• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

reoccurring problems with guild alliances

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am the alliance leader. I invited several guilds to form an alliance. everything went well until the 4th guild joined. After that I couldn't see or use alliance chat (classic client). When I went to check my alliance status it only showed the last guild to join as ally. All other guilds could still see me as ally in their guild menu. I then kicked the last guild from the alliance and now the guild menu shows that I have no more alliances at all. Yet all other guilds still see my guild in the alliance.

I had this problem before. The last time it occurred I had all guild leaders resign from the alliance (since I couldn't kick them because it acted like I wasn't in an alliance in the first place). All resigned but one who wasn't online. After all except one had resigned it suddenly showed my alliance again with that one last guild remaining and I could re-invite all the others.

Now the same thing happened again and I don't feel like setting up the whole thing again (different time zones makes this a pita).

Does anybody know what to do?

I tried paging both times. Last time a GM showed up over 24h later when everything was working fine again. This time I'm still waiting for a response (36h+). Hence why I'm looking for help from the community...

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am the alliance leader. I invited several guilds to form an alliance. everything went well until the 4th guild joined. After that I couldn't see or use alliance chat (classic client). When I went to check my alliance status it only showed the last guild to join as ally. All other guilds could still see me as ally in their guild menu. I then kicked the last guild from the alliance and now the guild menu shows that I have no more alliances at all. Yet all other guilds still see my guild in the alliance.

I had this problem before. The last time it occurred I had all guild leaders resign from the alliance (since I couldn't kick them because it acted like I wasn't in an alliance in the first place). All resigned but one who wasn't online. After all except one had resigned it suddenly showed my alliance again with that one last guild remaining and I could re-invite all the others.

Now the same thing happened again and I don't feel like setting up the whole thing again (different time zones makes this a pita).

Does anybody know what to do?

I tried paging both times. Last time a GM showed up over 24h later when everything was working fine again. This time I'm still waiting for a response (36h+). Hence why I'm looking for help from the community...
GM should defo get this problem fixed... I exactly had the same problem.

Now make sure that both guild leaders are online when the GM arrives.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's nearly impossible. It's completely unforeseeable if or when a GM arrives and then to arrange that me and the other guild leader are on at the same time is another problem... *sigh*

any hints on how you solved the problem?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the GM told me that mesanna checked my account and got it fixed for me. So u better send an email to broadsword support team 1st, then contact a GM

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had this happen before on several occasions. The fix that always worked for me is immediately removing the last guild to join the alliance (the one that broke it), then wait a day for server refresh. It restored my alliance back to the way it was and we could resend the invite.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
unfortunately that didn't work. I immediately removed them and waited over 24h now...still doesn't work :-/

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unfortunately that didn't work. I immediately removed them and waited over 24h now...still doesn't work :-/
Hmmm, so the only thing you did was to kick the newest guild? When I ran into this problem, It seemed to show my guild and the newest guild in their own alliance with a glitchy name of coding and characters or some such. My memory is hazy. Did you get something similar? If so, did you do anything else like try and leave that glitchy alliance or disband it?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
now the alliance is displayed correctly again (might have needed extra time to revert).
when the last guild had joined the alliance name was displayed correctly and it only showed me and that last guild in the alliance.
both times this happened when I sent an alliance request to a guild leader who wasn't online at the time and accepted when I wasn't online in return. maybe this has something to do with the problems...I'll wait until I meet the other guild leader online and then rerequest.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was the problem I was having with the invite being shown in the journal (CC) in the text given during log on yet the guild window didn't show it so I couldn't join. Only worked if we were both on when the invite was given.