• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reactivated account - I have a ferret

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I reactivated my account a few weeks back after 4 years away and thought I might have a pack mule stowed away with a stable master. Turns out I did. But apparently, I also have a ferret!

If I recall, ferrets were cute and all but if you left them in your house alone, they would disappear. Is this still true?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never kept a ferret, so I can't confirm your suspicions, but welcome back. I remember your name from a while ago on these forums. It's always good to see old players return.:)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd expect if you left them in your house they'd eventually go wild and either get out the house themselves or get help from passing players and spawns and make their escape. So it's probably safer to keep the ferret with you or stable it.

My RL boyfriend used to run around UO with this silly elf character and 5 ferrets.... all going dook simultaneously as they ran around together. He hasn't become any more sensible after living with me for 5 years lol!

Wenchy

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any tame if left alone long enough will go wild. Just keep them with you. Tames will log out with you, unless it is a pack llama or pack horse with items in it's backpack. You need to be on your blue beetle if it has items in it when you log out.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never kept a ferret, so I can't confirm your suspicions, but welcome back. I remember your name from a while ago on these forums. It's always good to see old players return.:)
This could be taken a couple of different ways Aibal...
*looks for my cane to bop Aibal over the head*

Actually, I've been part of these forums since 1997. I had a different account name (Brianna Knight) and thousands of posts. Then they redid the forums sometime in the early 2000s. I lost all my counts. I had changed my main character name in 1999 to Rhiannon and sometime in early 2000s, the user name "Rhiannon" became available. I snagged it. Then I was gone from Britannia from about late 2007 until late 2011. But I've been known to pop in and out over the years to see what's up.