the Yew hole to see if we could get in with what we had... and then Nim noticed with the 4th we have:

EL Vs S Ys which are the first letters of "Elvssysnkacha" the npc by the hole.
G H I J matches the order too. So we are perhaps missing boxes for the "nkacha" part of the code?

The only pattern I can see is that the consonants are all taking double letters from her name, but the vowel a single... so would that give us "Nk - K" "Ac - L" and "Ha - M" ?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no coordinates or player mark on this map.
finally found 4th and 5th boxes.
5th is Nk U

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adol ....... that's an impressive adventure ........ and some nifty detective work as well. :bowdown:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I didn't mark it, as it was 1:30am by the time we finished... ours was the fourth box I'm guessing, so what is the code for the 5th box? I guess we'll know more tonight at 8pm!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, that throws off my guess that "Ac" would be L.... but we can guess the last of the boxes now;

5th - Nk U
6th - Ac X
7th will be - Ha Y

But what does this give us?

I've tried saying "ghijuxy" at both Yew and Vesper but nothing happened alas...

Edit: With Traveler now, as we talk it seems that it may also be "H - Y" and "A - Z" if there's a four set again... we'll let you know when we've tackled the spawn :p

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strangely, the 7th box was indeed HA... but HA - G, not Z. Confusing!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name of Yew guardian is elvssysnkacha. One more time:
el vs s ys nk ac ha, they are on scrolls. Same order for other chars is - g h i j u x g

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gathering a mob to try and get in, there seems to be a huge mine inside but tonnes of dragon kin on the door...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Engineer's Report
by Unknown
-------------------------
Engineer's report

Nindolen har'olen ph'
extremely yibin lu'
crumbling.

Kl'ae d' explosives zhah
STRICTLY prohibited!

Jaluss atsus kl'aein
explosives orn tlu
executed immediately!

Nindolen ph' dosst
quarthen! Xun naut hojh
dosst Qu'ellar!

Translated it says:

These caverns are extremely weak and crumbling. Use of explosives is STRICTLY prohibited! Anyone caught using explosives will be executed immediately! These are your commanded! Accomplish not fail your House!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that in a time of crisis, we Europeans can be relied upon to lay down their lives at short notice! But what did the events entail?

Well, as you have seen from this thread, a few of us were in game working out the code; I noticed that Traveler had found and freed the final box, so we had GHIJUXYD... I recalled to the Yew hole to try it, only to see Nimauq say "It could also be DEFGRUD" at which point he immediately vanished! 10 seconds later, he reappeared, completely dead. It was indeed the password, but he'd been butchered by spawn inside... We tried again as a small group of myself, Traveler, Nim and apologies to anyone I've forgotten, and we got butchered in turn too. There was just too much dragon kin on the door!

So... we put out a call to everyone we knew, to those in General Chat and those on our ICQ lists and all means possible! This time, we timed it on my shouting GO! and we all DEFGRUDDED at once... We got into the far eastern corner but alas were unable to hold off the spawn the first time... I marked a rune but we couldn't recall to it. So we gathered up a second time outside, and on GO went in again... and this time, dragon slaying success!

I've left the screenshots in full to ensure I get everyone in shot who came...

After we killed what was the last of the red Dragons, you can see it spawned a unique box with Rare armour inside; I got the leggings and arms, and I gather every lucky winner got two pieces each. There was a lot of debate about whether a gorget dropped, or if it was just a 4 piece set... but first there was an almighty explosion that lagged us all out... and which unlocked the last of the boxes;

Considering the message you've seen above, whether this indicated we'd blown up the mine or not we weren't sure... all will become clear at 8pm tonight when we speak to Nathan!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the message you've seen above if this indicated we weren't sure if we'd blown up the mine or not... all will become clear at 8pm tonight when we speak to Nathan!
Nice report thanks! I arrived just at the end of it.

I was joking with Traveler earlier, Perhaps you did today what Nathan wanted to do with Yew and us tonight. :D

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice report thanks! I arrived just at the end of it.

I was joking with Traveler earlier, Perhaps you did today what Nathan wanted to do with Yew and us tonight. :D
Gah bad grammar! The difficulty of still being in game, talking to people, and trying to screenshot and write up at the same time! I shall change it :p And Nathan's going to be mighty pleased... or pee'd off with us methinks!

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this a joke?

Event isnt till 8pm gmt.

If this is so its disgusting!!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this a joke?

Event isnt till 8pm gmt.

If this is so its disgusting!!
Event is still at 8pm as far as I know, However if what was planned for tonight has indeed already been done, I'm not sure what we'll be doing.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing to do/get because its allready been done by a select few.

Pathetic!

Smells fishy to me!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing to do/get because its allready been done by a select few.

Pathetic!

Smells fishy to me!
If you put in the work for this event chain instead of just showing up for one day to fight a few dragons then you might be entitled to complain about your lack of reward. But apparently you didn't, so you aren't.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you put in the work for this event chain instead of just showing up for one day to fight a few dragons then you might be entitled to complain about your lack of reward. But apparently you didn't, so you aren't.
It's still unfortunate that items were given out at 1pm today when the event was advertised for 8pm and no items were given out (That I saw). I'm sure however this was NOT the EMs fault.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three points on that (especially as I was getting a little abuse for merely joking later, which I can't help but wonder if it was because of bad feelings due to this)

1.) The first part of the event COULDN'T be done until today, as the code didn't follow any pattern in the end; we couldn't have guessed the final letter was "G" (I was expecting Z as you saw) until the last box spawned and was located this afternoon, so it would have been a Sunday event no matter what.

2.) The initial spawn was absolutely NOT beatable by just a few people; it took Nimauq and I 2 hours just fighting a single spawn by separating it out to beat it, and when we arrived at this hole there were 5 right on the ladder... whilst I personally prefer fairness in all things, and would have had the final dragon at the back so everyone could partake of a chance to win, as it was it was still a good thing I recruited about 10-20 people to come tackle the first part... because all the squishies would have got insta-whacked upon entering due to how there's no organization during main events... what with everyone rushing forward trying to get the phat lootz chances.

3.) And thirdly, and even though I got some of that loot people are so desperate to sell on, I'll tell you what left a bad taste in my mouth; the event in the end didn't even acknowledge the hard work that people like Traveler put in (solving the code) or the involvement and organization of the initial group that went in much lower numbers and cleared the mine entrance... most of the people online at that time are people who play the game because they love it's setting and history, and to write them out (so far) of the history and instead had it (so far) as just a Turn Up And Play Second Fiddle To The Yewish evening. It started with a monologue to the GRD, and ended with (perhaps out of frustration so much hadn't seemed to go to plan) with Nathan Hawke just effectively buggering off. I only found out there were even Dragon eggs by talking in chat for ages after until someone who'd seen them indicated what had actually happened... So I personally would sooner have not bothered with the earlier assault, not got any loot, and actually had a fulfilling and creative continuation of the Britannian story instead.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is Risso which u seem to have entirely missed is that an event which was scheduled for 8pm gmt actually occured a lot earlier.

Then the event when it happened wasnt even the same event (by which i mean the outcome) so basically an event for a select few people which get some items which will be worth millions then the real event people get nothing.

Im VERY sorry ive not put the hours of gameplay into the events which u seem to require i do. But ive all but given up on the pathetic events which have people chasing over the lands in the faint hope they will see something (which they have no idea to look for) to be told in chat it finished hours ago.

But im not so fussed about the items as a few of my friends who attend most if not all of these events who feel cheated and seem to have wasted their time (they didnt even get a shot at the items).

Basically if an event is scheduled at 8pm thats when it begins!! if it happens before that then its a cock up or suspicious.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event with items started on Friday and lasted for 2 days. Scheduled event was finale only.

Only players who actually play and explore world got rewards, its fair.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is Risso which u seem to have entirely missed is that an event which was scheduled for 8pm gmt actually occured a lot earlier.

Then the event when it happened wasnt even the same event (by which i mean the outcome) so basically an event for a select few people which get some items which will be worth millions then the real event people get nothing.

Im VERY sorry ive not put the hours of gameplay into the events which u seem to require i do. But ive all but given up on the pathetic events which have people chasing over the lands in the faint hope they will see something (which they have no idea to look for) to be told in chat it finished hours ago.

But im not so fussed about the items as a few of my friends who attend most if not all of these events who feel cheated and seem to have wasted their time (they didnt even get a shot at the items).

Basically if an event is scheduled at 8pm thats when it begins!! if it happens before that then its a cock up or suspicious.
Theres no evidence that the scheduled event was actually completed earlier. Just because people had already followed the clues and been down there doesn't mean that the 'prizes' were meant to be held for the horde of people later in the evening, since technically the whole event started on Friday. I attended the two events last week and completely missed the item drop events due to them being carried out late at night/Sunday morning, but I don't begrudge the recipients for putting in the time and effort to further the event which had been running all weekend. I applaud the EMs for rewarding them in some way, mistake or no, for putting the work in rather than leaving it to pot luck/who can out-damage the masses of greater dragons. I'm assuming your friends who attend most or all of the events only attend all of the ones where items will be awarded, rather than the filler events inbetween? No reason for them to feel cheated otherwise.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what your saying is drops can only happen if its during an advertised hour and no event should last more than an hour at a time.

If you read the fiction it clearly states that dragons were sent out and the event started then. I thought this was good as not everyone could make the 8pm finaly and so they were given a chance to enjoy the event with what time they could.

Those that were clearing these dragon were sharing the event with others even thoughout by posting updates with the clues as they found them, this was outstanding of them.

The EMs also made sure that the drops could not go to a very small group by the spawn they put in the cave which worked well.

As for the event, in the fiction it was to clear the cave and prevent any more dragon breeding there, which went ahead and was successful.

So many events have been people spend most of the week gathering information for them to stand no chance of a drop because they were for the hardest hitters only. Now those that get most of the event drops know how it feels to have to stand by as someone else have the history items, its not nice.

I wish their could be a way for everyone to have equal chance of a drop, but I can see no way of doing that. So the only way is for a variety ways of delivering items at differant types of events, and yes for this event those that put in days worh of effort stood a chance of solving the puzzel, (which they shared thoughout) I'm sure some other events will be for those that hit hardesty etc, and others will have to stand by with no chance at an item.