• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging Tinker crafted weapons...?

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I right in understanding that there is still no way to reforge tinker crafted weapons? I have a sneaky background feeling that I am missing something....

Would love a 70% Hit lightning pickax;...p Could probably do some good with a hatchet too..heh

Thanks in advance everyone

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Pretty sure that you can reforge a pickaxe or skinning knife with smithy tools.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, they made it to where you reforged Tinker items with smith tools, as Tuan said. Not tried it though.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIRC, they made it to where you reforged Tinker items with smith tools, as Tuan said. Not tried it though.
Ok...I can confirm that you can reforge Tinker crafted weapons with smithy tools. Made 70% Hit Fireball and Hit Lightning weapons in the first 10 attempts on Test..;p
Copper hammers, 3 charges a pop. Very easy it seems.

How do you fancy Onslaught, Disarm, Double strike with 70% Hit Lightning? Maybe precast Spell Plague to open? We shall see..lol

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...can I *also* confirm that the RNG is a fickle pancake... I have one 70% Hit Fireball, two 70% Hit Harm...no 70% Hit LB...( These certainly aren't useless but not what I was looking fpor

After some 300+ charges, I have run out of copper runics.

The only good news I can offer is that when I do get a 70% Hit spell weapon, it has never come it has never come with any other mods, meaning it is good for imbuing. Small comfort...but at least the RNG only has to fall right ONCE for me. Unsurprisingly, I have abandoned tentative plans to make elemental weapons that match their hit spell damage type...lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
About 25% of all BODs can be bribed up to a Copper Hammer.
You sure about that? Last I checked, 50% of the BODs are weapons, and there's only 4 Weapons LBODs that can be taken high enough to get POF.

anywhere from 25% (GM) to 5% (Legendary Smith) are Iron armor, and that would take a LOT of bribes.

The last 25-45% are the colored armor & non combinables (near even split - 13 armor smalls, 12 non-combinables) and it takes one of the following to have a chance for a copper runic

Copper Runic Hammer
10 - Normal - Ringmail Large - Agapite
10 - Normal - Chainmail Large - Bronze
10 - Normal - Platemail Large - Shadow Iron
10 - Exceptional - Small - Agapite
10 - Exceptional - Ringmail Large - Shadow Iron
20 - Normal - Ringmail Large - Gold
20 - Normal - Chainmail Large - Copper
20 - Normal - Platemail Large - Dull Copper
20 - Exceptional - Small - Gold
20 - Exceptional - Ringmail Large - Dull Copper
20 - Exceptional - Platemail Large - Iron
Copper Runic Hammer (30% Chance)
15 - Normal - Ringmail Large - Agapite
15 - Normal - Chainmail Large - Bronze
15 - Normal - Platemail Large - Shadow Iron
15 - Exceptional - Small - Agapite
15 - Exceptional - Ringmail Large - Shadow Iron

That's a lot of bribes, and a lot of legwork finding smiths that aren't bribed out.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Maybe I'm wrong about 25%, because when I said it I was thinking 25% of non-weapon bods, so I'd like to stand on 12.5%.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been playing around with Blacksmith BODs again..gave up on them years ago. Got 1 copper hammer and a bunch of PoFs. 2 Shadow hammers which are still useful. Plus some Tools and Picks of course.

Large BODs have reminded me why I gave up on Bodding..;p Jeez...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LBODs aren't as bad as they used to be.... For about the first 6-8 years of BODs, a missing closing parenthesis (aka a ")" ) caused an issue where they didn't spawn in the proper numbers or in the proper ratios for some metal types.