• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reddit poster augustwemust: Crafting Materials Interactive Map Update

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reddit poster augustwemust has posted an update for the crafting materials for Guild Wars 2 with an interactive map. Perfect timing since the BWE3 starts tomorrow.

Excellent work and Guild Wars 2 Stratics thank’s augustwemust for his contribution to the GW2 community.

The Guild Wars 2 Crafting Materials Interactive Map Update

This is a map that shows node location, and materials drop locations on an interactive map with crowd-sourcing.

Since I last posted about the announcement of this map, many users have taken interest and actually started using the map for node placement. Just a reminder – You only have to register on the map if you want to contribute and add markers.

I wanted to give an update of where the map currently is in development, and get a bit more feedback on some features you crafter’s map be looking for.
If you would like to help admin the map please contact me.
Map Link

Current Features:
  • View / Toggle Materials – This is the basic feature of the map, you do not need to register to use this function
  • Add and Save Material “markers” – Add Materials along with a short description. The “Gatherable” materials from the wiki have all been added, if you see something that’s missing please let me know!
  • Bug Reporting – This will really help me get this map nice and ready for game release – please play around and break things.
  • Flag Marker – If you feel a marker is incorrect, flag it for an admin’s removal.
Planned:
  • An easy way for folks to link directly to a marker.
  • Differentiate between Farm Types.
  • Add a marker for Vendors and list what they sell for crafting/cooking etc…
  • Cleaning Up the UI & menu’s still a WIP
Changelog:

Current Version:

Alpha 2.0

Server Status
Good.

Thanks for your supportPlease leave feedback below and I’ll reply to what I can.

Map Link

Community