• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging DI on an except weapon???

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my problem:

With a Copper hammer+Slaughter/Powerful reforging you can get DI70 on a non except weapon (I would say about 10% chance), or DI60 if you don't use Powerful reforging.

Now, when I try to do the same on an Except weapon, it doesn't seem to roll DI at all, probably(?) because it already has 40 DI from Except.
So, is it even possible to reforge DI (obviously over 40) on an except weapon without having to remove the DI40 from except with a whetstone first? (which is of course not reasonable considering you would need statistically at least 10 whetstones)

More precisely, I am wondering if:
1) I have been extremely unlucky in my attempts?
2) The reforging system try to stack the DI from reforging and the one from exceptional crafting? If so, a copper hammer would likely be too much, but I have tried with a DC hammer and it doesn't work any better
3) The reforging system just doesn't roll DI at all if there is already some DI on the weapon? If so, would that be a bug?

My gut feeling is that this is a bug, that noone has seen before because there was virtually no point of trying to reforge a DI60 or DI70 weapon, but now with the new imbuing cap of 600 on 2-handed weapons, this becomes a problem.

If I am right, that means you can't reforge DI at all without any kind of runic tool if there is already the DI40 from exceptional crafting. I believe the Whetstone of Enervation was designed to allow to remove the DI for spellchanning weapons to leave space for imbuing, not as a prerequisite to have a small chance of reforging the DI property.

Thanks for any insight you can provide...