• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Collecting the Serpentwyne Recipe Ingredients! (Sunday 3rd)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Father Grant and Fynn Barrett met with the Royal Guard at the Ancient Snake Pen.

An elderly man named Red handed a copy of the Serpentwyne Recipe that had been found the previous week over to Fynn Barrett. Father Grant recalled the Old Abbey deep below Empath Abbey in Yew where the recipe was found.

To make the recipe the venom from Father Grants Ancient Silver Serpent would be required. However the venom, once milked, would not last long so the guard would need to work fast to make the Serpentwyne.

Father Grant began to milk the creature and collected the venom into a small bottle, Once collected Fynn opened a gate to a valley somewhere in Ilshenar.

At the mysterious valley a table and alchemy set awaited, Father Grant began to study the recipe. Conveniently Father Grant had milked the serpent before even checking he had all the ingredients!

Fynn Barrett asked everyone to listen carefully... Everyone was given a special box and a list of ingredients to collect as quickly as they could, The list was as follows:

One pitcher of water from the Shrine of Spirituality.
Freshly Cut Ginseng.
6 Cloves of Garlic, Grinded and liquified.
Accurate Scales.
A knife and a spoon.
(The ingredients were made up, The water was just a pitcher of water etc)

After collecting the correct ingredients, Handing them in the box to Father Grant or Fynn Barrett got you a full bottle of Serpentwyne freshly made by the hands of Father Grant.

Once you had the bottle you were asked to head through the gate that took you to Father Grants Penn.

A while later Father Grant said we would meet up another time, However suggested we give the poisoned Miners in Britain some of the Serpentwyne.

-----------------------------------------------------

Also as a final note, Septembers Monthly article will be posted tomorrow, Having a few issues with the new Photoshop and it's taking a little longer than I expected.​

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Youre lucky if you got a bottle of Serpentwyne for those ingredients - I tried to hand in the same ones to be told the garlic needed to be ground. By the time I had found out what to do the gate was gone.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Youre lucky if you got a bottle of Serpentwyne for those ingredients - I tried to hand in the same ones to be told the garlic needed to be ground. By the time I had found out what to do the gate was gone.
Sorry to hear that. :( I guess the EM overlooked mine, There were quite a few people! It makes complete sense to me now, grinded and liquefied Garlic is a cure potion, Duh.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you had the bottle you were asked to head through the gate that took you to Father Grants Penn.

A while later Father Grant said we would meet up another time, However suggested we give the poisoned Miners in Britain some of the Serpentwyne.

..........hopefully meaning Father Grant will be making more wine another night, for those that missed this time?? yes??

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pouring the bottle onto the Miners does not do anything noticeable alas, so it may be that Father Grant is just going to roleplay out the "cure"... I'm sorry for all of those who missed out; I went back on my crafter Muffin to give Knives, Spoons and Scales to those waiting, and just made it through the gate before it closed; I didn't try and claim a second though. Those of us who did get at least one though shouldn't be afraid to go and oil up the miners after they've been waiting for so long however!

Regarding the chests, Fynn Barrett didn't reward me as I didn't get the right potion either at first, although he was so swamped with trade windows I don't think he had time to explain to everyone (or wasn't going to spoil the quest if so) which items were missing, including myself at first. I have to say I do think it was fair he time-limited it though; he'd still be there now trying to get through the backlog of cross sharding alts if he hadn't! Then again, as you needed to hand in the original box too... maybe not!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That part of the event reminded me one of the EA&A events. The list was far more complicated on the EA&A event and it was a race against time. But there were a total of 4 different races if I remember correctly, so you still had the chance to win. That EA&A event was the best time I've spent in uo and I cant tell how much I'm looking forward to another one.