• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] reforging with heartwood fletching kits

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
trying to get ash kits to reforge for 40SSI bows I ended up with a lot of heartwood fletching kits instead :-/

Now I'm trying to put these to good use. I am still looking for 40SSI bows, so I guess I'll just try my luck with the heartwood kits and hope for good extra mods.

I think it would make sense to aim for 40SSI and balanced.

So I will have to check powerful, grand artifice, inspired, exalted und sublime artifice to get a chance at 2 mods, correct?

then I will have to choose the names:
Animated/of Haste for a chance at SSI40, no problem here.

now for balanced uoguide (Runic Re-Forging - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia) lists two possible names: either Exquisite/ of Quality, or Charmed/ of Alchemy.
I would prefer Charmed/ of Alchemy, since the EP will only show up in one-handed weapons and thus balanced is the only possible mods.
However, when I open the reforging gump, there is no arrow to check next to Charmed/ of Alchemy. Am I doing something wrong?
Or does is it simply impossible to choose Charmed/ of Alchemy and I have to go with Exquisite/ of Quality instead?

Any help is appreciated!

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is no arrow, the devs removed the option for fear of unbalancing the game (this happened before the loot revamp and has not been revisited since).

The trouble with reforging weapons from high-end runics is that by choosing exalted and sublime, you lock the mods that can occur into the groups that you have chosen (5-6 mods from heartwood, so 3 from one group and 2-3 from the other). So you can get your balanced/40 ssi, but will have no room for imbuing and the piece will almost assuredly not have any other mods that you want.

You may be better off saving the kit for the future, selling the kit to recoup your loss, or trying no-names in hope of lucking out with a random piece of awesomeness.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks for your advice. I didn't know that once I select two names all mods on the weapon will be taken from the chart of those two. I was hoping that 2 were according to the picked names and the rest was random.
Is there a possibility for overcapped mods (in my case 40ssi) if I try my luck with no name reforges?