• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Received a new January Newsletter

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Received a new January Newsletter 20 minutes ago.
looks good!

im not gonna lie, im picking up one of those Rainbow Unicorns for my red.
nothing says i pawned you - im L33T and u SuXors - like getting run down by a rainbow unicorn.

and i have to admit im gonna pick up one of the wedding package add on packs for guild meetings.
make it feel more like a AA meeting, haha!

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting the unicorn too! I love it, and the wedding package is pretty neat!

I thought we were getting the pet revamp this publish no? I read that somewhere, and looks like nothing for V-Day gifts this year :(

Normally not one to complain, but I could do without every other holidays in UO but V-day!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a link? My yahoo account says it has been compromised. I don't want to make another password right now.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what are the details on Lasher? I grabbed one after getting the newsletter and I thought it was going to be an ethy, but when double clicked, it says it becomes a bonded pet (like those colored horse gifts we got awhile back, I imagine). How many control slots does it take and what are the stats like? Can you transfer them to other characters?

By the way, I didn't realize Lasher was originally a horny unicorn from Ultima 7. I really need to get around to playing that!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have signed up to the newsletter multiple times and have still never received any newsletters!
The new sizes of play window for the CC will make a big difference to a lot of players, that's really great news!
I'm a bit disappointed that Dev time has been put into something like Wedding packages, I can't imagine many people will want a UO wedding nowadays, but of course I may be wrong...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 % agreed. Window size = awesome! Wedding package = :eek:

However, we might underestimate the number of schmoozers in UO - my wife sold 10 (!) Lasher-statuettes this morning! I somehow get the feeling that Stratics attracts negative folks whereas the normal, average player out there likes what the devs are doing... Who cares for PVP, when you can have a rainbow-unicorn, an easter painting, a wedding package and bunnies, tons of bunnies!

:gee:

Nothing to criticize for me!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what are the details on Lasher? I grabbed one after getting the newsletter and I thought it was going to be an ethy, but when double clicked, it says it becomes a bonded pet (like those colored horse gifts we got awhile back, I imagine). How many control slots does it take and what are the stats like? Can you transfer them to other characters?

By the way, I didn't realize Lasher was originally a horny unicorn from Ultima 7. I really need to get around to playing that!
Lasher seemingly does not have abilities, it does not cast spells, has resists in the mid 20s-mid 40s and wrestling, tactics, anatomy as skills. It looks really pretty, folks were very excited this morning when they used the statuette. The animation is very well done and I forgot about the control slots. You dont need taming for them. If I remember right, it had around 250 hitpoints or something. Forgot to take a screenshot.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the unicorn was described as a 'vanity' pet - which to my mind means it's the same as the 16th anniversary horses and the Sakkhran Bird of Prey. Insta bond, horse stats mount.

Enziet

Journeyman
I'll admit, I've already purchased a Unicorn. I enjoyed reading the story behind it so I bought one. I'll ride it for awhile till I get bored of rezing it and go back to my ethy.

CC new resolutions is a HUGE one for me. I really dislike the EC, and now this gives me all the more reason to hate it even more :)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"There is a lot of buzz about our upcoming Wedding Package"

Phew, be glad to finally see the end of all the threads about it...
Should have said "There is a lot of buzz about our upcoming increased game window"...that would have at least been partially true.
Hopefully this is a first step towards giving the CC some of the much desired features the EC has (insta suit switching, automatic mobile healthbars etc.)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where does the Lasher statuette come from?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I can't imagine the need for a wedding package. But whatever. Like the new resolutions, although I'm pretty happy with my current set up. I really did like the wine rack idea so that's something. Rainbow whatever that is, possibly the first time I've ever been motivated to get involved with PvP since the days before Trammel..

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix does the screen resizing include a radar map revamp in the CC?

It'd be helpful to resize that without having to use cartographer.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a link? My yahoo account says it has been compromised. I don't want to make another password right now.
Your account says it was included along with a billion other peoples. Just change your password, or do you seriously think hackers are going through accounts onsy twosy threesy.?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Can lasher be locked down as a statue? I might be mildly interested in that. There's a lot of potential to annoy people with that. :p

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This wedding package thing, and the unicorn, were put in for a friends request, my opinion, but I still think it's true.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yahoo got hacked big time a couple of times. User names and passwords. You really should make a new password. My wife still gets a ton of messages about it not being secure even after a password change. My Blackberry hates Yahoo.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yahoo got hacked big time a couple of times. User names and passwords. You really should make a new password. My wife still gets a ton of messages about it not being secure even after a password change. My Blackberry hates Yahoo.

I showed them. I used the same password. I made it back when we knew the internet is not safe. My name is Hugh G Johnson on yahoo. Never use it for important stuff.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Another Thing...
So far I welcome the Windows Change for CC Users iam still asking myself why WE do need 2 clients?

Basically Love the Old Style Feeling of the CC but I still will Play EC die to Features even if the Graphics are very questionable.

Maybe in Order to make the Best out of the Situation bringing the nostalgy into the EC would Not be the wirst idea when a high res Update will not Happen.

Then we finally could stop Supporting the Old Jingle and move in

No I dont want to bash the CC Users.
Id Love to see proper Graphics (cc) in my EC. With Old paperdoll better Art for hotbars backpack etc.
Ofc with full Funktion. And maybe some of the EC effects for magic etc

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Another Thing...
So far I welcome the Windows Change for CC Users iam still asking myself why WE do need 2 clients?

Basically Love the Old Style Feeling of the CC but I still will Play EC die to Features even if the Graphics are very questionable.

Maybe in Order to make the Best out of the Situation bringing the nostalgy into the EC would Not be the wirst idea when a high res Update will not Happen.

Id Love to see proper Graphics (cc) in my EC. With Old paperdoll better Art for hotbars backpack etc.
+1

I would use EC if they put CC graphics on it :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another Thing...

Because without the CC Users UO would shut down, that's why we need two clients. Sorry the FUGLY Graphics gives me Migraines.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because without the CC Users UO would shut down, that's why we need two clients. Sorry the FUGLY Graphics gives me Migraines.
I normally disagree with you as usual but I have to say that you are right. The Graphics is dogpoop. I got Used to it for the functions and pinco.

Some Parts of the graphic is not evil like the paperdoll even when its completely different I Linda like it partially

But. Pinco is no longer usable as some issue which causes lag like hell

I Start got get annoyed by the CC. More Bugs. Crashes and so on

I know you can Set
legacy Container and paperdoll but they Look crappy

We don't need 2 clients as iam sure all CC Users would like to have the hotbar partybar and better Makro stuff.

If the Mission critical Points of the CC User could be used in EC No one wants to Play that Old thingy. .

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I normally disagree with you as usual but I have to say that you are right. The Graphics is dogpoop. I got Used to it for the functions and pinco.

Some Parts of the graphic is not evil like the paperdoll even when its completely different I Linda like it partially

But. Pinco is no longer usable as some issue which causes lag like hell

I Start got get annoyed by the CC. More Bugs. Crashes and so on

I know you can Set
legacy Container and paperdoll but they Look crappy

We don't need 2 clients as iam sure all CC Users would like to have the hotbar partybar and better Makro stuff.

If the Mission critical Points of the CC User could be used in EC No one wants to Play that Old thingy. .
Some of us are inept cant fgure all that crappola out no way to set up no real info on setting up or why its done like that alot of us players out there