• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Reforging Question... Runic Weights?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... so I've seen the charts that semmerset has posted etc & it appears to me that the various runics each have a specfic numerical weight that they draw on when you reforge something.... It also makes sense that the various Reforging options ...powerful / Brittle etc then Modify this base weight.
For example..... If I'm trying to make a 45% Velocity Soul Glaive what's the best way to go about it ??? & WHY is that the best way ? I know

Powerful
Inspired
Exquisite / Quality

will get you 45% Velocity, but what I wasn't sure about is if selecting further options like

Sublime
Haste

(Haste just makes it more likely the 2-3 properties of a Copper Runic produce useful Mods, but I don't know how that effects the WEIGHT of the Velocity Mod etc...)

Does this Make it less likely or impossible to get 45% Velocity? There's information here that I've seen a few hints of but not really mentioned beyond that.

Anyone? Actually... anyone able to translate for Semmerset, bc she definately knows, but it's not been explained clearly.

Thx in Advance.

PS.. You also speak waaaaaay more english than I do Japanese Semmerset = ).

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Runic have weight points,and property too.

2012y09m04d_221444253.jpg

Velocity weight point,40% 100 point,45% 160 points.
SSI is 30% 80,35% 120,40% 140 points.

You want 45% velocity and over cap ssi,it need 260 or 300 points.
So copper runic is impossible.(no structural and no fundamental)
By the way,bronz runic can,but sometime add other property,and other property have points :(
Its very hard way.

If you want 30 ssi,you make 45% velocity for copper runic.(1 word choice)
And you imbuing add 30 ssi.

I hope better my english day by day,ty for my friends!

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK don't know where to begin because you just totally confused me.....

1st...

"Velocity weight point,40% 100 point,45% 160 points.
SSI is 30% 80,35% 120,40% 140 points."

Where or how do you know this because your obviously not talking about imbuing weights.. The "weight" of Velocity is 1.4 so 50 Velocity for imbuing purposes is 140 weight. Can you explain where or what your referencing with your numbers? SSI has a weight of 1.1 so 30% SSI for imbuing is 110 weight out of your 500 max weight for imbuing... So confused... I'd as what the numbers in your chart mean but I think once you answer this question they might become more clear...

Thx.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Runic weight point different imbuing weight.
So ex. 30 ssi is 80 reforging points, however imbuing weight is 110 reforging weight.
So first you think only reforging and next you change thinking for imbuing.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gah..... Thats an answer I didn't want to hear...... Am I correct in assuming everything you've posted (charts / #'s / etc) is all from statistical information gathered from Reforging & looking at what popped out? I find it ridiculous that the DEV's would have 2 systems in place dealing with the same stuff ex... item properties yet have 2 different weights attached to each poperty..

You just said that each Runic hammer has various "Reforging Weights" & that the Reforging options modify that said "weight pool" & that each ITEM property will have a attached "Reforge Weight"... Really?? If that's the case it's nice that your charts show the the Maximum's but as it is for imbuing I'd rather know the "Reforging weight" of various properties because then you simply look at how much "Reforging Weight" a given Runic has & you know what's possible etc.. Anyway, I'll have to do some data collecting myself I think. Did you attempt to put "Reforging weights" in terms of Imbuing weights??? I'm wondering if it's alot more simple when done that way though I'd have to collect alot of data first.. Anyway, I don't mean to be rude I'm honestly just annoyed if the system REALLY is this complex because it doesn't have to be lol.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last edited:

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we cross reference the charts in this thread we can figure out the weights of each property, yes?

dull copper runic + powerful = 30 ssi
60+20=80 :thumbup:

dull copper runic + fundamental = 35 ssi
60+60=120 :thumbup:

A dull copper runic + powerful + structural = 40 ssi
60+20+40=120 :facepalm:

Is the dull row in this chart wrong?
http://uo2.stratics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/semmerset4.jpg
Fundamental +60
Stractural +40

If 2 property add ( and use dull runic)
100+20( powerful) + 40( stactual) = 160
Only calculation,it can.(but singl 40 ssi,impossible)
However,add one more property and it is very hard for max(ssi 40) .
And if you use copper runic,very hard.

and my reforging knowledge from japanese web. :D

Last edited:

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Semmerset, any chance we could get the reforging weight of all properties? Or if we could just get the website address, perhaps we could do a bit of translating ourselves and save you more work!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Runic have weight points,and property too.

View attachment 9942

Velocity weight point,40% 100 point,45% 160 points.
SSI is 30% 80,35% 120,40% 140 points.

You want 45% velocity and over cap ssi,it need 260 or 300 points.
So copper runic is impossible.(no structural and no fundamental)
By the way,bronz runic can,but sometime add other property,and other property have points :(
Its very hard way.

If you want 30 ssi,you make 45% velocity for copper runic.(1 word choice)
And you imbuing add 30 ssi.

I hope better my english day by day,ty for my friends!
I know this is old.. But why does Velocity go from 100 points to 160 because of the 5% increase? I am currently trying to reforge this, and want to weight out my properties. I could only seem to get the 40%. Also, is it possible to get 50%?