• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

re sdi for bard discord masteries

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if a bards discord masteries, despair and tribulation, have a chance to be resisted due to its targets' magic resistance, and if these spellsongs are fueled by mana (magic) to begin with, shouldn't they get a bonus from sdi?

in pvm, it would be a huge benefit as it would add to a bards slim options for doing damage...

in pvp, it would hardly make a difference and so balancing issues hardly come into play..

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is probably not going to be popular, but from what I've seen of barding mastery they are already overpowered to begin with.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is probably not going to be popular, but from what I've seen of barding mastery they are already overpowered to begin with.
i cannot call something overpowered if it is only useful in a group and when a group by its very nature can power through most any situation anyway....

sdi bonus would only effect despair and tribulation and would be a minor boost that if anything would allow a bard to run with a smaller group or eek out a little offense when solo...........

when you look at how many skill points are required to even be able to use the despair and tribulation masteries at optimal level, an sdi bonus is a small and deserved bone compared to the investment the bard has made

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i cannot call something overpowered if it is only useful in a group and when a group by its very nature can power through most any situation anyway....

sdi bonus would only effect despair and tribulation and would be a minor boost that if anything would allow a bard to run with a smaller group or eek out a little offense when solo...........

when you look at how many skill points are required to even be able to use the despair and tribulation masteries at optimal level, an sdi bonus is a small and deserved bone compared to the investment the bard has made
I use this often when I spawn and always assumed my sdi was impacting the damage numbers from trib and despair, but now i'm not so sure lol..

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if a bards discord masteries, despair and tribulation, have a chance to be resisted due to its targets' magic resistance, and if these spellsongs are fueled by mana (magic) to begin with, shouldn't they get a bonus from sdi?

in pvm, it would be a huge benefit as it would add to a bards slim options for doing damage...

in pvp, it would hardly make a difference and so balancing issues hardly come into play..
I'm pretty positive the bard songs cannot be resisted via the "magic resistance" skill, but the damage you do is reduced by the targets resistance to whichever damage type you're doing.

Currently you get damage bonus for Tribulation & Despair by having Musicianship, Discordance, Peacemaking, & Provocation skills (120 in all 4 skills for the highest & the use of a slayer instrument (if applicable) for the highest possible damage).... with the introduction of the other skill Masteries they should have reduced barding down to just Music + any other Barding skills for max potential damage.... since most/none of the newer masteries require more than two skills, barding should be reduced down to two imo. (I said this before, don't feel like searching for it)

but I guess it's justified benefiting from four skills since you don't need to farm for tier 3 barding primers since they start at tier 3... =/

Balancing discord masteries for pvp wouldn't matter anyway, the only people that Could even die to bard masteries are afk or client-crashed... lol and it would be much faster to kill someone with the bards mage-weapon auto-attacks than it would be with the songs

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bard Masteries Summed up - Logrus correct?

expand to see .....

I wanted to verify before answering.

So Lets see:
Inspire:
HCI/SDI: 4 - 16 (Base)
- +1% Bonus per 10 points in a secondary skill above GM. (So thats up to 22% HDI/SDI for a 4x Legendary Bard) (PvP Cap is still 15% SDI)
DI = 20 - 40% (Base) + 3% Per 10 points in secondary skill above GM (58% at 4x Legendary)

Invigorate:
+2 -> 8 To each stat (Base)
(4x Legendary = +14)
Healing 4-16 (Base) , 4xLegendary (10-22)

Resilience:
+2->8 to all Regens(Base), (4x Legendary +11)
Curse Duration Reduction
10-40% (Base), (4xLegendary 60%)

Poison Resistance (I won't go into the math for this one but it does scale)

Preservance:
Casting Focus 1- 4 (Base) (4x Legendary = 6%)
DCI 2-16% (Base) (4x Legendary 22%)
Damage Reduction 2-16% (Base) (4x Legendary 22%)

Tribulation:
Bonus damage is no longer physical. Its a flat % of damage taken.
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Bonus Damge (8 - 32%) Base, 4x Legendary ( 50%)
Bonus Damage Chance ( 15 - 60%) Base, 4x Legendary (84%)
HCI/SDI Debuff (5 - 20%) Base, 4xLegendary (32%)

Despair:
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Damage (9 - 36) (Base) , 4x Legendary (48)
PvM Damage Modifier 1.5x
PvM w/Slayer Damage Modifier 3x
Strength Reduction (4 - 16) Base, 4x (22) (Subject to modifier for PvM and slayers)

Bards can use both spell songs in their mastery at the same time. The upkeep cost is combined.

Each additional bard skill above GM after the mastery skill and musicianship grants -1 to spell song upkeep cost.

Party spellsongs affect the bard, party members and pets of bard and party.

Bards can freely cast spells from any school without it interrupting their spellsongs.

**Couldnt figure out how do do strike through text***

Hopefully thats clear enough.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I use this often when I spawn and always assumed my sdi was impacting the damage numbers from trib and despair, but now i'm not so sure lol..
nope, sdi dont do diddly here....

I'm pretty positive the bard songs cannot be resisted via the "magic resistance" skill, but the damage you do is reduced by the targets resistance to whichever damage type you're doing.
theres a thread somewheres in stratics history where poo tests this and finds that in pvp it can be resisted....... pvm it isn't, but maybe gets reduced intensity based on targets magic resist (i imagine, i dunno)

anyhow, yeah............. 460 real skill points just to use these masteries at optimal level..... 4 skills and 2/3 the space of a template......... when i read the system message that says, you do not have enough mana to continue infusing your song w/ magic....... i think, yeah right........ there aint no magic in my songs........ at least no magic sdi will help....

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm confused now.

I use Tribulation often when I fight Navrey and I never really bothered to look at the damage factor. So I just ran down there to study this a little bit further.

I use 3X legendary bard skills while down there, so my Damage Factor says 41% and 72% Damage Chance in the Tribulation icon.

I was doing more than 41% of my spell. SDI must be counting as part of the 2nd hit, no?

nav.jpg

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm confused now.

I use Tribulation often when I fight Navrey and I never really bothered to look at the damage factor. So I just ran down there to study this a little bit further.

I use 3X legendary bard skills while down there, so my Damage Factor says 41% and 72% Damage Chance in the Tribulation icon.

I was doing more than 41% of my spell. SDI must be counting as part of the 2nd hit, no?

View attachment 43034
trib damage is taken from total damage creature is taking......
so the trib damage of 41% (for 3x bard, as per your example) can be coming from other sources than your own damage output to creature
also, this is increased by 1.5 times w/ use of a slayer