• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reinforcing and Metal Forged Tool?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I 'be been back in the game for about a month. Still getting up to date on everything. Through the process of reinforcing it says you can get your DCI up to 70 by lowering your maximum resists. Say you get your DCI up to 70 on the armor. Could you come back to the no enhanced armor with a Metal Forged Tool and add Valorite or Verite to it up the resist?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read the guide. Just didn't know if the Metal Forged Tool was away to bring the resist backup. Since the tool was 100% enhancement. Thanks for your answer though.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you refine a suit it will lower the actual resist caps.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I read the guide. Just didn't know if the Metal Forged Tool was away to bring the resist backup. Since the tool was 100% enhancement. Thanks for your answer though.
The tool provides a 100% chance to successfully enhance an item without risk of failing / breaking it. For instance, this is the only way to produce 190 luck pieces, as the chance to enhance equation gives you a 0% chance to enhance in this case.

There are some things that can't be enhanced, even with the tool. For example, if you have a piece of armor with +20 to the base resist, that item cannot be raised above this level.

Using the refinements changes the CAPS of either resist/DCI.