• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging 100% elemental and hit fatigue

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am trying to reforge both hit fatigue and 100% elemental onto a weapon. I'm currently using copper runic hammers with powerful vampric and of quality.... I have burned 10 or some 80 charge hammers without getting anything with both the mods required.

Is this the right combination to be using? Or am I just having an unlucky streak here?

Thanks for the help?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I suspect that you end up with a few that are something like 50% elemental and maybe 30% Hit Fatigue.

Here's what we know. To get 100% elemental, you need a shadow hammer with powerful. To get max hit fatigue, you need copper and powerful (I think...since hit fat can't be imbued, we're not quite sure.)

It would stand to reason, then, that in order to get 100% elemental, and maybe 40% HFat, you'd need something like the combination of strength from a shadow hammer + powerful, and a copper hammer + powerful.

My gut says you're just not using a powerful enough hammer. I think you need to use Bronze + Powerful perhaps. The problem here is, that you're all but guaranteed a 3rd property. Now, assuming that you'd want the sword to have something like HML/HLL/HSL too, this isn't an issue - get one of these and then just imbue over the top of it. The problem comes from the numbers.

The odds of getting something that you really like: 100% elemental, 40+% HFat, +small amount of some 3rd prop you wanted anyway get really small. It may still take you a ton of charges, but now of bigger hammers. Even if Coppers could do it, the logic says that if you get 1 HFat with 50% intensity per 10 tries, and you get 1 weapon at 100% elemental per 10 tries, then getting 1 with HFat + 100% elemental should be roughtly 1 in 100. Since you're using 6 charges per use, having burned ~800 charges doesn't seem crazy.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This is actually my biggest gripe with Reforging. Once you get above Copper hammers, the hammers become less and less useful because, you get too many properties, and the odds of getting something useful become so small as to become prohibitive. If there's a 1 in 1000 chance that an valorite hammer can give you the "perfect" gorgot or whatever, it's basically a non starter, as for the normal person collecting 6000 charges (400 hammers) of valorite hammers is prohibitive.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After talking with a friend, we figured out the solution is to use a copper hammer with powerful and use exquisite and vampiric to get a weapon with 40% hit fatigue and a 30/70 split on elemental damage. After that you then enhance it to get it to the 100% elemental damage of your choosing.(Can only be fire/cold/energy to enhance to 100%)

You also have to move the weapon in your pack after enhancing it, as there is a bug where the correct elemental damage doesn't show up right away.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Have you confirmed that this works by actually producing the weapons?