• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Redoing my Sampire Weapons

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its been along time since I have redone my weapons. With the new loot change I have been hunting all different spots, so I think its time to remake aton of new weapons.... The joys of being a Crafter :heart:...

I want to go overboard with making my new weapons. I want to make ones for all different situations and all types of hunts: Shame, Doom, other dungeons, bosses, champs, specific monsters, ect and ect...
I want to do my next set right and have some very nice weapons.

My question is what do you guys bring with you on certain hunts? Is their a certain weapon you like using on certain spawns? example using a 100% fire weapon on Lady Mel, things of that nature...

I have tons of bods so runics are not a problem..
I can reforge for any type of weapon and imbue after.
I can make capped reforge items...
I can make 100% fire/poison/energy/cold weapons if needed...

So help me re-equip him with a nice set of new deadly tools...
I have some ideas and have about 15 weapons allrdy on the list to make
But I need some more ideas! If have any feel free to post here =)

My guy is Sampire that uses Swords. Right now mostly use radiant for WW and Longsword for AI..

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sampire carries a set of super slayer bladed staffs and I'm currently working on double axes at the moment.

Usually mods are as follows:

100% elemental OR 100% HML

HSL
HLL
SLAYER
DAMAGE INCREASE

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sampire carries a set of super slayer bladed staffs and I'm currently working on double axes at the moment.

Usually mods are as follows:

100% elemental OR 100% HML

HSL
HLL
SLAYER
DAMAGE INCREASE
I run blade staffs and double axes....I have a complete set of super slayer of each type.. I run 20-30 ssi per weapon which let's me still get 50-60 hml, Di,..and then usually HSL . I have tried some 100 hml blade staffs but find them slow. For that reason I think 100hml weapons need hll on them as well.
Recently got 100% cold demon slayer daisho ...incredibly deadly against some opponents .
I try to keep hll off my pvm weapons....that is why I have VE.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean a bit slow mate? How much stamina and SSI do you have on your suit?

I run 190 stamina with 5ssi on my ring which means I'm max swing speed (with bladed) and don't need SSI on my weapon.

I added the HLL as I had a free mod. I would of added HLD but I have this on glasses. I also run in vamp form.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I had something really long typed out, but it was largely off topic.

I AI on 90% of the swings I take with my broad/long swords, so I don't bother with 100% elemental.

My typical broadsword:
100 HML (reforged),
(super) slayer,
HSL,
DI,
HLD - at some point I was planning to ditch the Mace and Shield, just never actually did it yet.

I run 5% SSI on my shield, and >180 stam, so with 120 Chiv and DF, I'm swinging 1.25s. I've just acuired some usable SSI jewelry though. My suit is 4x studded, 1 plate, glasses.

I made a kinda cheap full metal suit to check the better stam loss cancelling. I like it - to go along with it, I made a longsword where I reforged to >100% HML, and then imbued 15 SSI instead of the HSL.

I find the swap from from broad -> long to be... well it depends what you're fighting. Against something that only takes 3/4 hits to kill, it probably makes very little difference. I do 12 more damage per swing this way, so against something that takes a lot of hits to kill, I guess it's worthwhile, but even still, against something like a UEV, it saves me maybe 12-15 swings.

So I think my optimal configuration is Broadsword:
100 HML, slayer, HLA, HLD , DI.

Darnit - got long winded again. This time I stayed better on topic.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt think it was possible to put 100 HML and 15 ssi on the same weapon

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean a bit slow mate? How much stamina and SSI do you have on your suit?

I run 190 stamina with 5ssi on my ring which means I'm max swing speed (with bladed) and don't need SSI on my weapon.

I added the HLL as I had a free mod. I would of added HLD but I have this on glasses. I also run in vamp form.
I only run 155 stam so I need a little SSI on my blade staffs to hit max SS

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just be careful with any crafting involving reforging. There are some reports of improper max values since pub 87 went live. Just test on TC first before you use runic charges on a Prodo shard.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I didnt think it was possible to put 100 HML and 15 ssi on the same weapon
It depends on the weapon, but it is definitely possible. I have a longsword with 100 HML and 15SSI. The max leech property is [(weaponspeed * 2500) / (100+SSI)]. So for a 2s weapon with no ssi, that is 5000/100 = 50%.

BUT.

As I discussed in another thread reforge puts > 100 intensity on the HML, even though it may only SHOW 100. If you take a 3.5 second weapon, normally you can imbue 87% HML if you have 0 SSI. But lets say you reforge that weapon to have 133% intensity, that means you'll have a weapon that has 116% HML, even though it only displays 100%. Now when you imbue the SSI on there, HML stays at 100% until you get to 15 (at which point you've got 101). Now if you imbue to 20 SSI, you'll be down at 96% HML. INterestingly, if you imbue SSI back down to 15, then the HML goes magically back up to 100 displayed.

In theory, I guess you could roll a 150% reforgeing modifier to HML which would then give you 130 true HML. Then you put a whopping 30 SSI on the weapon, factored in with 10 on a shield and 5 on a jewel, and 15 from Divine Fury, you'd be able to swing a 3.5s weapon at 1.25s ... while only needing 120 stamina, and still being able to leech 100%.

I suspect such a sword would sell for many many millions.