• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Redirected at Stratics home page?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the second time i've been redirected to a "Shockwave Player" update at the stratics home page. The download bar says that the download may be dangerous to my computer, so I close out the page.

Is this a hack, bug, or legit?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's likely either a shady Ad, or unfortunately it may be an infection on your PC.. So let me ask some questions!

1. Are you using an Ad-blocker
  2. When you get redirected is there an entry showing up in your Browser History.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's likely either a shady Ad, or unfortunately it may be an infection on your PC.. So let me ask some questions!

1. Are you using an Ad-blocker
  2. When you get redirected is there an entry showing up in your Browser History.
1. I don't know what an ad-blocker is, but I have McAfee internet security active.
2. I don't know how to check my browser history.

sorry for being unable to provide helpful information.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
FYI: Is probably this as it forced me to update as well... but NOT from the Adobe site which is bad juju.
upload_2016-9-14_18-45-6.png

I went to adobe, updated the player, and no more warning. Try that.

FYI to admins: should check the source site for credibility, and ask them WHY they are not redirecting their flash updates directly to Adobe instead of going through some other party. Bad juju.