• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Really Weird Castle on Sonoma

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lord Drakelord

I know this castle was not like this the last time by as I hunt in this area for berries and seeds. Recently I got berries from the savages just below this castle and the castle was held by a owner.

Now can any one answer me as to why this castle would be like this?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That castle has been there as long as I can remember on pretty much every shard.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that castle has been there for a while now. Think the GMs placed it. Reason it was placed? No clue at all.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

What does the sign say? Can't really see it to well...

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one on ATL like that , has been there since 2001 , its kinda cool

part of the Shards :)

L

Lord Drakelord

What does the sign say? Can't really see it to well...
This Building is being held by the Britannian Architect's Foundation. Please do not call a GM about it. Now I will swear on a stack of Bibles that was not the sign just couple weeks ago when I was hunting seeds and berries around here.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was some kind of exploit years ago that allowed people to build houses in swamp areas they were not allowed to build in. These kinds of houses popped up all over and were gotten illegally so the GMs announced that they were confiscating all of them. That is all I can remember about it, but there were a ton of them on Atlantic that I remember them grabbing up...

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

L

Lord Drakelord

There was some kind of exploit years ago that allowed people to build houses in swamp areas they were not allowed to build in. These kinds of houses popped up all over and were gotten illegally so the GMs announced that they were confiscating all of them. That is all I can remember about it, but there were a ton of them on Atlantic that I remember them grabbing up...

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic
This castle has been there for Years, not a recent placement, so has to be another reason why its been taken over by EA. I'm like George when I see things like this and just wonder whats up.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One on Baja too. Been there for ages. Same title on the house.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before players could place houses in Trammel, the volunteer staff had 2 castles placed on every shard for events. To my knowledge, these castles have never been used. Which is not surprising considering they were placed in swamps with terrible spawns around them.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that castle on sonoma has allways said that.

and like old pete said, there are a few others as well.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I remember it those castles were originally placed by players.
At the time those swamp sections were not intended for player housing and were taken back fairly quick(like recent events).

I remember I was really ticked off as I had placed a keep.:mad:

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is also on on Chess that has been there as long as I can remember.
I alway thought it was strange that it had two signs.
But the bottom one has always said the same as the one on your shard.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That castle is directly in front of my museums current location in tram on lake superior. We actually marked a rune in the courtyard of it and you can recall right in.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm feeling rather cheated... I think Legends only has the sign :sad4:

T

T_Amon_from_work

Click the pic ... it blows up somewhat and I was able to read the "fine print". <shrug> Then again mebbe your browser or something won't allow it.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One on Baja too. Been there for ages. Same title on the house.
1. There's one that still stands on Baja:

2. There was one here on Baja that fall a few weeks back .. the sign now sits out in front, away from the new castle that was placed.