• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recently GM'd Provocation the "old-fashioned" way - details inside

S

Seismic

Well, we all know how useful Poo's power gaming method of gaining provo is. However, I don't have a GM+ Tamer to just run up to Cu's and tame away. And besides that, it's a fairly controversial with the trapping animals method.

So I thought I'd share my road to GM Provo that I achieved a few months back. It took awhile but now that I'm working on disco similarly in style, I've experienced worse with provo

I started my character with 50 provo. I also started training provo after having GM Music, of course. I also stoned non-necessary skills, such as GM Peacemaking, so that I'd be under the 350 cap. This was important later on (88-90+) since some gains were only GGS at times! And with less than 350 total skill points, your GGS counter is reset every 3-4 hours or so.

I then read nearly every post on this sub-forum for the last few years and came to the conclusion that the Delucia Passage was the best place to provoke since lava lizards are perfect for skill gain until 65-ish or so (my memory is a bit fuzzy here - it's been awhile!).

I don't remember if I used Provocation rings to speed things along at this stage or not, honestly. But that wouldn't be a bad idea since you can find them really cheap - at least on Atlantic. I do remember at one point lowering my music to 90 to be able to continue provoking lava lizards since they are fairly easy to deal with in the passage.

So I trained this for awhile up to 65-ish and then re-raised my music to GM. I then grabbed some provo rings to get up to 75-80 skill and provoked Ogre Lords on Ogre Lord Isle (Despise) to GM, which took quite a bit of time!! It wasn't too boring though and I made about 600k to boot!

Keep in mind that I have a full-time job and don't play 8 hours per day - maybe an hour a day, on average.

So it took a couple months maybe? I don't recall .. but enjoyed the journey most of the time! So if you don't have a GM+ tamer or know anyone that wants to take the time to train you 10 Cu's with top notch barding abilities, maybe the info above will help?

Happy barding!