• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Replacing a pet's magical skill under the new system?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Quick question, do I understand correctly that if I have a pet with an inherent magic skill (necro, magery, mysticism, etc) after taming, and when I train him I select a different magic skill, it wipes out the first one? Specifically, I have two Ossian Rams. I want to completely get rid of their necro ability, but keep their disarm, paralyze, life leech, and battle defense. Can I just select a different magic ability? What are the options I have here? Or if I do that will his other abilities go poof?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think those start with necromancy. You can add it cheap. Show me the lore screens that show Abilities and I can tell you.

The necro skills will just sit there. I know you can add another choice like explosive goo and keep the rest.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you pick chiv, for example, it will replace necro completely.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you pick chiv, for example, it will replace necro completely.

I think he sees the Necro skills. Rams don't naturally have the actual necromancy ability. So, he thinks it has necro cause it has the skill holders.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think he sees the Necro skills. Rams don't naturally have the actual necromancy ability. So, he thinks it has necro cause it has the skill holders.
Ah.
I haven't tamed one of those yet. I will try to during the week.
I hope it has magery already, otherwise putting necromage on it will cost way too many points. :(

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh boy. And how many slots is it? 2? 3? Or a lucky 1?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yep, I assumed since it had skills in Necro it would use them. I just want to avoid having it cast a necro skill that bumps up a targets physical resist when it only does physical (or non fire anyway) damage. So if I leave it alone it won't cast necro?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, I assumed since it had skills in Necro it would use them. I just want to avoid having it cast a necro skill that bumps up a targets physical resist when it only does physical (or non fire anyway) damage. So if I leave it alone it won't cast necro?
Nope no magic natuarally.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With it's starting stats it ends up being very tight on points. I wanted to make a spawningpet out o it, that could tank well (life leech), AoE for spawn, and AI for the boss. In the end Tsuki wolf turned out better for the same abilities.
The Ram has another surprising negative - with it's earth coloring it ends up being very hard to see in a pile up.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With it's starting stats it ends up being very tight on points. I wanted to make a spawningpet out o it, that could tank well (life leech), AoE for spawn, and AI for the boss. In the end Tsuki wolf turned out better for the same abilities.
The Ram has another surprising negative - with it's earth coloring it ends up being very hard to see in a pile up.
Tsuki wolf is too noisy... thing is annoying and makes a racket.