• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Repair Costs

G

Now I know some of you think that repair costs shouldn't be adjusted but... this is really unfair to those of us who merged into TC3, we've already lost the names of friends on many of our crafted objects and now we can't even afford to fix them. Don't forget we landed there with $0 to our names. I had died over and over to create a special RIP silver plasma to give to as a Christmas gift, now it's just another tv, along with all the other rip ones I made that were going to be gifts as well. Not all of us crafted our butts off thinking of selling them, and I can't see anyone wanting something that costs this much to fix: <center>http://i12.***********/6tykzds.jpg</center>

Please adjust the values on our merging objects. This is going to have a huge effect on EA Land when we are all merged with things we worked (played) hard for. And to make new ones at lower prices shouldn't need to be done, nor will it be possible any time soon

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

I agree that things money-wise still need to be tweaked. They're far from done, however. A few more major money tweaks are the repair costs of those objects, as well as increasing property size. They're still scaling down the prices on everything, so hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later, but it'll definitely be prior to the launch of EA-Land (so I would assume).

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

You could always just wait until morning and call a repairman for a sim hour. Just a thought.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Please adjust the values on our merging objects. This is going to have a huge effect on EA Land when we are all merged with things we worked (played) hard for. And to make new ones at lower prices shouldn't need to be done, nor will it be possible any time soon

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't hired a repairman in TC3 yet, how much does that cost? Ever since NPC repair was introduced it has bothered me that having an NPC do it costs much less than doing it myself, even after spending a gazillion hours maxxing my mech skills.
That ain't right, and it takes away from the underlying tenet of the game that being skilled is worthwhile.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

I would be unbelievably ecstatic if they removed the repairman from the game. Ever since he was introduced, the mech skill died entirely, and is to this day mainly only used for crafting purposes. I don't care for the other two NPC's, but at least they aren't affecting a skilling category, which is a crucial part to the game.

I

imported_SimTripps

Repairman is 50 an hour - it would be cheaper to get him to do it lol..

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I suggest you salvage that old TV for parts and then use your fully skilled ancient TC sim to make a new one. I suspect it is cheaper in TC3 to craft a new one than repair the old one.

I

imported_SimTripps

But she'd lose her precious R.I.P. silver plasma! Those are probably rarer than an ultra rare pet! lol..

G

The reliance on jobs has revived the Mechanical skill in TC3, and probably will in EALand as well. It is not up to the point where a money house is dedicated to just the work bench, yet, but there are skill houses that focus on Mech skilling.

G

i've found that items bought in tc3 are no cheaper to repair then those brought from the older cities. They still cost hundreds if not thousands more then the original purchase price of the item to repair, go figure.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

That's definitely an improvement!

Also, KIR, I do agree about the drain, however I believe the 6 skills that we have need to take priority over the many drains we have. Drains are important, but there's enough of them in place to where the repairman could be done off with if need be. I don't think that'll ever happen, so you're safe.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Repairman is a good drain for the economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Psshaw. Fixing it yourself is like ultimate superclog draino.

K

Keep It Real

I still would rather see the old perv running around than have to write off another feature. And besides......I HATE SKILLING but not as much as I HATE RESKILLING.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

i've found that items bought in tc3 are no cheaper to repair then those brought from the older cities. They still cost hundreds if not thousands more then the original purchase price of the item to repair, go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you are trying to repair an item purchased or crafted before all the prices of objects were lowered.

I have an old morroccan chandelier I purchased a few months ago that cost $161 to repair and I can buy a new one for $140.

Older objects should be replaced with the newer cheaper objects if you want repair costs to be in line.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Older objects should be replaced with the newer cheaper objects if you want repair costs to be in line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, Gracie, spoken like a merchant.

G

I only ever made one RIP silver plasma, and now, thanks to a screwed up merge, it's a nameless waste of space. Thanks so much for your support.

G

Excuse me, but I can't afford to craft the amount of tvs it might take to finally get a RIP silver. I did actually try crafting a tv today, after about a dozen failures I finally got a black one. Now I need to make money again. Remember, we got to town with huge holes in our pockets and all our money gone

G

It would be good if the repairman charged what it would cost the owner to repair an item plus something for the convenience. Maybe $50 or $100 more per item.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

It would be good if the repairman charged what it would cost the owner to repair an item plus something for the convenience. Maybe $50 or $100 more per item .

[/ QUOTE ]

SMACK YOURSELF YOUNG MAN!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you are trying to repair an item purchased or crafted before all the prices of objects were lowered.

I have an old morroccan chandelier I purchased a few months ago that cost $161 to repair and I can buy a new one for $140.

[/ QUOTE ]

no gracie i made sure i deleted all the old objects and the newer ones bought in tc3 to me were just as high priced, trust me no mistakes were made

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no gracie i made sure i deleted all the old objects and the newer ones bought in tc3 to me were just as high priced, trust me no mistakes were made

[/ QUOTE ]

Were the items you purchased in TC3 the newest low priced items? We still have alot of older objects in TC3 still too, even in stores. Don't forget that TC3 started with production city prices and slowly got lowered.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

SMACK YOURSELF YOUNG MAN!

*pats self on back*

Satisfied?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ok, I guess that will have to do........for now. At least untill we get this interaction
ingame.........then I'm gonna look you up, lol.

G

gracie i'm not an idiot, been playing tso since early beta, yes i am 100% positive the items are new as of just a few days ago. I create my own stores to buy items why give others my cash lol especially the crafted items cost alot

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Fester, I never called you an idiot. Obviously we tested repair costs on different objects. There must be a bug that needs to be reported.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fester, I never called you an idiot. Obviously we tested repair costs on different objects. There must be a bug that needs to be reported.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right.
I replaced my first fridge cuz it cost too much to repair. The second one is now old enough (80%) to need constant fixing too, and the cost is much less than the first one.
Obviously, the purchase price of the second was less than the first. The same is pretty much true for everything else.

p.s. - Just curious, fester - how busy is your lot that you wear out stuff in a just a few days?

G

if u be so brane you should know it was open quite alot in order to have broken items within a few days.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if u be so brane you should know it was open quite alot in order to have broken items within a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was looking for some numbers to do some comparisons - but if you want to be a butt about it, that is your privilege.

G

I like the repair costs the way they are. Makes you have to work hard to get stuff fixed. What I personally would like to see is warranties. Like you worked for a whole real life week at your sim job to afford that awsome black plasma tv. Why not offer a warranty on the item?? All warranties last the duration of 1 real life month. Make the warranty cost at least half the price of the item. But its also optional. The warranty would make it so the during the warranty period the tv didn't break.

OT, that comment was very very rude fester.

G

Warrenties were standard during the time we sold thru trade interaction (all used items)....except rather than being a refund or money exchange, the store owner would come fix the item themselves, for a certain period of time.

Fun times.

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

also helps to click twice to view repair costs..idk why, but sometimes the first price is $1000's more and when you click the second time, it's much more reasonable

G

Repair costs in TC3 have been bugged for months, it will often show a really inflated price, if you x out and try again you get the correct price for repair.

Polly

G

Yes the repair cost quotes have been bugged for ages, the price you see isnt necessarily what you will be charged. Repairs is my main way to tip on my older TC3 sim so I see this all the time.

G

That picture I posted was the actual cost. I tried it several times hoping it would come down and it didn't. I had brought that old tv with me broken to tc3 because I wanted to test dying in a residential lot. I'd hoped to cancel out of the fixit job if she didn't fry right away but unfortunately that didn't work and she spent $4001 to fix a useless object.

G

Sorry I kind of missed the first part of the post, crafted items have always been more expensive to fix, its a shame that you got charged all that money when the repairman would have fixed for so much less.

Is the TV fixed now?

Polly

G

Yes it's fixed, I had saved the tv broken intentionally to test if I could dye at the residential lot. I canceled out of it as soon as she started but it didn't stop so she fixed it and was charged the $4001 to do it

G

That tv was a gift to me, and even though it no longer has the crafters name, I still would never sell it.

B

Bushal

Yeah it has been rough in TC3 with all the updates and all. I'm just relieved the price decreases are done!! The only thing you can really do is compare the retail to the original cost to determine what the item will cost to repair. I agree with Gracie just renew all your old items with new ones. But heres the kicker....most sims will sell there old items to a used store where they will be distribiuted through TC3 again lol. So becareful when buying used items it might just cost you more in the long run.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Dang! When they first opened the new residential lots, the first thing I tried to do was die. Silly me used a cheap hula lamp for my test.