Re-spawn timer question, please...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's use a 24 hour stealable as an example. If it spawns at 0800 first day, will it always respawn from the original time, or does it reset each time it is actually stolen? If I stole it at 1200, should I be looking about next day at 1200ish give or take the variable, or at 0800?

Thanks in advance!

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Believe this is in FAQ.

From what I have seen the timer starts from when item is stolen (otherwise for low end items that dont get grabbed we would end up with multiples sitting around waiting to be stolen).

For you example on a lvl5 stealable lets say you stole it at 12:00 then it should re-appear then next day around that time BUT they have added a +/- to each respawn window so say on a level 5 it could respawn anytime from 2 hours prior to 2 hours after you stole it the day before, so your respawn window would be from 10:00 - 2:00. The respawn window gets bigger the higher the arti level is, believe this is also in FAQ for respawn windows ranges

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Felucca
The timer starts to count once the item is spawned. It doesn't matter when you steal it. If an item is still there when it should respawn it doesn't spawn a second item. It timer just resets.

You can easily verify that by stealing a level1 rare. Steal it. Camp until you see it spawn and then wait 89 minutes. Steal it again and see. Trust me, you dont have to wait. If i remember correctly the timer for level1 rares is 90minutes + 30 mins (randomness).

I often use that spawn feater to get 2 lamp posts within 15 mins. When i know the timer for a lamp i will wait 12h and then go in. Often enough the next lamp spawns within 15 mins of me taking the existing lamp. My team is still on the riddle by then.

So the answer to your first question is that you have to wait from 8am the next day. The timer for level 5 rares is 24-36h.