• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance ,

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YouTube - Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance

After I watched this . . . all I could do was sit here with my mouth open. Just think, he said this forty (40) years ago (1969), and no one had a clue where we would be at today. It is so sad it should make your eyes tear up, or at least hang your head in ...dis-belief, shame, and embarrassment. What a wonderful and worthwhile clip to watch and share

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much the US has chamged and how right he was. Like he knew. Thanks for shariing that :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The greatest joke is:
"Government is the people, and it's from the people to the leaders, not from the leaders to the people."

We're far beyond that, not only in the US. None of the governments of so-called "democracies" represents the will of the people anymore. They only get elected due to a lack of alternative.

Bygones.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Red Skelton is the man. I always enjoyed watching him when I was a kid :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
People have very short term, selective memories, and when we start getting sentimental even those few memories we hold on to become pure fantasy...

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter