• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Repeat of events

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lord Drakelord

Seems today's event was a repeat of the Yew park event from last year, not sure what the prize was today as I did not stick around after learning what this dog and pony show was. As much as I am glad to see live events I hope to see something more then events where we all chasing the gold rings on the merry go round.

I hope tomorrow event is different.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event was anything BUT like last year. This event made you go look for several NPC's in Tram, Fel, Ilsh and Tokuno. You then had to write their location down in a book, get key information from the npc about where the next npc was and be correct about it.

L

Lord Drakelord

This event was anything BUT like last year. This event made you go look for several NPC's in Tram, Fel, Ilsh and Tokuno. You then had to write their location down in a book, get key information from the npc about where the next npc was and be correct about it.

A dog and pony show. I was there when the first few return from evan in glow, so I saw. I was also at Yew last yr, so from my view of tonight event it was the same dog and pony show.

Something I post at our forum tonight

V

Vyrquenox

A dog and pony show. I was there when the first few return from evan in glow, so I saw. I was also at Yew last yr, so from my view of tonight event it was the same dog and pony show.

Something I post at our forum tonight
Well, I suppose we should all just slap Eira for doing anything that displeases the high and mighty amongst us. Complaining is okay, but jeez man, it's not like she is being paid, and a lot of people had fun. This wasn't a mythic team paid people created event, she is just a volunteer. You might as well go complain about player run events or something, or complain that the icing on the cake isn't the right color.

L

Lord Drakelord

she is just a volunteer.
No she is a paid employee, there are no volunteers in UO except on the Asia shards. And Wolfee thank for that news, I was told that five got a special gem and the last five got something else, so was top five winner. Maybe someone that knows for sure can tell us how many winners there was and what they got. Still sounds like the D&P from last years, had only 10 winners there also. And again it was those people that had a faster connection that would win.

As I said at the PAS forum, they really should just drop all those D&P shows and give us the events we had before.

F

Freya/Passion

Honestly Saturdays event was a big disapointment. The rules were obviously not clear and it seems that most of the group just told their friends and they all got to win.

Sunday's event was a tad bit better...and not just because I won. But I totally agree with Drakelord, Either hand out a participation gift to everyone, or don't give out rewards at all. Then maybe we can just enjoy going and roleplaying.