• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Refreshing to see :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as i trawl around europa i am pleased to see the empty spaces being filled, and filled fast, so it looks like the player base may be increasing!

lets hope

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I owe a big thanks to Jack Flash.

An 18x18 in a lovely spot that I'd had my eye on for 6 months (the previous owner had the sign saying "for sale" but I was unable to contact him) finally went IDOC and collapsed today. I didnt get home from work quick enough and when I got there Jack Flash was just about to place, looking to sell it on to the highest bidder. He asked if I had been going to place and I explained that I'd been hoping for this spot for months.

Without being asked he handed the plot over to me, free of charge.

Thanks Jack ... thats the sort of gesture that restores my faith in this game. The title of your thread is very apt in more way than one ...

Cheers
Siteswap

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I owe a big thanks to Jack Flash.

An 18x18 in a lovely spot that I'd had my eye on for 6 months (the previous owner had the sign saying "for sale" but I was unable to contact him) finally went IDOC and collapsed today. I didnt get home from work quick enough and when I got there Jack Flash was just about to place, looking to sell it on to the highest bidder. He asked if I had been going to place and I explained that I'd been hoping for this spot for months.

Without being asked he handed the plot over to me, free of charge.

Thanks Jack ... thats the sort of gesture that restores my faith in this game. The title of your thread is very apt in more way than one ...

Cheers
Siteswap
You caught me on a good moment!

happens every now and again

thanks for the kind words.

i have just ran around valoria and dagger island, i had marked all the 18x18 spaces and they are filled!!

all this has happened in the last 4 days!!!!!

this is rather exciting!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just relocated my 18x18 slightly NE of the Minoc stables, its definately a lot harder to find large house spots :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just relocated my 18x18 slightly NE of the Minoc stables, its definately a lot harder to find large house spots :)
yip, i forgot about that after idoc, i was going to place there and sell

*dusts off jack estate agent jacket*

i think things are moving along very nicely

i fact VERY quickly!

both tram and fell are filling up!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
DRy highlands south of umbra, there are still 18x18 spaces there, so if any returning players need a place to set up this is one location to consider

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm noticing steady amounts of youngs around Haven, but what I'm seeing a LOT of is returning players, who've been tempted back to have a look at SA or because the communities in other games are not as good as ours. Over the last year, nearly two now (where the hell did the time go?) since I've had the guild, our community is one of the top reasons for people to come back, tied with the fact that no matter how we grumble about EA, UO is one of the best games to play out there :)

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amount of young players was just crazy in new haven for the last few weeks.They also seem to quickly find a guild that helps them.Hope some will stay.

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am back in UO again. Only played a total of 16 months since 2002 but still.

I got back a few days ago and all my old shoprunes were outdated. That got me a bit worried but I soon noticed that shops have only moved.

Went back to the spot of my old tower. It was free but luckily I ran around a while and found a spot for a 18x18. Now I got a half built house but more of a carrot to gather some gold so I can decorate, and perhaps first of all, get a floor for the 2nd floor and a roof. ;P

But loving it!

Glad to hear alot of players are returning! Perhaps it's time to find a guild for my warrior and make my way to harder creatures than earth ellies =)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone is new or returning, they're welcome to join us (Saor), either permenantly or until they get back on their feet. We cater specifically to new and returning players, and can help with templates, kit, etc etc. I warn you now tho, they're all mad!

S

Shazzam Kabarr

Me and Myst are back after a 2 year holiday in Vanguard *waves*

Found myself a nice large tower spot south of trinny by the sea and Myst an 18x18 southeast of luna.

Feels great to be back in a community where everyone isn't tearing each others eyes out.

Odd really, pure coincidence, we left after KR beta as we didn't like the client and understood 2d would no longer be supported, and now KR is scrapped and the SA client seems way cooler so far. Guess that's what is known as perfect timing :)

Y

yorky

i have just ran around valoria and dagger island, i had marked all the 18x18 spaces and they are filled!!

this is rather exciting!
Its people like yourself that make our shard as great as it is, since I've returned I had to start a new account and it's harsher than I remembered but a very kind player gave me a check for 1 mil gold, its been spent now lol but its helped immensely to get a house placed.

Cailleach also, thanks again for those bugs, they are incredibly helpful :)

C

cheerful

Haven't got anything to say really but i looked at the 'Europa crash' thread and thought that this was a much happier place to be, so...

WELCOME BACK :thumbup:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't got anything to say really but i looked at the 'Europa crash' thread and thought that this was a much happier place to be, so...

WELCOME BACK :thumbup:
Yes and think of all the new and returning players also looking at the 'Europa crashed' thread and wondering why the hell they bothered.

EA appear to have somehow managed to produce yet another Public Relations disaster. Are they 'Paragons of Incompetence' or just 'Masters of Customer Disservice?.

Europa goes down and some 5/6 hours later someone actually realises and acknowledges same - some 5/6 hours after that and all Europa is still waiting for access to what we have paid for,

As you might have guessed I am not a happy bunny.

S

Soulstomp

Sorry for that , wasnt realy paying attention to the europa server, watching LOTR all episodes , *tugs in another donut* be with you soon,,,,

T

Tak

Tried to find a parking place for my ship at SA Island.
Ships everywhere on the beach, like theres a huge beach party going (mh...GM's..Beach Party? lol). Nice.

N

Nikita0143

Cailleach!

I told you... we're not crazy the rest of the world is!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

this is rather exciting!
Its people like yourself that make our shard as great as it is, since I've returned I had to start a new account and it's harsher than I remembered but a very kind player gave me a check for 1 mil gold, its been spent now lol but its helped immensely to get a house placed.

Cailleach also, thanks again for those bugs, they are incredibly helpful :)

Hehe, no worries hun :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cailleach!

I told you... we're not crazy the rest of the world is![/QUOTE

Someone is; one minute shearing sheep, next, pouf, no game. If I wasn't so tired, I'd be having a monumental sulk about now!