• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recurring theme in ealand...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'll moderate the game. I will treat everyone fairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh yes Pit you would fit that criteria. Never had a game suspension, meet the entitlement time.

I'd vote for you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Allowing the bunch of babies that play this game any sort of power would be a complete disaster. It might be funny to watch, but a disaster nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I definitely agree. The guidelines for being able to do this should have to be as strict as they are here......at the very least. Eligible people should have to be over 18 years old, NEVER having been suspended from the game, and have a certain amount of paid time under their belts before even being considered. I say paid time because I don't mean those playing the 90 day game just to keep their sims alive. I'm talking about at least anywhere from 365 to 1095 (1-3 years) ENTILEMENT time. I think that will help alot with the maturity factor, but its not fool-proof of course. The group would still have to be monitored pretty closely and irresponsible behavior handled swiftly for it to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've known of people who have that entitlement time and they bot, and some scam.

I know of people on this very forum who are looked to as community building posters who have botted themselves.

This idea has been visited many times here on stratics in different capacities...
and
Nope I don't think there is anyway for this to work out.
If there are going to be in game monitors they should be contracted under EA and not have any ties to the game so that a judgment could not be called to question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, it isn't fool-proof, but it would help some to have those requirements. As for botting, most of those people have websites, and it isn't difficult to track down the owners of those sites and their IP addresses, so even if they haven't been caught botting and therefore suspended/banned, if EA found one of these bot sites and the IP addresses matched up, this would be an automatic disqualifier too.

But no, I don't agree that the monitors don't have to be players. GMs or monitors of games should be players of the game in my opinion, otherwise their knowledge and effectiveness is not as good, if any good at all. Though you may be right about being under contract. It might be that there's some way to make a contract for the team that would outline all the requirements/responsibilities, and the player have to sign the legally binding documented, stating if they are discovered to be caught doing anything that is against the ToS they'd be dismissed on the spot.....and I don't see why they'd have to be a paid employee of EA for a contract with them to be binding, but I'm not a lawyer so I'd have to research that one. I have seen volunteers sign contracts before, but I'm not sure how it would have held up in court had the people fought it when they were terminated.

Things to think about for sure. All I'm certain of is that something has got to be done, post haste. The things I'm hearing make me believe that EA is indeed aware of the issue, but haven't said anything to make me think there's going to be something implemented in a timely fashion.....more "when we get around to it", which isn't good enough at this point considering all they/we have been doing and giving up to start with a fresh and clean economy. Alot of us have made significant sacrifices for this project, and allowing things to go to hades in a handbasket would totally make those sacrifices for naught. People were pissed off in the first place for having to do it, think how much more they'll be pissed if it turns out to be for nothing.

G

The responses here are so dramatacized.

I have played code and pizza with 4 sims by myself before. I leave the property open too because I don't mind for people to come in, because I have nothing to hide. If they want things, I usually ignore them, or politely tell them I am busy.

Never has hurt my productivity.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I'm scared.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I'm scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to worry, there's always rule #3.....you'll be safe *pats shoulder*.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I'm scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be scared. I wouldn't do anything to you.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I'm scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to worry, there's always rule #3.....you'll be safe *pats shoulder*.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rather pull rule 9.
and carrie, you should be scared.
na..just kidding.
don't worry. Everyone will be treated the same in my book.

G

people who actually care about the bot problem are not the role players who all have mafia names.

i would expect cheating in a free to play game, but not pay to play. you are supposed to expect some level enforcement.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

agreed, having players be the police in the game is the worst scenario. There are those who always *think* theyre right and those who swear they know it all and as many described here they play with lcked doors. just because doors r locked doesn't negate cheating, nor does playing multiple accounts. we've already seen in production cities many innocent sims being reported and this will happen again.. I seriously don't think botting is all that big an issue anymore to be honest..

whats worse is the afkers whgo override the timeout feature and by wrse i mean way overly done.. go to any skill house and my bet is 80% of sims are afk skilling.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some players that have made themselve just that, TSO BOT Police.

There are a few nosey-body paranoid players who have nothing better to do then sit around and guess/assume what people are doing on their lots and then complain about it.

It's pretty lame complaining about pizza and botting because most of the bot houses I have seen or been able to sneak into have used the code machines. I think there is a bit of sour grapes from some folks that there are people making money and they aren't.

Face it, there are going to be players with more money than others. The economy and switches are in place that if an inappropriate amount of money comes into the game, it will be detected and taken care of.

But if I am paying for 4 accounts and wish to play 4 sims on a pizza table in a private pizza house, that should be my business as long as I'm not using 3rd party software.

And like Donovan, if I'm forced to let every Tom-****-Harry in my house when I don't want them there, I'd have to leave to. I think some players need to get a life and learn to go to houses that are actually open and excepting guests.

I think more emphasis needs to be placed on drains such as new content to buy then lowering payouts once again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There are a few nosey-body paranoid players who have nothing better to do then sit around and guess/assume what people are doing on their lots and then complain about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Who?

And to that, what does it matter if thats all they have time for? Are you (plural you) being libeled by these so-called police? From what I have seen, nobody has been labeled as a cheater by name, so I suppose I just fail to see how someone's assumptions are somehow detrimental.

The only detriment that I could see coming from that is if you were cheating, got caught, and were subsequently banned. But since those "police" are just assuming anyhow, everyone they implicate should be exhonerated, right? Or are they all really that innocent?

<blockquote><hr>

Face it, there are going to be players with more money than others. The economy and switches are in place that if an inappropriate amount of money comes into the game, it will be detected and taken care of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. And those should be the players who have successful business ventures, or are always at the money houses. Not the people who lock themselves into houses to use macros (I'm not even in favor of 4 player pizza at this stage in the game's development, but I suppose as long as you're not cheating it's ok).

I guess I look at it from the Stratics RoC perspective. Build the community at all times. By cheating, there is no community building - and community is what this game is dependent upon. The only reality that I should have to face as a paying customer is that if I work hard, I will be rewarded. As long as there are players cheating, I will always be put at a disadvantage.

<blockquote><hr>

And like Donovan, if I'm forced to let every Tom-****-Harry in my house when I don't want them there, I'd have to leave to. I think some players need to get a life and learn to go to houses that are actually open and excepting guests.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not too difficult to ignore them is it?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Who?

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not allowed to name names here. Maybe you didn't realize that.

Actually I have had the pleasure of meeting many players that have been obsessed with watching private houses. I've also had the pleasure of meeting people that have had false accusation made towards them.

5 years is a long time to be heavily invested timewise in TSO to not have seen or met these kind of people.

Like I said before, unless a player can prove positively that a player is botting, they should mind their own business.

I think the 'private pizza house' bothers people more just because it bugs them that someone would have the nerve to lock their doors and a whole lot less to do with botters.

As for 'ignoring' people, I don't have to ignore them at my pizza house because I don't let them in to begin with when I'm trying to make pizza.

Let me add....I have paid for all my accounts since the day they were created. I take 4 of my paid sims to my private house. I have 4 windows open. I'm clicking on each sims' pizza pallette adding ingredients. No extra software....You will with good conscious call that cheating? It's only cheating because there are people that can't do it and they want to screw over those of us that can. When they start paying my subscription fees, then they can have access to my private TSO houses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope. I just lock the doors.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Who?

And to that, what does it matter if thats all they have time for? Are you (plural you) being libeled by these so-called police? From what I have seen, nobody has been labeled as a cheater by name, so I suppose I just fail to see how someone's assumptions are somehow detrimental.

The only detriment that I could see coming from that is if you were cheating, got caught, and were subsequently banned. But since those "police" are just assuming anyhow, everyone they implicate should be exhonerated, right? Or are they all really that innocent?

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. And those should be the players who have successful business ventures, or are always at the money houses. Not the people who lock themselves into houses to use macros (I'm not even in favor of 4 player pizza at this stage in the game's development, but I suppose as long as you're not cheating it's ok).

I guess I look at it from the Stratics RoC perspective. Build the community at all times. By cheating, there is no community building - and community is what this game is dependent upon. The only reality that I should have to face as a paying customer is that if I work hard, I will be rewarded. As long as there are players cheating, I will always be put at a disadvantage.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for echoing what I was basically thinking, and phrasing it way better than I could. Sour grapes, puhleeze
. It takes nothing to make a fortune the way some players are doing it. If we wanted to go that route too, we could. That comment makes it sound like those who are running 4 accounts are actually doing something uber hard that only 0.00005% of the sim population could do or something, ffs. I find it beyond inconceivable that anybody who claims to be an advocate for the future of this game could take on an attitude of either indifference to the fact that the problem is already starting back up, less than 30 days after EA Land open or that they don't intend to lift one finger to change anything, nor do they want anybody else to tell EA their ideas on how things could be fixed, because God forbid they should have to go astray from the routine they've developed living in the isolated world they live in. It started out being bad enough, but seriously these kinds of attitudes from those claiming to be in favor of a new start and a supporter of the future of the game is beyond hypocritical and selfish.....I don't even know what the appropriate word for it would be.....other than what I've already said saddening and sickening, but the more people level their insults, the more even those words dont fit anymore.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not allowed to name names here. Maybe you didn't realize that.

Actually I have had the pleasure of meeting many players that have been obsessed with watching private houses. I've also had the pleasure of meeting people that have had false accusation made towards them.

5 years is a long time to be heavily invested timewise in TSO to not have seen or met these kind of people

Like I said before, unless a player can prove positively that a player is botting, they should mind their own business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met them too, and I once even levied against them as Bot Police, and even Bot Nazis......but seeing what sitting back until there was 'clear proof' to bust somebody got us, I've now changed my mind and realized that anything but pro-action = no action.

<blockquote><hr>

I think the 'private pizza house' bothers people more just because it bugs them that someone would have the nerve to lock their doors and a whole lot less to do with botters.

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hope you're just reaching here for justification of your indignationa nd not actually serious. If you are serious, then you need a serious reality check if you think any of us believe cheaters, or those who take advantage of loopholes in the system are worth being jealous of. If anything those people doing it are jealous of those who actually have managed to make a decent sim life for themselves without feeling like they have to cheat or take shortcuts to do it.

<blockquote><hr>

As for 'ignoring' people, I don't have to ignore them at my pizza house because I don't let them in to begin with when I'm trying to make pizza.

Let me add....I have paid for all my accounts since the day they were created. I take 4 of my paid sims to my private house. I have 4 windows open. I'm clicking on each sims' pizza pallette adding ingredients. No extra software....You will with good conscious call that cheating? It's only cheating because there are people that can't do it and they want to screw over those of us that can. When they start paying my subscription fees, then they can have access to my private TSO houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not cheating, its shortcutting just as I said above. There's a difference between the two, but the problem, and the point is that it is virtually impossible to distinguish between the two, especially when the person themselves gives off the appearance of impropriety by acting like they have something to hide and/or be defensive about in the first place. Again I ask, if you have nothing to hide, then why hide? Why not take your 4 sims to a money house that is designed as a public pizza lot, and plop yourself down at one of the many tables they have there and carry on your legitimate activities if they are legitimate? If you're so hell-bent on keeping to yourself then why bother paying to play a game that is designed to be played alongside others? I'm beginning to wish there was no 'Ban All' feature at all.....only Admit All and Ban List. I do not believe Ban All was put there for the function that it is most often used for, and I really can't think of why it would have been implemented for any category besides residence. Residence lots are supposed to mimic people's home, their getaway from the daily sim grind, so I can understand and support the fact that people would not want to invite just anybody and everybody into their private home when they need to be alone, but money houses were NOT intended to be treated as private homes, nor any other category, or else there'd be no reason to have a residence lot at all, since you cannot really *do* anything there except hang out and chill and chat. THAT'S where people who want to get away should be going, and using the other categories for the function that their name implies that they serve.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Again I ask, if you have nothing to hide, then why hide? Why not take your 4 sims to a money house that is designed as a public pizza lot, and plop yourself down at one of the many tables they have there and carry on your legitimate activities if they are legitimate? If you're so hell-bent on keeping to yourself then why bother paying to play a game that is designed to be played alongside others?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of many reasons why someone might want to use their own property to play pizza or code without having anything to hide or doing anything that is not legitimate.

The main one being convenience, not having to trawl the city to find a place open with a code machine at the exact time that you want to make money is one of them. Its much easier to find pizza. We don't all play in the same time zone, we don't all have the luxury of finding every kind of property open that we want to visit at the time we wish to visit it.

Then of course there is the sim owning the money object and the bonus they receive. In a city where every penny counts, the object kickback is not to be sneered at.

Just because someone wants a quick game of pizza or code when it is convenient, does not mean they want to "keep to themselves" all the time.

The simple fact of the matter is if I want to host, my doors will be open and my full attention will be on the people visiting the lot. If I want to concentrate on pizza or code or building, then my doors will be locked so that I can concentrate on just that, without having to neglect anyone that shows up.

If I choose to spend 5 hours out and about being social and playing with others and then an hour earning a bit of money on a locked lot, that is my perogative and there is nothing illegimate about it.

I am well aware of the fact there are those that bot and lock themselves away to do so, but this attitude of "if you've got nothing to hide, you should play on someone else's lot and never lock your doors" is truly sad.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Again I ask, if you have nothing to hide, then why hide? Why not take your 4 sims to a money house that is designed as a public pizza lot, and plop yourself down at one of the many tables they have there and carry on your legitimate activities if they are legitimate? If you're so hell-bent on keeping to yourself then why bother paying to play a game that is designed to be played alongside others? I'm beginning to wish there was no 'Ban All' feature at all.....only Admit All and Ban List. I do not believe Ban All was put there for the function that it is most often used for, and I really can't think of why it would have been implemented for any category besides residence.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is way over the top!

No one is obligated to justify how or why they close their house to passerbyes. There is no game mandate that says a player is required to provide entertainment, socialization or facilities to other stray players on demand......in fact, that is exactly why we have a Ban All function!

If you can not think of any reason for using it in all categories, it is only because you have your head locked and loaded on your own narrow crusade.

I, personally, have locked down a house to have a:

*Private chat.
*Roomie meeting.
*A party.
*To build.
*Expand the lot.
*Clean up after some roomie has trashed the lot.
*To redecorate.
*To move the lot.
*To design a card game in the card set object.
*Because I am mad at the world and just want to play with my dogs and water the flowers.

I have seen players use it:

*To empty a house in preparation for closing
*To keep anyone from landing as they prepare to go to work.
*To host a private group game.
*To change category.
*To control lag, by limiting the number of visitors.
*To have a private club, with limited membership.
*To get rid of annoying people.

There are probably as many reasons to use Ban All as there are personalities in this game.

If we have any *proof* of illegal activities (not speculation or supposition...real proof), use the report button and then....get on with our own game.

None of us have any right to make assertions about other player's integrity, or intentions, solely based on the use of Ban All.