• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recycle Soulstones?

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(this is NOT a new idea)

Over the years, I have pickup up soulstones at IDOCS and off vendors in hopes of returning them to their owners if I were ever to find the person - with rare success - .....

Can we get a way to flip these back into a usable item?

Make the fragments a turn-in for Clean Up maybe?

And, maybe, drop a full Soulstone on to a converter to make it usable (and scrubbed of any skill on the stone) for the new owner....

(If a player buys a token and loses it via IDOC, the person that gets that token has the ability to use said token... the money is already in EA/BS coffers, so I'm looking at the soulstones in this light.....)

Thoughts?

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think the current system is working well; if you want, you can turn in activated full soul stones for fairly massive points (15,000 per stone if memory serves). Folks can craft single use stones, there are still some soul stone fragments floating around that have five odd uses, and then they have the full soul stones for sale at the UO store. Seems fairly decent all around.
Cheers!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't ment that way, just that as you say its not a new idea....its been pitched many times and many times the Devs and mesanna has said NOTHING else will be happening to soulstones, what we have now is it.
So to keep dragging these "useless" posts back up just warrants replies like I gave.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of us don't live on Stratics 24/7 or hang on everything that's been said in the past.

I STARTED the thread with saying I knew it wasn't a new idea. Does that mean it's put to bed? It really seems that at this point in the game, a lot of change is happening.

What's it hurt to ask?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think by making them refurbishable they would be cutting into their profits from the sales of new ones. Personally I think it's a great idea just not going to see it happen because of that.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(this is NOT a new idea)

Over the years, I have pickup up soulstones at IDOCS and off vendors in hopes of returning them to their owners if I were ever to find the person - with rare success - .....

Can we get a way to flip these back into a usable item?

Make the fragments a turn-in for Clean Up maybe?

And, maybe, drop a full Soulstone on to a converter to make it usable (and scrubbed of any skill on the stone) for the new owner....

(If a player buys a token and loses it via IDOC, the person that gets that token has the ability to use said token... the money is already in EA/BS coffers, so I'm looking at the soulstones in this light.....)

Thoughts?
Both frags and full SS are worth turn-in pts already.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some shards like ours on Sonoma have great, caring folks (Thank you very much Miri) that have a house(s) devoted to setting up the soulstones so that people that lost them could perhaps recover them. I've personally seen and heard several folks that got their soulstones back after their house dropped and I can tell you, that's a lovely reunion. I think most of our IDOCers on our shard take theirs to that "soulstone graveyard".

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Welcome home old Friend.

*waves Slickjack over to the table and pours him a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red*

I'll have a listen to some more of your ideas. I seem to remember them to be rather articulate.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice if I could recycle my old frags into ingredients for one-shot soulstones

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome home old Friend.

*waves Slickjack over to the table and pours him a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red*

I'll have a listen to some more of your ideas. I seem to remember them to be rather articulate.

Thank you good sir...

I definitely don't want to stir up anything, rather to always seek ways to improve our experience.

Although I didn't play for a while, I never dropped any of my accounts!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What ever happened to the SS graveyard where SS tokens could be turned in so the owners could get them back when they returned

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What ever happened to the SS graveyard where SS tokens could be turned in so the owners could get them back when they returned
Some whiner cried probably about how "unfair" that was and probably since they couldn't get ALL the EMs to do it.... then it was axed likely by the evil one... and so died... sad it was a pretty awesome thing... though I'll say some shards take and fill this slot themselves by making their own SS graveyard ... so if you are on one of those you are lucky...

However since they saw fit to make them worth turn in points... several of them... most will throw them away for points rather than turn them over to another player for safekeeping... sad to say Greed is the new rule of thumb.