• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging Question

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I know it's technically a craft question but it's usually easier to get an answer here.

Basically I want to know if it's possible and how to reforge 10 Stamina on stone pieces, preferably with as few or no other mods.

Is it possible to do this?

&

Which runic with which settings would I need?

Thanks

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I've never tried it, but it should work just like metal armor. IE: Copper hammer, non-powerful, animated/haste. Only problem is: a smith can collect copper hammers at will. Copper mallet and chisels are somewhat more difficult to come across.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Great thanks.

Hm, which other settings should be on? Structural? Fortified? Fundamental? Integral? Grand? Inspired? Exalted?

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
With copper all you need is whatever the thing that lets you choose 1 title is, so should be 3 charges. 1 for the basic, and 2 for choosing the title.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Well just burned through all of Atlantics Copper and got no 10 Stam at all :(

Seems stupid they only have 10 charges.

Will any of the other chisels work?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Only 10 charges? Wow... I would have expected a rate similar to getting 100 HML/HLL on a broadsword AKA 1 in 10 or so, so I guess getting 1 piece with 10 stam per 3 or 4 tools would be pretty reasonable success rate. So if you used 50 or 60 charges and got nothing, that's also not terribly surprising.

Can be done with shadow, but then you need brittle. Anything > copper, you'll get other mods 100% of the time.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure I'm not doing this right.

With Shadow I was only getting 8 Stamina. With Copper I'm getting multiple mods.

I'm using non powerful, 3 chgs, grand and inspired artifice of haste.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
With copper, have you gotten 10, and another mod? If yes, then something seems to have changed. If no, if you only get 8 and other mods, then you're doing it right. Maybe you're just in a bad stretch?

For instance, have you ever seen a scimitar (or any 3.0 weapon) with 100 H(m/l)L and another mod? Probably not. I am pretty sure getting 10stam works the same.

With shadow, you need to use the brittle tag to get 10 stam, so I assume that's a non-starter for 99% of people; but it may be substantially less likely to get 10 even in this case. Since so few people try, there's little evidence one way or the other.

Have you tried on TC? I tried to log in there the other day to play with masteries, and I have no clue what shard is on there at the moment; but at the very least you should be able to test this.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Yeah been on TC just now. It seems Copper is the way to go (there's no chisels but assume it's the same as hammers), I could get 10 Stam with another mod. Powerful didn't help, nor did using 4 charges on Grand etc.

I'm not sure it's going to work anyway tbh, I need 10 Stam, 6-7 LMC, 8 Mana, possibly HP, and resists on 4 pieces to take 43/1/15/21/15 to all 70's.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am pretty surprised that copper gives you 2 mods. At least with weapons, it is pretty rare for copper to give you 1 over-capped (but at the reforge cap) + another mod. I wouldn't expect powerful to help, but in fact to go the other way, making it more likely to get a 2nd mod.

It's going the wrong direction as far as economizing charges, but trying 2 titles with animated/haste + one of the mage groups and hope you get a piece that's 10 stam and 4 LMC or something, then just imbue over top of it, or choose defense as the 2nd and hope for a resist you're OK with.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if I can suggest......start looping the primal lich spawn in the abyss....people pull 10 stam stone legendary garg pieces with regular frequency....

it will still take a while....but so will the stone chisel way

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I got all the pieces but to my annoyance I had factored in reliance on enhancing all the pieces with Agapite, forgetting that the amulet is Jewelery and won't gain resists.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate it when I have a perfectly good plan...expend effort and resources to bring it to fruition only to discover my error near the end! I feel for you