• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Redeemer

G

Not seen a price for these yet. They take several hours (perhaps days for some people) to get enough books for one and the event duration is unknown. Perhaps 10M?

K

Kurgan

Um perhaps no.. Since people can get these really easy now. The price should not be 10mill.. Thats just whacked..
A fair guess would be maybe 500-1mill..
As many people are staying all day getting books to turn in. I am guessing that within a week, almost everyone will have a few of these..

C

Caldazar20202

those are worht 250k-1m 1m=TOPS i found enough books on the ground at luna one day to get 1 lol

P

prison bound

<blockquote><hr>

how do you get all these?

[/ QUOTE ]

ill second this question and also ask what the redeemer is

T

The Gods H^I

Ahh a ressurrected post.

These were an Event Item given out when you could get "Books of Truth" off of creatures roaming sosaria for a time about 5-6 months ago. It is a Double Slayer sword with new graphic and I think some DI on it. In the end it was too slow to be more useful than many weapons today. I belive the slayers were Deamon/Undead if I remember correctly. I have one in my stores but I'm not sure exactly where

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are repairable, but cannot have PoF used on them.

They used the 2-handed Paladin Sword graphic added way before AoS, IIRC, that was never used for a player weapon before.

they are 55% DI and undead/Demon slayer. Base Damage is 20-24.

They absolutely ROCK on the Dark Father. I was doing over 250 to the DFs with one, with the help of a friend's beetle. Plus, you can trigger whirlwind special move on it to clear out the mass of undead from the unholy bones, if they start interfering with your fight (pretty much 1-hit kills on everything with Lich HP or less - LLs take 2-3 hits if you are EoO on the DF).

Sure, it's a slow weapon - but it's slayer against EVERYTHING you'll face in a DF fight (and all but one of the rooms, but I switch to other slayers in the rooms to preserve the durability of the Redeemer) - and remember the whirlwind. And, the slow nature can save your life. Most of the time, if a DF blood oaths me, the slower swing speed gives me the opportunity to disarm or back off before I commit suicide-by-oath. I die 1/10 as much now using the Redeemer as I used to do even using a 15% SSI broadsword. Using a UBWS dagger or kryss was certain death, so I put those away when the DF got the ability to oath, after one trip to Doom.

S

simpleton

can someone explain how to repair this?
it won't take deeds,
and i thought it may be handy for the invasion!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think this was the first of the "non-repairable" arties...so I don't think it can be repaired.