• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Refinement

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read a couple threads here and on UO Forums. I still don't get it. Is there anyone who can explain how to get 75 physical and 75 fire on a studded leather suit?

I have Cure of Protection; Armor type Hide; Bonus type Reinforced and Cure of Hardening; Hide; Reinforced.

I have no clue where to go from here.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well, I think you need armor type studded leather, not hide...

Also, you are going to need more/better refinements.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So get studded leather, not hide. Ok.

More? So is it 1 refinement per resist/dci? IE 1 cure of hardening = +1 phys resist -1 dci?

I've been away for a couple years so I'm truly a noob at this....

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, there are different refinements for plate, chain, ring, studded samaurai, samaurai plate, studded, woodland, hide, dragon, garg stone, and garg plate. I think I am missing one, pretty sure there are 12...

You for sure need the right one.

Then there are different levels, with Invulnerability being the best. So if you have X of defense, you only get 1 pt of resist, and 1 pt of dci. If you have of invuln, its 5 and 5. I believe 1 piece can only be refined 1 time, so you need either more refinements, and will apply small ones to your whole suit, or you need bigger ones, and will only apply to 2 pieces...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I suggest reading the refinement thread on this website... it has more details.