• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Re: Packhorse nerf from UHall

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't want to open up another spam fest on UHall but I wanted to mention how, even if we can't steal from packhorses anymore (something I haven't tested but assume is true due to the recent outburst), we should still be able to gain by stealing items from a bag on the floor. For those new to this concept I know it sounds silly, but what you do is you place a bag on the floor, preferably a pouch so you can walk in front of it, then you bow to open it or use its object handle, and steal readily from the container. I am locked so I can't say whether or not you still gain but I was able to steal successfully and you should still gain by this method. You can also, if you are in the middle of nowhere, bring an NPC or two (hired warriors from Jhelom Pits, for example) to help increase the difficulty of the theft, as the extra NPCs act as witnesses and decrease the chance you have to succeed.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tip. I would have never thought of that.

In all honesty I can't believe this pack animal change is intentional.

A lot of folks are getting really miffed before we learn the facts.
Yes it sucks but I can't help but have a little faith in the devs that this was an unforeseen fluke and shall be remedied.

Hopefully the bag on the floor method shall suffice as a good work around until we know for sure what is what.

If I may, I'd like to ask,, nay,...plead (beg even) that people not flame the devs.
Chewing ones' arse doesn't make one want to get right on it but rather quite the opposite.

As the saying goes: You catch more flies with honey.

Perhaps someone with good writing skills can shoot a polite & eloquent e-mail to Cal or Mesanna addressing this. I'd do it but I suck at wording things properly and often make things worse :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In all honesty I can't believe this pack animal change is intentional.

A lot of folks are getting really miffed before we learn the facts.
Yes it sucks but I can't help but have a little faith in the devs that this was an unforeseen fluke and shall be remedied.
I think it must have to do with the recent EM change. I can't imagine it's intentional either.

Mesanna's E-Mail should be <[email protected]>.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've already contacted her, it is known, was un-intended, and is being fixed.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm im gainnig skill from stealing from my packy didnt knnow anything was up with that gained .5 in hour last night. working on my 4th thief hes at 105.2

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
G.v.P. didn t think to try that for increased gains either will try pouch method! i will allways try anything once, sometimes twice to see if it works better and grab some npc's to hang out!!if anyone interested ill post gains as they come for info.currently just stealing harp's weighing 10 stones