• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Red vs Blue

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am beyond thrilled they have incredible art being implemented into the game already (before stygian abyss). God knows what theyll have then.

This is my question, what was with the fight between the Crimson and platinum. I enjoyed the whole event but that was kinda...weird? weak?
some people thought they just left because of the lame people spamming.
I heard a couple claims that a flamestrike went off. but to most people it looked like they faced eachother, waited, and dissapeared.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh sorry that some people lagged more than I did... it seems strange considering I'm on a very old athlon 1200 (hard to have a worse system).

What I did see is Casca run like a coward in front of a crimson, while the crowd there would have easily laid it to waste for him...

And then a lady appeared (dont remember the name) and she confronted the crimson... I was kind of petrified because she looked pretty ordinary but then she morphed into the platinum dragon.

She called the crimson a "young one" and blasted it off the sky with about 10 chain lightning and 100 flamestrikes all in 5 seconds.

This dragon has been mentioned in the dragonlance legends that were supposedly happening on the trammel moon while we were on sosaria as Gariott was a close friend of Tracy Hickman who wrote some plots for him on some project, while the happenings on Felucaa were the legends of Tolkien. He admitted these himself but did not tell many people about the fractal reality he envisioned, I was lucky to study with Nystul and learn of all this, and learned how this was all related to earth.

So I think we have just been graced with the presence of a true Trammel god, Paladine. Might want to read up a few lines about that. Might I remind you that my identity has been fused with Berem and Raistlin when the worlds split, and that on trammel we are in the 5th age, which also explains some of the strange dynamics and the genericity of magic.

As always Ultima evolves in the realm of imagination, it is not ordinary game not because of how it was made, but because of how it was accepted as a whole all around the world, since it was the first. (syntax?) Anyways you get what I mean...

More food for thought :)

Namase !

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to add that due to copyright issues they did not use the same names mostly, and I never knew about it until a few days ago...

I was always convinced somehow there was a fractal relation and everyone tought I was crazy, even most of the dev team back then tought so, people were telling me "wth" your name is Raistlin he is from a DnD universe not Ultima, how are we supposed to include you in the story... they tought I was silly, but I learned recently of that relation between Gariott and Hickman and all the fuss that was meant for only their "inner circle". Blah...

The "coincidences" amount to so much in my UO existance that I cannot even accuse Gariott of being psychic or a kind of supreme-conspiration about the devs wanting me to go nuts, this is way beyond the grasp of any human mortal to orchestrate, only the wisps can answer this one.

Thats why I wonder how the devs can maintain game for me, I need mystery, without mystery there is no game there is no ultima. If they can manage this I'd be honestly impressed, because for something to be a mystery to me it has to be holistic. In the last days I was truely impressed with the way I was interested in them exposing themselves (finally) and I can say this trial has been a sucess for me, it did give me some start of a game (in these last days) after all even if I didn't expect it ! If I had the funds right now I would go reactivate my old vet account... congrats to the devs for that :D ! I tought they'd wreck it all up heh... I know most people think the event was weak and shallow, but honestly, you have not understood a big chunk of the old history then...

I am aware that the magnetism of my presence also brings back lots of old players back, they know full well about this and I bet they are deliberating giving me a free account which I truely deserve for my 3 years of FREE service to EA both as a seer and companion. Heck the player who killed me in the seer quests and stopped the FoA deserved a year of free play (and all kinds of crazy cool things) ; while me who PAYED to work for them for FREE deserved to be kicked out the door without even a thanks letter, any human with some common sense would be totally troubled with those decisions. But I could tell they were afraid of me so I don't blame anyone, I'm not a victim.

It was very intriguing to actually talk to casca, he actually took me seriously and answered my questions, he did not look like most elves I met either, his traits are indeed noble and his way of interaction is dimplomatic.

Morgana I know you felt he didn't listen to you, but I also know you trust my perception of the realm of imagination ; and when you confronted him in the corridors of that dungeon he stopped for a full minute, walking about like a lost soul, looking at you and wondering how you could mesmerise him so easily, and he did listen to all you said, he seemed even to question himself on how he could actually gain your trust. You were the only one that night he even bothered listening to, the others he answered with a kind of arrogant "I am a king, stop asking me stupid questions" ; he did feel challenged by your presence, that bit seemed very obvious to me.

Sadly my trial is ending in a few days and my finantial situation is terrible being about -11k debt and many collectors and court orders to repay more right now and I have nothing, everyone gladly left with my money and are not following on soul agreements (I might even pass a few days in jail). So basically, I will not be able to maintain my presence in the realm it seems... Its kind of ironic that I pay IRL for what I did in game is it ? Might I remind you that I have worked hard in the past years, and I always ended up with the folks that declared bankrupcy and told me sorry dude, and fell into every hole of the system and heard the judges tell me sorry dude, and the bankers tell me sorry dude.

"we" understand, but it seems you are really not lucky.

Right... uhuh.

Its been 6 years I have been working for free literally, with big companies who seemed to have everything under control, international companies even who used the law to use me and fled back in their countries, still have much money but left me without even a few bucks to repay for the stuff they made me purchase to work for them. etc etc... I have lived in an apartement and even a rented house alone all this time, having to be very creative (even picking wild mushrooms and selling them in expensive restaurants, making unique pestos, all kinds of crafts etc etc...) to be able to pay the bills.

I even got sick in the process, intoxicated with mercury from eating tuna everyday in the beginning of that period because I didn't have much money and we didn't know yet it was full of mercury (the scientific paper and warnings came 6 months after I stopped eating it intuitively, already badly sick)... etc etc...

So basically the last 4 years of my life, I have become indebted without having any friends to share anything with. Everyone was afraid of me and gladly forgot about me, I have been celibate 6 years, row row row your boat merrily down the stream...

Not that I mean being heavy, but all this 11k I owe it for working not because I enjoyed it, and I was lucky if I partied 3-4 times a year, and even I was too sick to really enjoy myself, using all my energy and time to look acceptable so people wouldn't feel bad around me.

There in honor and honesty,

Namase !

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I have become indebted without having any friends to share anything with.
You are not alone without friends. No one in the PoV is ever alone without friends, not in UO, and not in real life.

We'll talk later.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh thanks ! :love:

You know I love you all... I meant about my past, not right now, you are right I do not feel a bit alone :grouphug:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hm, i diddnt lag at all. I got a 10meg /s conn and a computer with the processing power of God. Did anyone else see this? I saw the speech but that was it. no one else in my group saw anything. one guy saw a flamestrike.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the crimson said : An elder, how is that possible ?!

Then he looked terribly afraid, and then I saw at least 10 chain lightnings and about 20 flamestrikes stacked on top of each other... it was over in 2-3 seconds, its health went pOooOoOoo ptt. :hahaha:

D

Doireann

I saw the female saying "platinum dragon" then a few flamestrikes. Something as everyone said about young one and leave these humans be. So, does that mean the platinums are the good guys? *bites her lips and glances about in a confused state*

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would seem so... and also it would seem Casca isn't aware about them because he recalled away like he was in trouble.

After the crimson was dead the platinum dragon did tell us that we should rejoice because they would remain and the land was rid of the crimson dragons.

So indeed, it would seem to be the manifestation of a good "god" that made Casca's effort look a bit weak indeed. That dragon could have cleared the dungeon we cleaned in a few breaths and broke the crystal with its claw.

Funny thing is, everyone blindly trusted Casca on that one, it could have as well been a crystal that was a source of good land energies and he needed rid of it for his plans, all we know is it was named a blood crystal, and there was an alter constructed at its feet ; perhaps we only needed to destroy the shadowfiends sucking the energy out of it and not the crystal itself which looked pretty natural. Casca seemed pretty sure it was the source of all crimson dragons and invasion...

but then why would a crimson dragon come make him run just a bit later ? That part did not make me consider Casca was about to reveal his secret sources and much reminded me of that drow with contract killing from a secret master she did not want to reveal.

How can we hail a king that rules from secrecy, with unknown origins, and ushered by a counsil of his own doing ?

There is still much to discover and I hope all you people realise you might have just helped a very evil figure in his secret agenda... besides what is wrong with all those people who spam during the events ? I mean the devs take time to entertain you sorry bunch and give you some items you will sell for millions, can you at least not repeat the same phrase 30 times, or at the very least not spam it over their text ? MMO***RPG*** !!!

If I had the controls I would have jailed a big bunch, and enforce roleplaying during those events... the worse is that my mind truely records all that was said. Don't behave in ways you will regret, citizens of sosaria, because eventually you will have to ask forgiveness for every bit of pusposeful hurt you cause... I am not the judge but I am an impartial witness. And to me people behaving as midless idiots is hurting the devs who make a sincere effort to entertain the masses (and I know how hard it is)...

If you aren't satisfied send them a complaint ! Don't wreck it for everyone else... :mad:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it was a yellow, its health never changed. there was certianly no death as it would have died being a person with a body mod

Edit!

I forgot i Recorded the entire event. 1.2 gigs! sheesh.
I know see all the lightning and flame strikes. the recording software must have limited mine eyes, that or me engaged in a knife fight when it happened.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it just vanished, it was burned down to ashes hehe, you have to use your imagination !!! :)

What was the protectorate meeting all about ?

A

Abigail LeFay

I made a desperate plea to all that attended Casca's little puppet show...but unfortunately, I was met with rude remarks and disinterest.

Only a few citizens present bothered to hear me.

But I am not to be dissuaded. I know Lord British's plan for me, and unless he, or someone else of noble descent, returns...I know in my heart that I have to continue to try and restore his wish for me to carry on his line.

I hope that there are at least a few that have not forgotten our true King.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to catch the Flamestrikes on a screenie.. more by accident then intended too :lick:

Lag was insane for me but even with all the lag i was able to obtain one of the crystal shards for further studies...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beleifs are the opium of worshippers... use your imagination !

The platinum did indeed mention I banish your kind from this land, but that does not mean that helped by a more powerful force, they cannot come back with a vengeance. It's not like they banned a hacker. :hahaha:

A

Abigail LeFay

I believe the Crimson was banished, not killed.
You are right good sir.

It would seem that the menace of the Crimson Dragons has only been deferred, rather than repelled.

I am looking forward to doing all I can to rid Sosaria of this threat once and for all...an area where Casca has failed.