• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting *Reforging bug* False ''DCI Weight'' when reforging on ranged

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As you can see in this picture I am going to imbue the third mod Spell Chann on this ''Reforged'' repeating crossbows with ''Aegis'' category to get the DCI.
Bug DCI reforging weight.jpg
IT Should weight 280 Total for Spell Channeling (100 weight) + 35 DI (70 weight) + 25 DCI (which is 110 weight on ranged like it always did.

But instead it weight 353 so where does that 73 weight comes from ??? that means 25 DCI on bow when reforged weight 183 instead of 110?
I noticed the same when reforging 30-35% DCI on ranged bows but even worse, example :
On a Reforged Repeating crossbow with 35% DCI, the 35 dci alone was weighting 256 weight instead of weighting 154... so I found out that it was calculating DCI like if it was on a melee weapon (110 weight for 15% DCI).
Conclusion, Misk you need to send a report for a bug when reforging dci on ranged weapons, if you imbue 25 DCI it weights 110 but if you reforge the same 25 DCI it must also weight 110 not 183 just because the dci comes from reforging it must not convert into ''melee dci weight'' . Same when reforging 30 and 35 DCI on ranged it calculates all the dci like if it was on a melee weapon but its a ranged and dci on ranged always weighted less than on melee. Please need a fix quick for that weight bug which makes me have no choice but to wait to finish that bow until it get fixed...

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same Issue with Hit Chance Increase reforged on range weapons, and also I think every DCI or HCI at 25%+ on range weapons from loot (shame, covetous and wrong) are also bugged in the same way as the ones reforged...

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't think this is a reforging issue but an imbuing weight issue with all ranged weapons.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes I agree, its more a weight issue than a reforging issue itself, but it still occurs when reforging or on looted range weapons with HCI/DCI which are suposed to have a lesser weight than on melee weapons for these 2 mods. This issue might even create another issue because when reforging from runics or when looted, if the DCI/HCI are weighting more than they are suposed to, that means there is less budget for other mods right? Well It need a fix ASAP please...

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
so I found out that it was calculating DCI like if it was on a melee weapon (110 weight for 15% DCI).
This appears to be occurring for both DCI and HCI. It is affecting re-forged items as well as items obtained from the new loot system in the updated dungeon (Shame, Wrong, Covetous and Despise).

I have submitted a problem report into the system on this issue.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This appears to be occurring for both DCI and HCI. It is affecting re-forged items as well as items obtained from the new loot system in the updated dungeon (Shame, Wrong, Covetous and Despise).

thanks very much for your work Misk, do you expect this issue fixed within next pub as it is kinda major or not?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Any news if this will be fixed ?

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Any news if this will be fixed ?
I have spoken to both Bleak and Kyronix regarding a fix for this issue and I am HOPING that we can resolve the issue in the next publish. I agree that the issue is incredibly inconvenient when trying to reforge ranged weapons or imbuing new loot system ranged weapons.