• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

reforging with val hammers...

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
inorder to maximize charges is it best to reforge with no powerful? Doesnt valorite give maximum stat effects anyway, so what would the point be to use powerful option?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
inorder to maximize charges is it best to reforge with no powerful? Doesnt valorite give maximum stat effects anyway, so what would the point be to use powerful option?
I always use the powerful option when using the top level runics. I've never actually understood what it adds! A player in game told me it will overcap the mod, so MR2 would become MR3 etc. I have no idea of this is correct. I'd like to know more about the powerful option myself.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a chart on the - reforging - How to post that Semmerset did. I believe Val is on tere along with the results of checking the powerful option. TBH I have never used reforgingwith a val hammer. would you post what you get and let us know? I have seen some insane weps that were val crafted ut that was just regular crafting, not reforged. I imagine if the RNG goes your way you will get some amazing items.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im about to do 5or 6k worth of charges, when i get done i wanna put them in a spreadsheet if im able to write some code to translate it into a excel, by scannng a item that is. i just burnt one verite with 100 chrgs, and a valorite with 90 charges..all very nice, even got some max mod for reforing, i.e. 10 of stamina, and 3 hpr, 3 sr, 3 mr.. on one piece

liking what im seeing

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome. I am saving up BODs atm and will work through as many val and vertite hammers as I can get hold of based on your findings!! no pressure!

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im about to do 5or 6k worth of charges, when i get done i wanna put them in a spreadsheet if im able to write some code to translate it into a excel, by scannng a item that is. i just burnt one verite with 100 chrgs, and a valorite with 90 charges..all very nice, even got some max mod for reforing, i.e. 10 of stamina, and 3 hpr, 3 sr, 3 mr.. on one piece

liking what im seeing
I'm not understanding your procedure? Are you reforging with the runics or just making weapons with runic hammers? Its my understanding that you must reforge with blank crafted weapons with no properties and then reforge them. How can you reforge a weapon that has max mod's? Am i missing something?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its my understanding that you must reforge with blank crafted weapons with no properties and then reforge them. How can you reforge a weapon that has max mod's? Am i missing something?
Yes that is correct. The item must be made from a plain material then you reforge after.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep combine them. ill do what i can when i get it into a spreadsheet to posto nhere. Just know this for now..
with vals and verite
if you use powerful and the highest artifice, sublime i think it is.. that is getting the best results with no mod to "dirty" the armour piece such as brittle/cant be repaired/etc.

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a verite hammer i got a dex 5 si 10 mi sr 1medium resist plate helm.
Then imbued it became dex 5 si 10 mi 8 lmc 8 sr 2 with resist almost all 10..

Last edited: