• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Reforging Hit Spell on ranged weapons.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello fellow crafters. I'm curious to hear if any of you have had success in reforging hit spells on ranged weapons recently. I logged onto test this past week and did a pretty large sample size for throwing weapons, and also tried with some bows but I had no luck with Vicious/Slaughter. Test Center is down at the moment as I was going to test some more with other weapons, so I figured I'd ask here as well before I update my previous bug report on Boomerangs, or create a new thread to include this potentially larger issue.

From what I'm seeingVicious/Slaughter appears to just add HCI, and any other mod is a random pick like always. If you have the time or already are aware of this please let me know so I can submit this again, or maybe better yet learn that I've just been incredibly unlucky... *Sigh* Heh.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I dont have a answer for you but I was looking through the reforging how to thread and it looks like others where having the same problem!? mys uggestion would be to wait and try some other things on tc when it comes back! or maybe someone with more info will post here! I really do not have that much experience with reforging to help!

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While this reply is definitely delayed because it took some time for Test Center to come back up and for me to have the free time, I wanted to say thanks for the response Storm, that's exactly what I ended up doing.

After further testing on TC1 it does appear that Ranged weapons are primarily rolling HCI from Vicious/Slaughter. I say primarily because out of the hundreds of weapons made I actually got one bow that had 70 damage increase and 3 hit point increase only. Strangely enough it was only 1 out of 2 from all the melee and ranged weapons combined that ever rolled a damage increase bonus. There was still no hit spells on ranged weapons, but crafting melee weapons this time confirmed it is possible from Vicious/Slaughter in that specific category. It should be noted if you intend to do so for melee weapons it is quite difficult and be prepared to spend a lot of charges, or hope to get really lucky.

I think I'll be adding onto my previous bug report now, even though at the same time I'm still kind of hoping I'm wrong.