• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Refinement

Tamerok

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no experience with refinements, but I want to try and make a all 70 suit into an all 75 suit lowering DCI, what refinements do I need? Where do I purchase an Amalgamator? I am going to be using a Woodland suit. If anyone has done this could you post the steps start to finish, or point me to a thread that already contains this info, I haven't been able to find any on it.

Thanks

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The amalgamator is a reward from clean up brit. You need cleanup points to get one.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Unless you have mis-spoken, what you want to do is simply not possible. If you have an already complete suit of all 70s, you cannot simply "make it into" 75s.

You have to craft a suit of all 75s, then you can refine it to raise your resist caps to allow the extra 5 to be used. You also need to collect a bunch of refinements of invuln, since most pieces will need to be refined a few times before you get lucky and roll the 5 mod refinement instead of 4.

Tamerok

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found the amalgamator thing, Thanks for the help there, also finally found a write up on what refinements do, and yes raise the resist cap is what I'm shooting for, suit will be made once I figure this out, Thanks again

Tamerok

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok so if I'm shooting for Invuln varnish to hit a 5 mod refinement and it hits a 4 mod, do I have to craft a new piece of armor and start all over or can I reapply on the same piece and try for the 5 mod again? Do I have to have 5 DCI on that armor piece , or does it just reduce my overall DCI cap? Also, say I raise PHYS resist cap by 5 on one piece of armor, can I raise the Fire resist cap by 5 on the same piece of armor, or does it have to be a different piece?

Thanks

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Same piece, I think there's a 1 in 6 or 7 chance to get the 5 mods.

Reduced the overall cap, so don't need DCI on the armor at all.

I am pretty sure you can only apply 5 total mods to any 1 piece of armor. I only fiddled on TC a bit, but didn't try that.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can apply refinement several times on the same armor piece (there is no limit). But every time you override the effect of previous refinement.

You can raise any res by 1 per piece. You can't raise a res by 2+ on one piece. But you can raise several resists by 1 on the same piece.