• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Resist Spells] Real vs Modified (Jewelry) ?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know there are certain restriction on some skills when having real skill vs modified. Last time I tested Spirit Speak, the strangle damage ticks worked off your real skill and ignored modified skill.

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not Resisting Spells may work in a similar way? Does a real 120 skill resist poison more often then a modified 120 skill? I've always stayed away from any +Resisting Spells jewelry because I didn't know and wasn't willing to take a chance.

Just got a really nice piece of +Resisting Spells jewelry and would love to use it but not a chance if 120 modified skill doesn't work exactly as real skill. IMO this is one skill you can't afford any chance of messing around with.

Thanks for any help/advice :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a sampire that has 105 real skill and gets +15 from jewels. He was 120 real skill at one point, but eventually swapped it out in favor of a lesser amount. I have not noticed any difference with resistance to spells or poison since making the change. Probably more applicable to resisting curses than poison since sampires get a poison resist booster from Vampiric Embrace.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I'll give it a shot. Its easy enough to gain back. Thanks for your take on it :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I stoned off the 120 and just raised it back up to the 105.

If you can get a blue scroll or two and do the spell binder trick in New Haven... you can have it at 120 in an hour. So not a huge loss either if you reduce skill and have to bring it back up.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can just copy to test and test it out. Instead of actually working skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk