• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

rePlayability in online games ⚡ MMORPG analytics

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi ho :)

I've made vlog-analytics about the most important gameplay part of any online game or MMORPG..... About replayability :)

What do you think about this topic? :) Which single/online game is the best in 'replay value' in your opinion and why? :)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Judging from what I saw that you were holding, I'm not impressed by that many games any more. You'd think that with the Internet having online games for over 20+ years now that we would really start to get somewhere in regards to a revolutionary and good game.

However, that is not the case. Killing something over and over of the same thing or getting skill ups on something over and over again just plain gets old. I mean once you've played at least 20 years with online games not many ideas are fresh.

Diablo II, fun at one point in time but meh and same with the other games shown. I am not familiar with the battlefield game shown, 2142 Battlefield?

I like complex games, but they've all been dumbed down. I would say I like UO still, but there is nobody I personally know that plays the game any more.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I like complex games, but they've all been dumbed down. I would say I like UO still, but there is nobody I personally know that plays the game any more.
Honestly I'm the opposite, the moment I feel like I should need a spreadsheet to keep track of something in a game...... that's the moment my desire to start playing it starts to curl up and die. I play games to escape my day to day and unwind, not do more work, I prefer straight forward and engaging vs complex and engaging.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a lot of fun replaying open world stealth games like Deus Ex and Metal Gear Solid because each time I replay them the experiences are different enough that's it's still really exciting. Except MGS4, I don't think I'll ever touch that one again...