• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recent announcement from devs regarding event

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This morning Draconi posted, stating that due to recent lag making this game unplayable for many, the event would be extended for 2 more months.

You can read his post here: CLICKY

A dark day for factions, indeed.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning Draconi posted, stating that due to recent lag making this game unplayable for many, the event would be extended for 2 more months.

NONEL! That was mean, ok for your punishment, you must go to doom and steal the level 1 artifacts!

I was like OMG! NOOOOOOOOOO!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is the Halloween event ending (though there are reports it may still be going on) a good thing for Factions?

Oh wait, you mean the Shadowlord invasion? That, a thing which makes Factions have an impact beyond Factions and which attracts new people to it, is bad for Factions?

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=953058#post953058

That post isn't a joke, it's legitimate.

View it negatively if you like. *shrugs* I've given up trying to.....

No. Not even going to go there. Suffice it to say this: I enjoyed my time in Factions, left for reasons completely unrelated to Factions, and feel that I have over the years made a convincing case to anyone who listened that it's good for Factions to be embedded into life on the shard, and not an isolated, set aside aspect of the game.

-Galen's player

N

Nastia Cross

Yes, factions have had an impact (finally) but honestly there are too many problems and bugs for me to want this invasion to continue. For example, I stole and guarded all 8 sigs last night, only to have 4 of them pop back to the towns as neutral because the invasions in Tram had been defeated. I don't care if this is intended or not, its rather annoying to lose sigs when I can do nothing to stop it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, factions have had an impact (finally) but honestly there are too many problems and bugs for me to want this invasion to continue. For example, I stole and guarded all 8 sigs last night, only to have 4 of them pop back to the towns as neutral because the invasions in Tram had been defeated. I don't care if this is intended or not, its rather annoying to lose sigs when I can do nothing to stop it.
Yet you're fine with an invasion in Trammel being triggered in part by your all's actions?

*shrugs*

It's got people playing.

Eh, whatever....Sorry for this post.

-Galen's player

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Galen,

The intentions of this event were quite noble, and on track. The corruption/purification timer change, however, was just a horrendous idea. Most experienced faction players knew it was bad news when they first announced it. Now, factions are down the gutter. Its a free-for-all, with sporadic activity from everyone. There are 3x's as many people in factions now, and the battles are 1/3 the size.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen,

The intentions of this event were quite noble, and on track. The corruption/purification timer change, however, was just a horrendous idea. Most experienced faction players knew it was bad news when they first announced it. Now, factions are down the gutter. Its a free-for-all, with sporadic activity from everyone. There are 3x's as many people in factions now, and the battles are 1/3 the size.
right on! :scholar:

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*glares at Nonel*

Just remember, Tinkz is coming to to a state where you live in February ... don't make me find you and HURT YOU ....

In all seriousness, I haven't logged on my chars in days because factions is not factions. The people playing are not playing for the right reasons and not dedicated to factions. More does not mean better.... I would prefer quality of players over quantity (yes, a business, I know). I for one will be happy when the quantity returns to seeking their most recent "hearts desire" from places other than factions and maybe with the right event moderators we could have some quality.

In the mean time.... how about a bit of event development on our own? I bet we could come up with some ideas that would be fun for those of us who want to get back to playing for the challenge of the game.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Galen,

Not to mention the massive number of (steal) points going around.