• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Redirect on mobile device

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the last couple days every time I load a forums link here on stratics on my iPhone I get a redirect that opens the App Store. I don't get the redirect on the regular game sections of stratics or from any other websites, just here on the forums.

Anyone else seeing this? Since it is only the forums it makes me think it is not specific to my device.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

T

Tazar

The I-phone is suggesting an app called "TapTalk" that is used with most forum software for viewing and posting on forums. Just reload the page and you should see the forums normally.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Tapatalk for all my forum browsing on my iPhone and iPad and highly recommend it. Much easier to navigate than some of the native forum formats out there that don't have mobile versions.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The I-phone is suggesting an app called "TapTalk" that is used with most forum software for viewing and posting on forums. Just reload the page and you should see the forums normally.
It is not the tap talk app. I get the notification for that app once each time my phone resets and decline it. This redirect is taking me to an app for a game called candy crush. It passes through several URL before it closes the browser, but this is the URL that is left before it jumps to the App Store.
Adtrak.king.com/modules/adTracking/adClicked.jsp?type=ad&st1=hitfox&st2=candycrushsaga&st3=US&st4=&st5=aff_lsr&st6=10238e629b13ba8520fc89957da7f1&link=http://smarturl.it/candycrushsaga

T

Tazar

It is not the tap talk app. I get the notification for that app once each time my phone resets and decline it. This redirect is taking me to an app for a game called candy crush. It passes through several URL before it closes the browser, but this is the URL that is left before it jumps to the App Store.
Adtrak.king.com/modules/adTracking/adClicked.jsp?type=ad&st1=hitfox&st2=candycrushsaga&st3=US&st4=&st5=aff_lsr&st6=10238e629b13ba8520fc89957da7f1&link=http://smarturl.it/candycrushsaga
Strange. I am testing it on an I-phone 5 and not seeing the issue coming up. I wonder if there is a Stratics Ad for the game that you are accidentally hitting when you load the page or something. I am kind of new to the I-phones so not really sure what else to suggest.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Could you be touching an ad?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could you be touching an ad?
Definitely not touching the ad. It happens on every page of every forum at stratics. Even if I just hit the page refresh button on this page it jumps to the redirect.

The actual urls it passes through go very quick and it goes through at least 3 of them. I tried grabbing a screenshot but can get it fast enough to get the first URL. The attached is the second hop of the redirect. image.jpg

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
k, one other question: when did it start?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The first I noticed it was yesterday morning.
Okay, but not before? I ask because we added a new advertiser on Sunday.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, but not before? I ask because we added a new advertiser on Sunday.
I don't think I tried to access stratics on the phone over the weekend, so it could have started then and I wouldn't have noticed.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Okay, thank you.