• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

REAL magery effects scribe intensities etc?

D

dum3886

is it the real magery that effects scrive intensities/ chance of more properties or can i just use jewels to bump up to 115.

I used the recipe on my pvper and he's only got 106 magery hehe..

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont even KNOW if magery really bumps the chanse of more/better properties tbh.
Can anyone confrim that this is a FACT? Otherwise i just keep on selling all 120 Magery PS's!

I

imported_Leto

I'm quite sure the Dev's stated that with higher magery you have a higher chance to make better spellbooks. However, the formula was changed to make it so a GM mage has the possiblity to make the same quality spellbook as legendary mage can. The probability is quite a bit lower though.
The way I understand it is a legendary mage has a better chance at more mods and at higher intensities. Intensity isn't relevant when it comes to slayer spellbooks, the amount of mods is though. More mods per book means you get more 'rolls' for that superslayer property.

As for the OP's question: Sorry, I don't know whether or not you need real skill. My instincts say you do but I cannot back that up by any data at all.
I recon you could test it by crafting a bunch of spellbook with and then without your jewlery. Then see if there's any difference.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of testing.. can you make scrappers on TC? or do you still have to get the recipe?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think it does have to do with real skill..
when i was working magery i had 90 real skill and i have powerscroll to 115.
i had +10 bracelet and +12 book i made and i still never got a 3 mod book untill i hit gm magery on real skill.

now i have gm magery and +10 bracelet and +12 book with 115 scroll, i make all books but i dont get alot of 3 mod ones. maybe 1 in 25.

i also have 21% bonus talisman.
my inscription skill is 95.something

im working magery up to 115 to see what happens.

C

Chameleon

You still need the receipe in TC but i believe it's provided in your bank.
Just have to look out for the particular one or you can just doubleclick every receipe u see.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You still need the receipe in TC but i believe it's provided in your bank.
Just have to look out for the particular one or you can just doubleclick every receipe u see.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I always give myself all the crafting skills, then click through them all ^o^

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

i think it does have to do with real skill..
when i was working magery i had 90 real skill and i have powerscroll to 115.
i had +10 bracelet and +12 book i made and i still never got a 3 mod book untill i hit gm magery on real skill.

now i have gm magery and +10 bracelet and +12 book with 115 scroll, i make all books but i dont get alot of 3 mod ones. maybe 1 in 25.

i also have 21% bonus talisman.
my inscription skill is 95.something

im working magery up to 115 to see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

See I don't have 115 scroll, I am maxed at 105 and I have never gotten a 3 mod book. Maybe it isn't real skill.

Somebody give me a 115 mage scroll
and I will do the requisite tests and post pretty graphs of the results