• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging : the new joke in town

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it s not the first post about this but i did really worked hard to figure out the meaning of the changes in reforging.
At a time where new loot may allow hunters to find the desired pieces of equipment why the hell nerving the reforging the way you did Devs without even telling us ?
For those who are not familiar with reforging it was meant to give crafter a bit of control on the mods they may get on a crafted item at the cost of several charges from various runics.

The reforging was really useful to get either a mod above imbuing caps or a mod that cant be imbued.
Taking luck as an exemple (but i could take HCI as well or many other mods) you could with runic charges to get pieces with 150 luck. It was already not an easy task but that was doable...

Since the change it seems a real waste of runics to run for such things.
I burnt 275 charges from horned kits and 145 charges from gold hammer to try getting those 150 luck pieces like before....
Not only i didnt get a single one (best was 140 on only 3 pieces) but also got useless items as the number of mods is varying a weird way to say the least... Horned kit from 2 to 4 mods and of course, none those i may need.
All in all i surely have to thank the Devs first to have made the reforging a real joke but second, to not even told us about those changes. It really shows the care they have about us players...

Thanks again, and surely will focus on my hunters now and leave the crafters doing the basic things or resting... whatever comes first in mind.

Lien Ragus, retired crafter from Europa

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well if your looking for a single max stat a gold hammer is NOT the way to go. Try DC, SH, or CH.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
DC, Shadow and Copper cannot reforge 150 Luck. Even before the stealth nerf to reforging with the recent Publish.
Thats incorrect. I have boxes full of 150 pieces from all 3. Ill use bronze rarely and anything above that goes towards making killer shields.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When was this change noticed? Was it with the introduction of global magic loot? I ask this because I wonder if this change might be an unintended consequence of changing the properties of loot, and not necessarily some kind of intentional, secret change. Since loot and reforging seem to use a similar method of generating magical items, and considering that monsters such as the unbound energy vortex have suffered a noticeable drop in loot quality, it seems like this is probably more of an unintended consequence. Of course I could also have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's just a wild guess.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think everything in this game is a conspiracy

(but I have noticed a lot of things working against me!)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't get me wrong, reforging max property on an item HAS become harder. It's not impossible though. As far as mob drops like the uevs, I too have seen a dramatic drop in quality. I wonder if it has to do with the removal of several of the negative properties and the reduction of the number of negative properties that can be found on a piece. Only makes sense considering how closely tied the quality of an item was to negative properties.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not even sure why people would waste money reforging when they can go kill stuff for amazing pieces. The new loot system should eventually kill reforging with runic tools all together. It is much easier to go farm monsters and collect all the good pieces to make your suits.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fortunately it seems that the new loot has un-complicated crafting a little. Now it's back to the semi-basics of get armor, imbue armor, done. Instead of the craft armor out of this exact material, craft it with kits by reforging, imbue it, use forged tool on it, add refinements to it, hope you didn't screw up and have to do it all over again.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fortunately it seems that the new loot has un-complicated crafting a little. Now it's back to the semi-basics of get armor, imbue armor, done. Instead of the craft armor out of this exact material, craft it with kits by reforging, imbue it, use forged tool on it, add refinements to it, hope you didn't screw up and have to do it all over again.
Yeah, but all the cool kids seem to be doing it. What the heck do I know? :confused:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats incorrect. I have boxes full of 150 pieces from all 3. Ill use bronze rarely and anything above that goes towards making killer shields.
You must've used more than just the "Powerful Reforge" option then, like Powerful Reforge+Structural Reforging+Fundamental Reforging. I had reforged 200-300 pieces of armor each with DC, Shadow, Copper, Bronze then Gold Runic on TC with Powerful Reforging when helping a friend determine what Runic he needed to reforge 150 Luck. Didn't get the 150 Luck until i used Gold Runic.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
DC, Shadow and Copper cannot reforge 150 Luck. Even before the stealth nerf to reforging with the recent Publish.
I concur and this has been my experience as well.

Others have claimed that's it still possible and that's it's simply the RNG.

Shennagins by the powers that be methinks.:frown2:

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Devs. pls, return our craft! With new loot system, it is simple madness. I want make something , but very pity lose so much runics. =(((