• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging 40% SSI bows

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to re-template an SSI archer who currently uses an imbued Daiymo Helm. Best way I can see to replace that 10 SSI on the helm is by reforging a 40 SSI bow, inbuing it then enhancing it.

What is the best way to reforge a bow with 40% SSI and a minimum of other pvp-suitable mods? I have gone through this with a reforged dexer suit so am familiar with the mechanics of it all and just want to know what kits and settings would be best for reforging the bow to these specs.

Thanks in advance ppl.

J

Joey Porter

Not sure about the reforge but I always craft it with normal wood to get an exceptional bow. POF. Imbue 30-35 SSI and the other properties I want and then enhance with ash using the forged metal tool.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure about the reforge but I always craft it with normal wood to get an exceptional bow. POF. Imbue 30-35 SSI and the other properties I want and then enhance with ash using the forged metal tool.
I did this the hard way before the Forged Tool came out...blowing up what seemed like 2 out of 3 imbued bows...;p

I believe that it is possible to Reforge 40% SSI on a bow and then add a further 10% through Enhancing as you describe. What I am after is some advice on the Reforging step. If this works, I can then replace the 10% SSI Daiymo Helm for something with better resists and/or mods..such as Mace and Shield for instance. Anyone?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'd like to know also. I'm aiming to use the comp bow and the SSI bonus would come in most handy. I guess its just knowing the right runic tool.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use ash fletcher kits, powerful reforging with the animated of haste package. you have to go through a few, and you will usually get a 2nd property with the 40 ssi, so you have to make them until the 2nd property falls within what you consider to be an acceptable mod. I usually go till I get stam inc, dex, hld, hit spell, mana leech, stam leech, fatigue, or mana drain.

Semmerset has some really valuable spreadsheets out there too as far as what kits to use for what.

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Semmerset has some really valuable spreadsheets out there too as far as what kits to use for what.
Thats awesome...! I am going to try this out now. Will ash work for any of the bows such as composite, heavy, and the elven composite? Also, could you post the link for Semmerset's spreadsheets?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucked out yesterday and made two composite bows with 40SSI where the second property rolled as 70 Cold damage, using an Ash runic kit and Powerful/Animated.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucked out yesterday and made two composite bows with 40SSI where the second property rolled as 70 Cold damage, using an Ash runic kit and Powerful/Animated.
Many thanks Lynk - just what I was looking for. I have found semmerset's spreadsheet a little difficult to get a grasp of but then I probably just haven't stared at them long enough. Just have to find the Ash kits now.,.;p

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use ash fletcher kits, powerful reforging with the animated of haste package. you have to go through a few, and you will usually get a 2nd property with the 40 ssi, so you have to make them until the 2nd property falls within what you consider to be an acceptable mod. I usually go till I get stam inc, dex, hld, hit spell, mana leech, stam leech, fatigue, or mana drain.

Just a random point about bows with high SSI is that leeches decrease with higher SSI. The best affect is to get SSI on your suit and have your weapon the lowest SSI especially since archery leeches are half.

High SSI weapons without leeches are fine though.

-Lorax

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of on the same topic what runic for blacksmithing to get 40 ssi?