• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

regarding ping

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey. when i log in it says my ping is about 150. i dont know how to measure it when im logged in but in server list screens its about 140 150 so i want to know what would character would be a better option for pvp. thanks.

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
up!
as i understand mage is not a good choice with my ping. how about a fencer?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Playing an Archer is usually the easiest pvp character for people with bad ping since you don't really need to move fast, just stand in the background shooting arrows to help your guild bring down an enemy.

Mage would be extremely difficult to play with bad ping since you have to be constantly clicking things and moving.

Any type of melee skills like fencing or swordsmanship would be in between, you still need to run around to hit people which bad ping messes with, but it doesn't need to be as fast as a mage.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So what is a good ping for PvP action, I have always wondered?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while but around 60 to 65 I always got back in the day and that was good for PvP action. I think when I had a really bad connection it was around 120 and that worked while playing archery.