• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Freeing the Juka from the Orcs (Sunday 24th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fardorim arrived at the Counselor's Hall at 8pm and began.

Fardorim: "I am pleased to see you all here, It seems you are indeed honourable creatures and true to your word."
He was recalling the promise we made when we first found him. We would rescue the Juka from the Orcs.

Fardorim: "I have flown over the city and I have seen five devices. These devices are heavily guarded and maintained by technicians. You must take them out and disable the devices."

Sean Llyonadhadd: "How do we destroy them?"

Fardorim: "The devices seem to require constant maintenance."

Nathan: "So we kill the technicians?"

Fardorim: "Indeed Nathan. Take away the maintance crew and the device will soon fail."

With the briefing over, We headed outside and Nathan suggested we head to the Honesty Shrine.

Hex cast a gate to a moongate and we headed for the Honesty Moongate to await further instructions.

Once Nathan arrived he reminded us we were killing the Orc Technicians. We then headed out north towards Mistas.

At the entrance to Mistas groups of Orcs, Dragons and Juka awaited.

We fell back outside the city for a while until the dragons were slayed.

We managed to slay 3 Orc Engineers inside Mistas.

Once each Engineer had been killed the device it was guarding soon exploded.

A device exploded in the south east corner of Mistas as we killed another Orc Engineer.

Once the Engineers had been killed Nathan ordered us to kill the remaining Orcs in the city.

Nathan then ordered us to the center of the town where Fardorim was waiting. On the way there I saw Duke Iryvn admiring the city.

Fardorim thanked us for the help and confirmed the mind control devices had been destroyed. Fardorim then waved goodbye as he returned to watching over the Juka from the skies.

Nathan thanked us for helping and said on Tuesday they would further question the Orc that is currently in the Trinsic Jail.

EM Emile Layne confirmed that 25 items were on the Orc Enginers. 5 Masks, 5 Tunics, 5 Gloves, 5 Shields and 5 Hammers.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also in the third shot... I'm the one in the bone armour, scavenged from drops outside the bank, and unable yet to remember how to use benches after 6 years away ;) All I did during the event was run around Magic Arrow and Fireballing orcs until I ran out of the resources I'd picked up from around moongates, and then died over and over again, he he...

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen screen shots of the enhanced client that i really liked. These look cool I'll definitely try it out soon. Does anyone know if catskills has these sorts of events?

Thank you
- James

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice report as ever, was great to see so many old faces return as well as the Sosarian red cross, good to have you back guys and girls. A new toy that helps alot at events is to change your chat channel to events and there's no more getting left behind when things move on.

C

cheerful

spent too much time trying to read the messages and missed half of what was actually going on.

Nice event,nice report.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, someone kindly mentioned the Chat Channel during the event (was it the EM?) but using the enhanced (which is very buggy still) I couldn't find it at all; it's not a default option, and I didn't manage to manually switch to it in time! Hopefully I'll have it all running more smoothly in a weeks time ;)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took me a while to find the Chat button in the EC client.

I've highlighted the chat button there, Its on the main toolbar.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahah! It doesn't list /Event or /Trade on the speech bubble to the left which is what threw me; It also explains why the game seemed so, so quiet outside of the event, it defaults to /Help, not /General when you use /Chat, which I can get at from that icon now, thank you. I shall ensure I change my default to /Event for next time... and already my fine collection of Orc "Interrogation" tools is growing for just such an event!