• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting Reforged Bows not getting any hit spells

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reforging bows on my home shard without success, I went to the TC. I got the same result there:
None of the reforged bows were getting any hit spells (area, harm, lighning, fireball). I tried with choosing the Vicious/Slaughter package and without with various options.
There seemed to be an additional bug with it: The tool tip of the package said, that it can be choosen for armours with up to an oak runic and for weapons with any runic. I was able to choose with an ash runic but not with a heartwood runic for bows.
What makes me guess, that theres is a bug working, was, that i wasnt getting any hit spells even when i did only reforge one/none package with a heartwood runic. Those should have been appeared at least randomly. (I have done 'only' around 200 reforges, but i doubt, that I could be that unlucky, that i wasnt getting ANY of them.)

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thats because you cant get more than 50% hit spells on ranged weapons. So reforging is useless here since you can imbue 50%. Some stats cant be on ranged weapons like -15 mage weapon or enhance potions. sSame with 60% and 70% hit spells : not possible on ranged...

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thte tooltips dont give hints for that.
Aside from that, i was speaking of not getting any hit spell effects on greater reforged bows. Those are getting too many mods to be imbued afterwards.
It seems further, that bows dont get any hit spell effects that were generated with the new loot generator. Thought I have to admit that hunting for 2 hours without any of those effects on ranged weapons doesnt give enough looted items to confirm, that they dont drop. I am going to further look out for them and will correct me, if i should find one.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, strangly, the hit area effects along with the hit spells cannot spawn on ranged weapons by reforging or new loot generator. I can understand for not having 60-70% hit lightning, for example, on bows because it would be too powerful, so it might be that reason you wont see these stats by reforge or new loot generator because 50% you can already imbue and more than that would be too powerful from what I understand.

edit: well the hit area effect should spawn by reforge or new loot on bows, I mean I wouldnt see a problem for a bow having 70%cold area since its pratically only for pvm purposes and you can have it on melee weapons so why not bows. You could make a suggestion for that in the Ask the Devs Forums.

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
None of the reforged bows were getting any hit spells (area, harm, lighning, fireball).
I have confirmed that neither hit spell effects nor hit area effects are currently available on ranged weapons through reforging or the new loot system. I have submitted a problem report into the system on this issue.